Page 149 of 303 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 6044
    Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cubo View Post
    Having played an ogre team in a regular team environment I, too, know what it is to feel like your team is only an spp dispenser. I imagine it's even worse if you will repeatedly face highly developed teams. Hang in there, Helio!
    Likewise playing gobbos in the DoD!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Having played an ogre team in a regular team environment I, too, know what it is to feel like your team is only an spp dispenser. I imagine it's even worse if you will repeatedly face highly developed teams. Hang in there, Helio!
    Yes, I agree. I've been thrashed twice, but I *nearly* got a draw against Lowkey - just a stupid positional mistake let him in. That was a huge buzz.

I also beat the shit out of Jiiim's humans (1300 TV difference). That was brilliant too. Watching those 70 SPP blitzers run from my flings was very satisfying, despite the defeat.

My thrashing from Corkir was a bit depressing, but elves will do that to you - and if just a couple of rolls had gone my way I would have threatened a draw.

Try to play solidly, giving nothing away. Goblins are great at bash - with morg, ripper, 2 trolls and a chainsaw, you have a terrifying blocker line, to say nothing of fouling every turn. You have a credible TTM threat from anywhere, as well as that leaping bugger.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    My thrashing from Corkir was a bit depressing...
    I've had the same treatment in the DoD vs my gobbos (although Nuffle definitely contributed to that one I reckon). My money's on Corkir to win the Open this season.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Zoraster will kill a few of those elves off!

Always they underestimate the mighty humans

I mean, fair enough, they're crap. But some day!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    No cat picture? TBH, I almost feel like ogres is a dishonest comparison, no loners, and no really stupid. I'd happily swap, in fact is that something that could happen?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Goblins are way better than Ogres on Cyanide, especially for a rookie coach.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    No cat picture? TBH, I almost feel like ogres is a dishonest comparison, no loners, and no really stupid. I'd happily swap, in fact is that something that could happen?
    The catch is that snotlings are much worse than goblins. Not marginally worse, but much much much much worse.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    Goblins are way better than Ogres on Cyanide, especially for a rookie coach.
    What are the teams like not-on-Cyanide?

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    Likewise playing gobbos in the DoD!
    Ah I remember our match so fondly. That was a well stocked injury box.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    The catch is that snotlings are much worse than goblins. Not marginally worse, but much much much much worse.
    Also, while ogres don't have Really Stupid, they do have Bone-head, and while that's not as bad it's still pretty bad. Plus you have (up to) 6 of it: that's a lot of standing around with no tackle zones.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I wasn't going to play "just this one" it was meant to be a "stick it out or not" decider. I'll go with your judgement on this match andI'll get my stick it out decider next week if needs be.
    So, to be really clear Helio, you want to admin a defeat for this week. We can then move the league on.

For next week you will try once more with the team and then if you still don't like it you'll bow out and we'll try to replace you somehow.

Can you just confirm that that's what you want to do, and then we can move the league on to week 4.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Also, while ogres don't have Really Stupid, they do have Bone-head, and while that's not as bad it's still pretty bad. Plus you have (up to) 6 of it: that's a lot of standing around with no tackle zones.
    But they don't have loner though, which is huge.

Ultimately, Goblins are a viable, but still a bit shit, team. Same as Ogres and Flings. I've seen online leagues with Goblins quite high up, so it's certainly possible to win with them against developed teams.

I don't agree that it takes time to develop a goblin or fling team, the reason being that they don't get much better with normal skills. They are almost as good straight out of the box as they will ever conceivably be, so much better to get the TV down it seems to me.

I would say ideally you would be down 900 TV minimum with a goblin team - morg, ripper and a wizard, although 930 TV would get you a bribe for your chainsaw too. I wouldn't take any other secret weapons.
    Last edited by Everblue; 11-09-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Oh, definitely - that was in context of Helio saying the had no loner and no really stupid, I was just pointing out that they still have BH so not having RS isn't much of an advantage.

Ultimately, Goblins are a viable, but still a bit shit, team. Same as Ogres and Flings. I've seen online leagues with Goblins quite high up, so it's certainly possible to win with them against developed teams.

I don't agree that it takes time to develop a goblin or fling team, the reason being that they don't get much better with normal skills. They are almost as good straight out of the box as they will ever conceivably be, so much better to get the TV down it seems to me.

I would say ideally you would be down 900 TV minimum with a goblin team - morg, ripper and a wizard, although 930 TV would get you a bribe for your chainsaw too. I wouldn't take any other secret weapons.
    Yeah -aside from stat ups and doubles theres not a huge amount thats gamechangingly useful on goblin teams. The skill really is managing your TV and firing players on a regular basis to keep the TV down.

I was meaning to play, but yes in the name of good practice I will have a default. I'll assume a loss unless Janek says otherwise. The next match ill play and I think I'll fire some bloat players to allow for better inducement.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'm pretty much free from.... NOW. So if you do want to get the match in I can do so at any point this evening. Or default or whatever. It's all good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    MrPier - It's my flings against your Helves this week. Reckon you can score another 7 goals against the stunties? Morg says not!

Your fancy dan pansies are going to get stuntied to the death. If I can catch you, obv.

Friday good for you? about 8pm UK time?

Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    I'm pretty much free from.... NOW. So if you do want to get the match in I can do so at any point this evening. Or default or whatever. It's all good.
    Oopsie, missed this post. Nm

Moving right on then. The new batch of matches are marked up in the sheet with a deadline of next Saturday.

Snoozer, I could play you most times in the weekend or some evening next week.