Page 127 of 303 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 6044
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    It was a hell of a game, but sometimes with goblins you just have to swallow your Nuffling. Jiiim kept it entertaining with banter and with the state of my team as they are I always knew it wasn't going to be likely.

My favourite part of the match came when I lucked into a Blitz at kick-off. I'd kicked deep and the ball was set to land right next to both of Jiim's throwers, so there was little I could do aside from shore up my defences. One blitz action on Ripper to Grab Jiim's Side Stepping catcher. But then.. I found out you can Throw Team Mate during a blitz :D

I chucked a goblin downfield to mark the ball- and he landed right on the thrower's head! :)

The thrower was stunned, my goblin escaped unharmed.. so I stood him up and moved in to catch the ball... but he immediately crit-failed his Dodge roll and reroll and Badly Hurt himself.

Yay goblins! :P

---

Awesome musical report, Jiiim.

In light of their... success... this season, I think I will definitely be giving the Stikky Fingerz the next season off.
    Last edited by Screwie; 22-07-2012 at 04:30 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Mr Pier's Elves and Nuffle 4 - 1 Storm Boyz

I am one pass and catch from a touchdown, and the thrower rerolls the pass to a scatter launch that throws the ball right into the hands of the only elf within ten squares of the target? Nuffle is real.
    This is probably the most random thing I've seen in Blood Bowl, it was just so absurdly lucky on my part I just laughed out loud in disbelief. I first thought it was a bug in bloodbowl or that PW had used the pass button and misclicked my player or something. I think my player was about three squares away from the intended recipient when he caught the pass, I wonder what the odds are for this happening?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    I think my player was about three squares away from the intended recipient when he caught the pass, I wonder what the odds are for this happening?
    Pretty slim.

Hey Janek I can play today for sure (any time), otherwise probably the weekend is best. Let me know.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Okay um I have a couple of Fumbbl matches tonight so shall we call it sometime at the weekend?

saturday late morning/afternoon should be good. does that work?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yep, call it maybe 1.30pm?

Hey Prester, when you wanna play wiv ma dinosaurs? I can play through the day this week and most evenings if you give me a couple of days notice.

The Gears played their final game against Janek's Pirates this evening. It went something like this:

The Gears win the toss and opt to kick to the Pirates. The Pirates have Herr Von Drakenborg on their side and a sneaky wizard. The Gears fodder-lino, Fantozzi, bought to plug the hole left by an injured Black Orc refuses to leave the pitch on the line-up. The Gears coach screams every known insult at the noob-orc, but he merely grins and dances around the pitch. The annoyed orcs shove him into the scrimmage line to teach him a lesson.

The orc kicker, Imangul places the ball a few squares over the scrimmage line and slightly to the left. The Pirates push back the noob-orc and the troll but fail to drop him after two blocks. The Pirates' coach calls in another block, this time a risky one-die affair... which skulls with a re-roll. The Gears surge forward and grab the ball. There is a tussle up the pitch, with Von Drakenborg making a great, but unsupported attempt at defence. Three of the pirates are knocked out and one is badly hurt when the agile Agatha Barbara scores for the Gears. There's three more turns to go for the Pirates and a shiny wizard still itching to burn green skin.

Fantozzi, once again refuses to leave the pitch.

Imangul kicks... and this time the ball goes out of the field and it's a touch back for the Pirates...

Only... the Pirates' are having a heated discussion with their coach and...

They drop the ball!

The Pirates leave the pitch!!!

...and that's how the season ends for the Gears. A bit of an anti-climax for a final game, but hey, a win's a win!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Nie!

We have a final match to play.

I can do any day or evening this week up to thursday evening, but am away for a week, from Friday until Friday

Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    Hey Prester, when you wanna play wiv ma dinosaurs? I can play through the day this week and most evenings if you give me a couple of days notice.
    Saturday evening, bout 7pm?

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Nie! We have a final match to play.
    I'm choosing to interpret my utterly undeserved default as a sign from Nuffle that my gobbos are now invincible, bring it! Thursday night from 20:00BST would be good.

I can do that mate. I'm off work so any time that evening.

Zoraster! I could do Saturday or Sunday afternoon or Monday evening, any of those work for you?
    Last edited by ChainsawHands; 26-07-2012 at 01:32 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Zoraster! I could do Saturday or Sunday afternoon or Monday evening, any of those work for you?
    Sunday afternoon around 16:00 or Monday evening around 19:30?

OK, let's go for Monday at 1930 then.

I joined the Open with 4 aims:
    1. Cause more injuries in a game than I suffer
    2. Kill a valuable player
    3. Draw a game
    4. Win a game

Going into this last match - both in this tournament and almost certainly for the Underfoot Crawlers - I had achieved two of these, bringing about the re-death of a Khemri blitzer worth 5 gobbos on his own and scraping a draw against a sickly Nurgle team. Other than those two highlights, the season had been a whitewash - some close matches but each ending in a loss, even being soundly beaten by the other gobbo team. Sure, doing anything with gobbos was always unlikely but for each time I'd come close to doing anything I'd been brutally crushed on half a dozen other occasions. Worse still, most of the time it was stupid mistakes rather than brutal dice unfairness. It just wasn't happening.

Tonight, the Underfoot Crawlers played like Blood Bowl Gods. Tonight, all the games of hurt paid back a hundredfold. Tonight, they could (almost) do no wrong.

Tonight, the Underfoot Crawlers beat 3 Feet High and Rising 1-0, causing 4 injuries and suffering none in return.

I am king of the *@#%ing world right now :D
    Last edited by NieA7; 26-07-2012 at 09:45 PM.

I think you hussled me with all this "can't buy a win all season" crap when you clearly possess a team of goddamn invincible super wonder bastard goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by Prester John View Post
    Saturday evening, bout 7pm?
    Sorry, I thought I'd replied to this. That should be fine, I might be a little bit late - no more than 20 minutes, but I'll try my best to get back for 7.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    I joined the Open with 4 aims:
    1. Cause more injuries in a game than I suffer
    2. Kill a valuable player
    3. Draw a game
    4. Win a game

Going into this last match - both in this tournament and almost certainly for the Underfoot Crawlers - I had achieved two of these, bringing about the re-death of a Khemri blitzer worth 5 gobbos on his own and scraping a draw against a sickly Nurgle team. Other than those two highlights, the season had been a whitewash - some close matches but each ending in a loss, even being soundly beaten by the other gobbo team. Sure, doing anything with gobbos was always unlikely but for each time I'd come close to doing anything I'd been brutally crushed on half a dozen other occasions. Worse still, most of the time it was stupid mistakes rather than brutal dice unfairness. It just wasn't happening.

Tonight, the Underfoot Crawlers played like Blood Bowl Gods. Tonight, all the games of hurt paid back a hundredfold. Tonight, they could (almost) do no wrong.

Tonight, the Underfoot Crawlers beat 3 Feet High and Rising 1-0, causing 4 injuries and suffering none in return.

I am king of the *@#%ing world right now :D
    Freaking awesome! Congratulations.