Page 113 of 303 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 6044
    If you're looking to enter a team is there a place you should be team building or can you do in matchmaking?

You can train them up whenever, providing both teams are trying to win the way that you choose.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Yeah - no levelling a team against someone playing just snotlings or someone who disconnects repeatedly to give you wins, that's the important thing.

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Balls. I hung around on steam for ages too.

Real life has got ludicrously busy quickly alas, the next time I can realistically play is maybe Saturday afternoon, and definitely anytime Sunday.

Not sure if that is before the deadline or not...
    Saturday afternoon is pleasing if you can do it. Can we say 2.30pm?

Playing as a goblin coach has scant few rewards. For me at least they're always beaten both on the pitch and to a pulp, with a succession of easy rolls flubbed and self-inflicted wounds. Kehmri would never be an easy task, and indeed Snoozer romped home with an simple 2-0 win, leaving a usual trail of broken bodies behind him.

Sometimes though, just sometimes, Nuffle rewards his loyal devotees.

In fact you could almost say that this time out he threw me a bone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Woah. Nice kill.

edit: wrong thread duh
    Last edited by potatoedoughnut; 16-06-2012 at 03:55 PM.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Woah. Nice kill.
    I have mixed feelings about his death. Clearly the death of a +STR piece is sad. However, he used to be a +AG, +STR piece (note in the screen shot he's +AG, but only AG 2). He broke his neck 2 games ago, so he was +40k of useless TV. I wasn't going to retire him - I let nature take its course.

Nie was a good sport and it was an enjoyable game. I even learned a new rule - if the goblin ball carrier is eaten by a troll, apparently that doesn't cause a turnover!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by HughTower View Post
    I'm an idiot. Clearly cant do this time so it might have to be tomorrow/Sunday morning. Can you do 11?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Sorry grinn, running late, should be there for 1030.
    Last edited by ChainsawHands; 16-06-2012 at 10:12 AM.

No worries. See you at 10.30

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Me and JayTee tried to play our game today in Div 2, cyanide wouldn't let us because of made up port-issues, we'll try again later this weekend and if it doesn't work we'll call it a day and a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Indefatigible Snoozer View Post
    I even learned a new rule - if the goblin ball carrier is eaten by a troll, apparently that doesn't cause a turnover!?!?
    It should cause a turnover according to the rules, what happened to the ball, did it get picked up by one of your other players?

Quote Originally Posted by Indefatigible Snoozer View Post
    I even learned a new rule - if the goblin ball carrier is eaten by a troll, apparently that doesn't cause a turnover!?!?
    Really felt like that should be a turnover, though it was too late in the day for it to make any difference by that point (the goblin that was eaten was one of the two left on the pitch). I've a feeling that's a Cyanide though, after all the ball was essentially dropped. Or possibly burped out, who knows?

Other highlights of the game: my pogoer failing a pickup in my endzone on turn one that lead to the ball being thrown back into a pre-made Khemri cage, the frenzied-block-MB tomb guardian failing to injure anyone despite continually knocking people down pretty much every turn, injuring the 90SPP skeleton ball carrier and another tomb guardian (both regenned).

Best of all was totally ridiculous hero play to crowd surf Snoozer's ball carrier on turn 7. I needed something like 6 dodges (two against tackle) and 4GFIs, all just to give me a 2 against block - and it bloody well worked. Even more impressive Snoozer managed to score on turn 8 anyway with a sprinting skeleton that was just barely within reach.

The Gears of Mork faced the Horny Goats today. The clash of the bashies left a miss next game on each side and a fractured leg on a skilled beastman. An ag boosted chaos warrior was saved in the nick of time by the merc apo.

The Goats opted to kick to the Gears. The Gears received and prompty ran up to half pitch... where they stayed for the rest of the half punching back wave after wave of souped-up goat charges. The goats slowly but surely made their way into the dug-out. In the last two turns the cage moved up and the Gears made an easy run into the endzone.

The second half saw a 10 man Gears side kicking to a 10 man Goat side. The Gears placed the ball in the right wing, close to the centre-line, hoping to pressure the Goats into dropping the ball. The Goats had a few unlucky rolls and soon the Gears were all over the ball carrier. The orc thrower, once again grabbed the ball and ran to a safe corner, bringing the score to 2-0.

Depleted and demoralized the Goats gave up the ball once again and a re-rolled missed catch from Mintoff set the score-line to 2-0.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HughTower View Post
    Just to confirm that's fine for me.

Ultimate Maths Squad (Jim, human) vs Insufferable (mrpier, helves)

link link link ---> http://www.mediafire.com/?rary6el4tjag0cc <--- link link link

My team is brilliant.
    My catchers score.
    My lovely ogre.
    Splats you to gore.
    We stroll right up the sideline
    He falls back all his mans.
    But I can step around them,
    This game's in the bag, but...

Insufferable. You're punchable.
    You're bootable, it's true.
    But you find space in a crowded place,
    And I don't know what to do,
    'Cause I really can't catch you.

Yeah, he rolls a die,
    As he saunters by.
    Wins a short-distance race, god won't you
    Fucking die
    Okay I don't think he'll do that again,
    No, wait, fluffed the pickup and he's ran past my men.

Insufferable. You're punchable.
    You're bootable, it's true.
    But you find space in a crowded place,
    And I don't know what to do,
    God how am I down 1-2

I'll kill you all. you pointy fools.
    You're flammable, probably too.
    God let's just go for a ridiculous pass,
    A natural six somehow rolls, 2-2!
    But it's time to face the truth,
    I will not kill all of you.

Full Time: Maths 2-2 Insufferable

Gutted that I could only draw after being 1-0 up, with six turns to go, with a cage around the carrier in the middle of the pitch. But I underestimated the elves.

I always underestimate the elves.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Tower of Hugh / Where are You?

I'll hang about on steam / in the lobby in case you appear. Give us a nudge. (I may be playing FIFA/drinking tea, so I haven't gone but I may take a few minutes to notice the aforementioned nudge)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I’m back Jol. Just got in and feel like complete shit so I’ll probably concede. I’m going to dive in the shower and grab a bite to eat and see if I feel vaguely human. Expect me around ten past and I’ll make a final call.

I’ve had about 6 hours sleep in the last 72. If I stop moving next thing I know it’ll be Sunday. I’m getting old.

Zor: As mentioned, I can push it back to later today if need be.

laneford: Hugh wrote further up that he couldn't make it and wanted to go for Sunday morning instead. Which is after the deadline. But I guess it's ok if you can make it in the morning so we only lose half a day.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'll ber asleep later Jol :) Left Shanghai first thing this morning, so late last night UK time, and as my bodyclock was still somewhere betweeen UK and LA time I didn't exactly sleep much while I was there. Think it is now or never so lets give it a shot.