Page 177 of 303 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,540 of 6044
    Janek - I am available all day Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday morning (I would avoid Monday 6-8pm though as I tend to play squash then)

Saturday should also be possible

Validated my game against Snoozer. Prince Pitupankolilu the Magnificient (player #1, Skink, +2AG) managed to roll another double. Wehee. Now to choose that skill...

Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    BRAIN STAND AND FACE ME

ideally on Sunday around about like 2pm
    I'm all about the standing and facing but can't do it till later in the day, probably about 8pm. Is that any good?

I suppose that shall have to do sir. Do you have me on Steam? If not, add me on steam. LOOK THERE I AM IN MY SIG.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    So, I'm facing off against Snoozer and Zoraster this round. I can do this weekend, afternoons or evenings, or Monday and Thursday during the week (maybe Tuesday as well), again, afternoons and evenings.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well I've just agreed to Thursday for my Divisions game so that is out. Could you do 17:00 on Monday?

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    Well I've just agreed to Thursday for my Divisions game so that is out. Could you do 17:00 on Monday?
    5pm? Doable.

So Sketch7, when would you like to play? Wednesday to Friday around 7.30pm GMT or sometime next weekend when the rugby isn't on would work best for me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Today I learned why Pier's team are called insufferable.
    I had touchdowns stolen from me by an interception and a failed bribe roll ("I'll just do a quick foul here, the only way it'll cause a turnover is if I roll a double and then a 1. Oh, I rolled a double and then a 1").
    I also rolled a 1 on the dodge into a tackle zone with my ag5 big hand gutter runner, for what should have been an easy pickup to get my first touchdown back on track. Pier went into the lead and never really looked back.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Yeah, I don't feel like I outplayed you on any of the TD's, it was just being opportunistic and preying on your bad dice rolls.

I'm thinking about entering a Nurgle team into the Open next season, I know I can only play games in the RPS challenge league up to then but is there anything else I need to do/not do?

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    I'm thinking about entering a Nurgle team into the Open next season, I know I can only play games in the RPS challenge league up to then but is there anything else I need to do/not do?
    Welcome my diseased friend!!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Janek - I am available all day Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday morning (I would avoid Monday 6-8pm though as I tend to play squash then)

Saturday should also be possible
    Monday and Tuesday aren't so great this week, Saturday's likely the best time then. Preferably dodging the rugby.

Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    Monday and Tuesday aren't so great this week, Saturday's likely the best time then. Preferably dodging the rugby.
    Are you ok with fixing the time later in the week? Dodging the rugby is fine by me i'm just not sure how my day is panning out yet.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    That's fine, that's fine.

Brain's Rookie Orcs verus Jim's Marvellous Mathmen, then

My feeling at the start of this game was my guard would be (just) enough to deal with Brain's copious strength, and my bashing and positional skills would help pull it away from him. I set up to receive, foolishly, with a lot of people on the frontline, and he promptly rolled a blitz. Nearly all the team was now enveloped in an orky hug with my guard perilously concentrated in the centre. Picked up the ball easily enough, got it to a cage behind this clash of the titans, and hoped for a gap. One sort-of appeared but I couldn't quite get through it, Brain got the pow he needed on the catcher, and secured the ball. At this point I panicked a bit, and my other catcher just began failing dodge after dodge, meaning I was in worse and worse positions until Brain was right by my touchline, surrounded by orcs. I had one man in range, Dirichlet, who dodged twice, and one-diced the carrier over the line. The ball scattered nicely by the halfway line, and I just had to blitz away the guy covering Ramanujan...okay, bonehead. Dodge Ramanujan away...okay he failed that. 0-0 at half time. He still has a wizard, and he's receiving. Hooboy.

So we absolutely surround him on the restart, there is no escape! There is no es-he just passes it out. And catches it. Hmm. Okay, I have two players in range, catcher assists and blitzer knocks him down, throws the ball off the pitch and back to me. Pick it up! Chuck it! Miss that catch a bit! Do it again! 1-0! Brain storms back down with fury, leaves a space which I'm able to run a blitzer through and a catcher to knock down his thrower. Ball free! Brain pushes the catcher into the ball and it gets scattered for the third time, this time nicely for him. He picks up and heads downfield, bolting my other catcher for good measure. Only a few mathmen in range, but I'm able to get the block on and knock him down again. Next turn, Bollobas picks it up, flings the ball downfield and I run in a second. 2-0, job done, but it was exciting end-to-end stuff.

Next up: Grinn. Oh dear.

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    Not more than the TV limit for new teams which is at 1750. Actually, you don't even need to play all of your games in the challenge league either. The only rule is that you're playing "real" games, where you're both actually playing to win and not just throwing matches to build the team up faster.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    Next up: Grinn. Oh dear.
    According to the in-game calendar, I am playing Grinn next.

Jiiiiim and I were just quick of the bat getting our game played. You've got Grinn this week and he has him next week. Do him a favour and kill a couple of them for him.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Well since I will be rocking Morg, Branchmaim Murderbastard, a wizard and a bribe as inducements (to start with), hopefully I will at least make a dent in him.