Page 2 of 300 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    Ian my dear, when would you like to give me an education into how to correctly play lizzies?
    Ooooh, tomorrow night? 8ish?
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Zoraster: 8 AM on Sunday works well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Ooooh, tomorrow night? 8ish?
    Sorry I should have said in my original post, I probably can't do tommorow. My best days would be Tues or Wed night. I could probably also play on one of either Fri, Sat or Sun if you let me know in advance.
    Last edited by duff; 06-06-2011 at 12:03 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    HughTower, when would you like to play our blood bowl match? I've got my Divisions match on Monday evening but I can do you any other evening this week, or 10pm ish on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    You mean can it give you a choice between KO'd and dead? No, it's foolproof - but it does use up your one and only apoc on a mere KO who might come back on the next drive anyway.
    Yeah, there was a moment though towards the end of my game with Hands where it'd been nice to still have Billy the cage-breaker on the pitch...

Cheers.

HughTower, when would you like to play our blood bowl match? I've got my Divisions match on Monday evening but I can do you any other evening this week, or 10pm ish on Monday.
    Possibly tomorrow late, depending on Tuesday's workload. I'll let you know tomorrow, old chum.

What race are you playing this season, Mr. Indecisive?

Tonight should be fine, I ought to have my 7 o'clock game finished by 9 or so, so unless I hear back from you before then I'll grab a cup of tea or something and then log into the browser about half nine and watch some iplayer on the other screen til I get a challenge :)

Oh, and Orcs.
    My Wood Elves took a nasty beating at the end of the season and weren't in any shape to step up to the mark at the start of this one, plus I fancied something with a bit more heft to it. I had decent lizard and orc teams in the right sort of bracket in the challenge league, and lizards were taken.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 06-06-2011 at 10:08 AM.

Tonight should be fine, I ought to have my 7 o'clock game finished by 9 or so, so unless I hear back from you before then I'll grab a cup of tea or something and then log into the browser about half nine and watch some iplayer on the other screen til I get a challenge :)

Oh, and Orcs.
    My Wood Elves took a nasty beating at the end of the season and weren't in any shape to step up to the mark at the start of this one, plus I fancied something with a bit more heft to it. I had decent lizard and orc teams in the right sort of bracket in the challenge league, and lizards were taken.
    We look forward to running round you later then. I'll try and make it on around 9:15 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    Sorry I should have some in my original post, I probably can't do tommorow. My best days would be Tues or Wed night. I could probably also play on one of either Fri, Sat or Sun if you let me know in advance.
    Okay. Tomorrow night, 8ish? :)
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Is that your answer to everything!? Sounds good though, see you then!

Tomorrow night, 8-... oh, yes! Cool. I shall see you later, then. BRING YOUR WIMPIEST SAURI WITH YOU.

(Please.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    I *think* I've got chainsawhands for my first game. You free tonight, Mr. Hands? Ready to face the wrath of the angry snotling? Watch them tear your beastmen apart! I'll be on my PC from about 8 o'clock PM...
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Not free until Thursday night, would around 8pm on Thursday work?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Quite possibly, I'll have to check with my secretary (wife) to figure out when I'm free, but lets say 8pm on thursday for now. :-).
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Just played Arni' and won 3 - 0. He had rather bad luck with his dodge rolls. I am looking forward to what he writes about the game! It will no doubt be a tragic tale. I might get down my version of the game on Wednesday if I have time.

Thanks Arni' for the game!

Quote Originally Posted by drawlien View Post
    Just played Arni' and won 3 - 0. He had rather bad luck with his dodge rolls.
    He'll be back. Ooffff.

Azlop's Fables

Azlop is an orc blitzer with mighty blow, tackle, and piling on. He's not actually designed to maim gutter runners - he's designed to kill amazons. It just so happens that gutter runners share several key qualities with the amazons- reliant on dodge for safety, low armour, and incredibly satisfying to injure. Azlop only told one story in the first half, but he told it several times. It was called "the story of the rat that got savagely beaten up by orcs".

there were 5 rats and ten orcs on the pitch at the start of turn 3

There were 3 rats 10 orcs on the pitch at the end of turn 6

There were 2 rats and 10 orcs on the pitch halfway through turn 8. Then I ran in my touchdown.

4 of his 5 KO'd players got back up and his other KO'd player got back up at the restart. He'd brought 3 subs, so with 3 in the injury bin...

11 rats lined up against 10 orcs and a goblin at the start of turn 9. This half was a whole different story. This was "the story of what happened when Billy Big Balls woke up and got angry, and President Weasel's dice turned to crap"

It was 9 orcs and a goblin against 11 rats at the end of his turn 10 (oh, and he scored a TD)

Then he got a blitz, so it was STILL his turn 10.
    His monstrous rat ogre badly hurt another blitzer so it was 8 orcs and 2 goblins against 11 rats when turn 10 finally came to an end, and I was out of subs.

