Page 147 of 303 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 6044
    Laneford, when can you play me? I am available on Friday night and most of the weekend, if we arrange a date.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolima View Post
    Sometime in the weekend should be good, though I prefer to plan them early to avoid blocking up an entire day. How about 10 am on Saturday, too early?
    That'll be fine boss. However which TZ? I know you normally arrange in your opponents TZ so I was assuming BST but then you may well know I normally arrange in my opponents TZ so could be assuming CEST :) Either will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I didn't even use both my apothecaries, and I'm thinking I should start spending that 100k on a TRR or double-babes instead.
    Against welfs or other low av/low bash teams a bribe would be a better choice I think. Not too likely to get torn up by elves so Apo or babes are meh and TRRs don't help that much unless the team is just starting out and doesn't have many TRR and/or skills.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    Against welfs or other low av/low bash teams a bribe would be a better choice I think. Not too likely to get torn up by elves so Apo or babes are meh and TRRs don't help that much unless the team is just starting out and doesn't have many TRR and/or skills.
    Like Chaos, maybe? :)

If I am in the mood for fouling I would go bribe, but in that entire game I fouled only once. There was always something more urgent to be doing than to surround and stomp a lone elf, especially when I had to cover my ball carrier against Strip Ball wardancers too.

An extra TRR would at least have helped me get the block results I needed. My team's still too young for Tackle but fortunately Corkir's squad had a fair few elves without Dodge... however but nothing's worse than the ineffectual blitz when your opponent spends their every turn moving their players out of your TZs. :(

EDIT: The other option as to drop 30k somewhere (I had 120k inducements) and get a Wizard. Hmm...
    Last edited by Screwie; 05-09-2012 at 04:11 PM.

Fair enough, I assumed with a lvl4 mino that the team wasn't that new.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    That'll be fine boss. However which TZ? I know you normally arrange in your opponents TZ so I was assuming BST but then you may well know I normally arrange in my opponents TZ so could be assuming CEST :) Either will be fine
    Well, I did mean BST, but 10 CEST would be even better, so let's go for that. :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    Fair enough, I assumed with a lvl4 mino that the team wasn't that new.
    No worries! Somehow the minotaur has leapt ahead of the curve, as the rest of the team is mostly level 2, with a few level 3s.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quite Nice White Mice (President Weasel's rat mans) 5 - 3 Lachyrmata Angels (Cyberpunkdreams's Poncy Flower Elves)

An eight touchdown thriller between rats and wood elves.
    Eight. Touchdowns.
    It looked set to be a draw or maybe a one touchdown margin to me, until at around 3-1 Cyber made a slight miscalculation: you're never quite as far away from a rat as you think you are. The thrower who looked safe in the backfield was actually in range of three gutter runners. One marked his supporting player so he wouldn't get an add, one marked the thrower, and the third one did a horn-assisted blitz that knocked the ball loose. Woo yay gutter runners yay. Then there was a bit of a stramash around the ball, and nobody could quite manage to pick it up and run away, until finally a gutter runner scored the touchdown that got me a 2-goal lead.

Then elves woo, gutter runners yay, elves yay, gutter runners woo, repeat every couple of turns until the game ends.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Oops, scratch that - I'll be brewing beer then. Wednesday or Thursday night around 8?
    I can't make Thursday. Saturday morning or Sunday morning would work though.

Bah, scratch that, I ve been called in to work Saturday morning. Could swing a 15.00 game on Saturday or Sunday morning though.

Quote Originally Posted by grinn View Post
    I can't make Thursday. Saturday morning or Sunday morning would work though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    I have beer-related activities planned for Saturday afternoon, but I could probably manage Sunday morning. Although it's a Sunday morning, so the later the better!

Same here - ok then, say 10 uk time (11 Malta time)?

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Snoozer - i'm free most evenings after 9 or all day tomorrow
    Mr Phoenix - how does Saturday morning look to you? The earlier the better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Laneford, when can you play me? I am available on Friday night and most of the weekend, if we arrange a date.
    Could you do Saturday afternoon?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    I have beer-related activities planned for Saturday afternoon, but I could probably manage Sunday morning. Although it's a Sunday morning, so the later the better!
    Tempting, but there is no hell on earth worse than the last train to edinburgh from glasgow

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Insufferable executed a text book elfing of The Brains rookie orcs. With not a level between them, there was too little punching elves into the ground going on to make a serious challenge. It ended up with 4-0 to the high elves.

That was 4-0 in TD and injuries to the elves! Luckily all my pansy Orcs were only BH but the shame of being beaten down by an Elf will forever live in their squishy green hearts. It's a tragedy really.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ultimate Maths Squad 2 - 0 The Dessert Spoons

A brutal and bloody game, with I think 9 casualties all told, saw the flings lose their third match in a row. They out-bashed the humans but were outmaneuvered in the end.

A skill up for a treeman (at last) and for a fling (meh) was some recompense, and at least no permanent damage was caused by either team.

Cheers for the game Jiiim, maybe I'll be able to give you more of a contest next season.

Yeah it was a case of getting the ball to win without suffering too much damage, and then hiding. Somewhere around turn 4 I was a bit anxious as I think I had three BH players by then. Fortunately Gauss and Newton, between them, beat the halflings up at more or less the same rate.

Special mention to Jacobi the ogre for standing up every single turn to get pummeled by Deeproot Strongbranch without complaint or even an armour break.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    Yeah it was a case of getting the ball to win without suffering too much damage, and then hiding. Somewhere around turn 4 I was a bit anxious as I think I had three BH players by then. Fortunately Gauss and Newton, between them, beat the halflings up at more or less the same rate.

Special mention to Jacobi the ogre for standing up every single turn to get pummeled by Deeproot Strongbranch without complaint or even an armour break.
    Also the big guy does a mean guitar solo.