Page 144 of 303 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194244 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,880 of 6044
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Hey Chainsaw when are you free to stamp all over my diseased goats?
    Sorry, bit of a busy time for me. How would Saturday afternoon be?

Should be fine - I have no plans over the weekend

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Corkir - Mind if we postpone the match for 30 minutes or so, I just got home?

Network Hub
    Noooo i will have to help with the washing up now :( Thirty mins is fine.

Right, ready when you are. Sorry about the delay.

Soo, quite close game, we both had our fair share of snake eyes, but Corkir mostly avoided them on the important rolls. I also had a couple of dumb mistakes but I don't think they affected the match that much. Eldir was a hypno-beast today which didn't help me at all.

Dodge'n'dance 3-1 Insufferable

Thanks for the game Corkir, it was tense all the way.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Just a heads up. I'm constantly 1000 TV down, it's just depressing having 3 bribes and not even getting to use them because no one is lying down and even my secret weapon guys get ground into dust before they can achieve any thing.

I might not persist in this league.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I am not surprised (considering how tough it is for a 1500k+ goblin team in the Open).

I assume you're also grabbing Ripper and Morg? I'd use the remaining inducement cash for babes and a wizard. If the opposing team has only 2-4 TRRs a chef can mess them up. Bribes can be pretty fickle, and sometimes you get them for free anyway.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=te...team_id=703862

I would recommend watching those replays for how rookies Goblins can cope with high TV. I would also point out that there's only a handful of teams that are up to the lofty heights of 2000+ TV, most are around the 1600 mark.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Speaking of which Jiiiim, we're up next aren't we? A 1300-ish TV difference I believe - bring it on!

(this is not a dig at anyone, I'm well aware that flings are *supposed* to be played with a 700+ TV difference, but this game is likely to be crazy - also I have never used Morg before)

I keep bumping into Morg this month, like it's a wacky sitcom and he's my crotchety landlord and I just don't have the rent

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Speaking of which Jiiiim, we're up next aren't we? A 1300-ish TV difference I believe - bring it on!

(this is not a dig at anyone, I'm well aware that flings are *supposed* to be played with a 700+ TV difference, but this game is likely to be crazy - also I have never used Morg before)
    This may be the only time I ever say this, but DON'T buy Morg.

Buy Branchmaim Murderbastard instead. He's a terrifying oaken killing machine... of death!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I have 1300 of inducements. I'll be getting the tree, Morg, a wizard, a couple of mercs, an apo, some bribes and the rest rerolls.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Oh, and the babes too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    And the chef.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That's it though.

Zara?

Also: edit :)
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I can only have two star players though. Otherwise I'd have Zara as well!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Just a heads up. I'm constantly 1000 TV down, it's just depressing having 3 bribes and not even getting to use them because no one is lying down and even my secret weapon guys get ground into dust before they can achieve any thing.

I might not persist in this league.
    Rookie coach struggles with tier 3 team shock. Seriously Helio what did you expect? Even the very best tier 3 coaches get games where they can’t do a single thing when the dice don’t cooperate. These sort of games go hand-in-hand with opting to play a tier 3 team, doubly so with Goblins who are erratic even by tier 3 standards. They wipe teams off the park when things go well but the weapons make them far more likely to snowball when things start going south so they tend to have lots more extreme results rather than the steady diet of standard 2-1 type games ‘flings and Ogres (on TT at least) provide.

Tier 3 coaching is unforgiving hence the immense underachievement of tier 3 teams in the Open. Since the more balanced LE roster set arrived the combined tier 3 record excluding my ‘flings stood at a paltry 13.8%, way below the 30-35% tier 3 par. Even worse those figures are significantly inflated by walkovers... think there have only been two legit wins to complement the handful of draws. Point is it is hard to get results. You are looking at losing 16/17 games this season if you perform at the same sort of level of your fellow intrepid tier 3 explorers. You need more realistic expectations while you are still learning the basics.

You are trying to run before you can walk but don’t fall into the negative mindset of assuming it isn’t possible to run just because you can’t do it yet. Yes Open tier 3 teams have massively underperformed but my ‘flings were quite the opposite, hitting the 59% mark and yes that did include 1000k+ inducements going towards a ‘fling triumph on at least one occasion. It is an eminently achievable goal when you know what you are doing but it does take a little bit of time to get there. Oh and even when you are you must still expect those occasional games when you can’t do a sodding thing :) If you are going to play tier 3 you have to accept that as part of the package that makes them fun. We play them because they fall apart... it is all part of the challenge.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    I can only have two star players though. Otherwise I'd have Zara as well!
    Against fast teams if the cash is there I go Morg and Zara. Deeproot’s lack of pace is a real issue against pointy eared pansies, rats and humans. If I haven’t got the cash for Morg on TT I take Bertha ahead of Deeproot in these games. You need the mobility or your entire game depends on making the first pick up roll or the three trees will get screened out of the game. Zara and Morg also are a lot more use on defence giving you better odds of forcing the score fast enough to have time for a realistic scoring drive of your own rather than having to rely on the crapshoot one turner if you want to win.