Page 167 of 303 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,340 of 6044
    Anyway, Maths Squad v Quite Nice White Mice

Full time: 4-1 to Maths

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    For starters, it was clearly 'Ultimate Maths Squad featuring special guest star Nuffle' vs 'The Quite Nice White Mice feat. staggering lack of ball skills'.

Apart from that, and the picture not adequately showing the ridiculous number of times my gutter runners failed anything-but-a-1 rolls, it's a pretty accurate red-pen-stravaganza.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    Again pretty much any evening after 6pm or so I think. Call it Tuesday at 8?
    Sounds like a plan. This evening is also doable if you catch me on Steam.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    It's meeeeeee! Tuesday 8pm?
    Hello chap,

I'm sorry, but whilst my broadband may cope with playing a match, it certainly is not up to downloading the CE patch. I'm going to have to sit out this round, and probably a good few more until BT get their arse into gear and give me new broadband. (26th November ETA)

Do you have the steam version of LE? I have the patched steam version of LE - if someone can tell me which files to copy, I'd be happy to R them to a DVD-R and post them to you using the Royal Mail.

Hey squirrel, when do you wanna play?

Well Corkir and I just had a very enjoyable game where hardly anyone got hurt very badly and we managed to keep each other to only one TD each. Admittedly, Corkir scored in about 2 or 3 turns and I spent the rest of the game scoring mine, but that's neither here nor there!

I was happy with the result, considering his hyper agility, super high scoring elves. And Corkir reported being happy considering my super dodgy, hyper, errr, something else 'zons! So everyone was very happy and neither of us lost so it was all good.

I'll stop rambling now... Thanks for the game Corkir!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Hello chap,

I'm sorry, but whilst my broadband may cope with playing a match, it certainly is not up to downloading the CE patch. I'm going to have to sit out this round, and probably a good few more until BT get their arse into gear and give me new broadband. (26th November ETA)
    Naaawh that's a shame, are positions are reversed from last season!

Quote Originally Posted by grinn View Post
    Hey squirrel, when do you wanna play?
    Hm, looking at your team I'd say that I'd fare better not to play you at all. Sorry, I'll pass / concede this one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Do you have the steam version of LE? I have the patched steam version of LE - if someone can tell me which files to copy, I'd be happy to R them to a DVD-R and post them to you using the Royal Mail.
    Non-Steam version keys now register on Steam, so you should be able to right click -> Backup Game Files, it'll ask you for path and file size (either CD sized or DVD sized) and 'ford can register his key then do a restore from the backups.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Hm, looking at your team I'd say that I'd fare better not to play you at all. Sorry, I'll pass / concede this one.
    Chicken! :p I played him, but just concentrated on fouling.

I played him an actually won. It just shows that Nuffle hates a ridiculously skilled team. You should definitely play him. What's the worst that could happen? (looks at wall of green fists and boots) Actually don't answer that!

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    I'm ChainsawHands, and I disapprove of this message.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    One can't just concede, Nuffle needs his sacrifices!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think he's kidding.

I wasn't aware that there is a rule against conceding a match. Seeing that my decision is so frowned upon I'll explain myself. My team can't outmuscle Grinn's Orcs (Guard across the board), it can't outposition them (Stand Firm on several players), and given that my Sauruses can't dodge (only one has Break Tackle), it can't outrun them (Tackle for the Skinks).

I am not afraid of getting players hurt in large numbers, I've got lots of AV9 and there is no Claw around, I should be able to keep Skinks away from trouble. I just can't see a viable way of scoring.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Edit: (Useless post after squirrelfanatics clarification)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It would be a bit of a shame if we needed to have a rule against conceding a match before it even starts.

I would say that you should play because it's your responsibility to play having signed up for the league. A concession doesn't just affect you, it harms your opponent (who is deprived of the pleasure of playing the game), and your future opponents (who going to get maimed by Grinn and will struggle on anyway. Would you suggest that we all forfeit against him?).

I would say that if you are so concerned about the game you play defensively, try to preserve your players for easier games, and grab a draw if the dice go your way. I would take a bribe in inducements and foul like a bastard to try and get a numbers advantage.

EDIT - Reading this, I come across like a bit of a pompous git. I didn't mean to sound like that, I'm very sorry. I do really think though that you should take your medicine, play the game, and move on. Perhaps drink heavily thoughout? Dunno.
    Last edited by Everblue; 24-10-2012 at 11:35 AM.

I agree with Everblue; well said.

(Except maybe the bit about inducements - I'd go for a wizard first, if you can grab a TD out of that (and you've definitely got the speed to do so) you'll be in with a good chance of at least a draw.)

concession hands the opponent 2 MVPs and a couple of free touchdowns. No conceding - take your licks!