He placed a gutter runner directly under the patch of the ball, but failed to catch it. I blitzed his gutter runner (but wrestle saved him), grabbed the ball, elfed it miles across the pitch with my agi 4 thrower to my other thrower, rerolled the catch, and trundled upfield.
    I then forgot I'd used the reroll already this turn, and was horribly surprised when my go for it failed and I couldn't reroll. I had been planning to bash with the rest of the turn, with no "rest" available the rats stayed unbashed, and were able to get a couple of rats into good position over the ball.

At the end of turn 11 it was 7 orcs, 2 goblins against 11 rats (I managed to KO my own thrower trying a dodge in order to get a 2 dice on his gutter runner)

Hughtower dodged a gutter runner away from the goblin guarding him and ran in a second touchdown

He kicked long, and to add insult to injury a rock came sailing out of the crowd and stunned one of my black orcs. I did some inconclusive blocking, and on his first move of the restart hughtower went for it and fell over, and KOd his lineman.

10 against 9

I was running out of time, so I decided to try some of that elfy stuff. I pushed a blitzer up each wing and left my thrower deep in my own half guarded by two goblins.

HT pushed some gutter runners forward. I used my troll to clear a rat from a downed black orc, so I could stand him up and move him to cover a GR- only I didn't, because double skulls, and no rerolls left. My position was hopeless. The two "receiver" blitzers were double marked, my line was lying on the ground, and rats were converging on my thrower from all angles.

He shunted a blitzer off the pitch, 10 against 7

In the very last turn, far too late to make a difference, my troll KO'd Billy Big Balls and a black orc KO'd a linerat, so it finished, deceptively, 8 against 7. It was mathematically possible for me to score - pickup with the goblin, make 2 go for its to get within 4+ pass range (stunty), make a 6+ catch with the orc marked by two rats, make a dodge into two tackle zones and another dodge out, and a go for it to reach the line. I failed the pickup.

Final score 2-1 to Hughtower, and about 3 casualties each. His deader apoced to "get back onto the pitch, you big wuss", while mine apoced to MNG and lose a movement.

It really was a game of two halves, and Nuffle treated me like a long lost brother in the first half, and a long lost brother he just remembered he really hated in the second. All those KO'd rats getting back up really broke my heart, especially as I was the one with the bloodweiser babe, and all credit to Hughtower as soon as he got a numerical advantage he used it really well. Getting a blitz right after his first touchdown was a nasty piece of luck for me too.
    Billy Big Balls is ridiculously scary; every time he blitzed my heart was in my mouth. You do get the feeling he's going to be target number one for getting knocked down and savagely fouled though, and with AV8 his days of being a nappy wearing assassin are surely numbered...

Despite Billy's loving attentions, I made it out of the game with my team almost intact - one level 3 black orc got apoced from Dead to -1MV, but since he is a block and guard line-monster that's not going to affect his usefulness too much. I'm still enjoying the orcs!

(I am ashamed to say I done a swear when HT got that blitz. Sorry HT)
    Last edited by President Weasel; 07-06-2011 at 12:18 AM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by drawlien View Post
    Just played Arni' and won 3 - 0. He had rather bad luck with his dodge rolls. I am looking forward to what he writes about the game! It will no doubt be a tragic tale. I might get down my version of the game on Wednesday if I have time.

Thanks Arni' for the game!
    Erf, probably not gonna have time to do a write up this week madness ensues with work and various out of hours activities!

Suffice to say my mighty blow wardancer died and one of my line elves now uses a wooden leg.

and my team vale has now plumeted to 1140 :D so chaos next at 1800, oh joy of joys ! lol

Cheers for the match drawlien. again sorry the elves played so poorly :P Did you fire your blitzer ?

I am really happy I am playing orcs this season. Sorry for your loss, Arni.

And 660 inducements should allow you to get Morg for your game against chaos, unless the game inflates your TV again by giving you subs - you've lost one dead and one MNG, so how many players will be out of hospital for hte next game?

Network Hub
    I am really happy I am playing orcs this season. Sorry for your loss, Arni.

And 660 inducements should allow you to get Morg for your game against chaos, unless the game inflates your TV again by giving you subs - you've lost one dead and one MNG, so how many players will be out of hospital for hte next game?
    It's not so bad i've basically got 2 mercs playing for me, but pretty much everyone else on the team is still rank 1 :P so i can see this being a slaughter :P at least my initial line will be full of disposables :Dill still have around 500k to play with, but going off my rolling skills in recent games, i can see myself spending that on re rolls :D