Page 172 of 303 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,440 of 6044
    Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    As long as its after 4pm and doesn't clash with MOTD :)
    Bit late for me on sat. 4.30 sunday?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I wrote a very long post about how unfair it all was, then realised that it could all be summed up in "that's Blood Bowl!" so decided to leave it at that.

I actually enjoyed the game very much, and Screwie to his credit took such childish delight in killing and hurting my players that it was a pleasure to play him.

Wench Bormer (my sure hands guy) got a TD and the MVP and took sure feet, so he's actually a pretty useful ball carrier now. I also sacked an injured player and got a new fling called Mutt Buncher, which cheered me up no end.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Well the injuries didn't really start in earnest until the second half, I felt the first half was kind of dry. I was happy to see it turn around. The match-defining moment was that improbable equaliser in Turn 8, the whole game shifted right there.

Your outbursts of frustration (genuine or joking, I didn't know at the time) were quite amusing so I started to play off it, is all :)

It was great after a couple of dry games to turn round and score not only a victory, but also enough SPPs for four guys to level up. My team's looking a lot stronger now, I finally have some Guard and Tackle in there.

Also I have enough cash for a new minotaur! Maybe I'll hire it before my next match, depending on TV.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    My skaven lined up against Snoozer's Ogres in a game that, despite the wild vagaries of the dice, went pretty much as you'd expect.
    At 1-1 near the start of the second half, on my drive, I had two gutter runners way upfield, marked by ogres. I had a team reroll in my pocket and just needed to make a go for it, a 4+ pass, a relatively easy catch (the gutter runner was marked, but ag5) and a simple dodge.
    I failed the GFI, and just had time to think "that's going to make the pass a lot harder" when I also failed the GFI reroll and the ball carrier fell over. Snoozer KO'd one of my two upfield gutter runners and injured the other.

At 1-1 towards the end of the second half, with three rats left on the field against pretty much the entire ogre team, and with an ogre carrying the ball deep in my half, things looked pretty bleak.
    However, two of the rats were gutter runners - so of course I scored. With a wrestle/strip ball gutter runner, all you need is "not a skull" - I hadn't managed that on two dice against the previous turn, but this time the three dice against turned up push/push/stumble.
    The gutter runners grabbed the ball and ran like hell. With a blodge gutter runner versus a non-tackle player, all you need is "Not a POW". Snoozer failed to POW on three dice, and then on the three followup dice from frenzy. I scored.

Snoozer just had time to make 17 go for its (in the sudden blizzard, which apparently his players were immune to) but couldn't quite get his ballistic snotling to the line for the equaliser.

2-1 to the rat men! Only one MNG and no stat injuries!

It's the closest my Ogremans have come to victory since they played Too Drunk to Show Up.

Very good game with very good luck on my side for most of it. Sadly, it appears one needs a near perfect run of dice to win with Ogres against a competent opponent. But we will fight on, seeking that elusive victory!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I play a very very scary looking ogre side in my Orca Cola Championship division which starts next week. They've been around for a long time and have some nicely developed ogres - they have two ST6 ogres, one of whom has block, and an AG3 ogre with sure hands (but -1MV!).

They win a few games a season and I'll point you to some replays when I have them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indefatigible Snoozer View Post
    It's the closest my Ogremans have come to victory since they played Too Drunk to Show Up.

Very good game with very good luck on my side for most of it. Sadly, it appears one needs a near perfect run of dice to win with Ogres against a competent opponent. But we will fight on, seeking that elusive victory!
    Snoozer played well, and was also treated so kindly by the dice that at one point I accused him of, and I quote, 'CHEATINNNGGGGGGGGGGG'. For instance, from the four attempts by ogres to pick up the ball all game he succeeded at all four, rolling 5s or 6s with nonchalant ease. He also had a quite spectacularly low number of boneheads, although I may have got an exaggerated impression of their scarcity due to my sitting there praying for boneheads every turn.
    After my gutter runner had double-1'd the go for it, leaving all my players snuggled up next to ogres waiting to be punched, and snoozer had removed two of my gutter runners from the pitch with the first moves of his following turn, I had a brief desire to rage quit due to the sheer unfairness of life. I was also quite annoyed at the number of times my two dice against blocks that just needed anything but a skull turned up a skull (three of them out of three), however my luck spun spectacularly the other way when I took the ball with a three-dice-against hit and then proceeded to ride two hits from the ogres without dropping it, so I genuinely can't complain.

He's good with the ogres; something I particularly noticed was his skill at marshalling the snotlings as a sort of ablative shield to stop people getting hits on his ball carriers. I reckon he's due a win, so his next opponent should watch out.

Thou of the hands that rip and tear
    I call thee out to prove thy worth
    Thou of the hands that break asunder
    Let loose thine goats to face mine elves
    Thou of the hands with chains for murder
    We hold the line right on this field

Up for a game over the weekend?

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    So Laneford, when do you want to play? I'm looking forward to getting ~1,200 in inducements ;).

Quote Originally Posted by Corkir View Post
    Bit late for me on sat. 4.30 sunday?
    Sounds good to me

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    So Laneford, when do you want to play? I'm looking forward to getting ~1,200 in inducements ;).
    I am alas still not in a possession of an internet connection capable of downloading the CE patch, so you are going to have to accept a free win on me!

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    I am alas still not in a possession of an internet connection capable of downloading the CE patch, so you are going to have to accept a free win on me!
    Ah, okay, I didn't realise :(. Can someone admin that please?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    Ah, okay, I didn't realise :(. Can someone admin that please?
    He's got till next weekend, we should probably leave it in case BT (or wasn't Pweasel sending some discs?) sort things out before then.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolima View Post
    Thou of the hands that rip and tear
    I call thee out to prove thy worth
    Thou of the hands that break asunder
    Let loose thine goats to face mine elves
    Thou of the hands with chains for murder
    We hold the line right on this field

Up for a game over the weekend?
    Shedding of elf blood
    Nuffle's green field turns to red
    Sunday afternoon?

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    He's got till next weekend, we should probably leave it in case BT (or wasn't Pweasel sending some discs?) sort things out before then.
    Fair enough...

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Shedding of elf blood
    Nuffle's green field turns to red
    Sunday afternoon?
    I'm around on Steam. Write me when you want to start.

Second game week in a row where I faced a blodge/wrodge heavy side without the tools to combat them (no wrestle or tackle after the death of my wrackle pest. Scoreline was a predictable 3-1 to Corkir. Two players levelled and both picked up tackle just in time to face Everblues flings :)

Second game week in a row where I faced a blodge/wrodge heavy side without the tools to combat them (no wrestle or tackle after the death of my wrackle pest. Scoreline was a predictable 3-1 to Corkir. Two players levelled and both picked up tackle just in time to face Everblues flings :)
    You held Corkir to two-up? Impressive ;).

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I suspect I'll be dreaming of a 3-1 scoreline when I face Corkir's team.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hey! No fair!