Page 202 of 302 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,040 of 6021
    I've seen Neckbreakah push back a rat ogre with stand firm, so juggs works properly under some circumstances at least.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I have seen juggernaught working fine against stand firm recently - I think it was in my halfling match against Weasel on Tuesday, also in the Open.

Yes, on reflection that was it - his rat ogre has juggs, and it was knocking back my treemen quite nicely.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    My rat ogre definitely had JUGGANAUTS but I am not sure if I ever pushed back a tree with stand firm. Doesn't only one of your trees have the skill? I used Juggernaut a lot, but mostly to turn both down/both down/skull into push, frenzy followup, pow, injured halfling, laughter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    They both have it, Weasel. All trees start with SF.

You definitely used juggernaught to push my jump up tree back in the first half. It only works with blitzes of course, so when the ROgre blocked then Stand firm came out ahead.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Was that game played with the new patch? If so it looks like it was either one of those obscure issues caused by an unusual concatenation of circumstances or the old Cyanide interface issues.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Hmm, were both players using BBCE? OR was one or both on BBLE? Might be a version specific problem or a mismatch between the two (I only as as I seem to recall there was a Jugger-related difference between them when CE launched, which caused issues).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    Was that game played with the new patch? If so it looks like it was either one of those obscure issues caused by an unusual concatenation of circumstances or the old Cyanide interface issues.
    It was Tuesday at about 11pm. Not sure when the patch came out...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    It might have been only one blitz that was affected, on the second blitz with my juggernaut player I choose the orange cross for juggernaut which I thought meant that it should ask to use juggernaut, but which zoraster informed me, meant I shut the skill off for the next action.

The first blitz was something like this, IIRC where X is dwarf blockers with stand firm, C is the ball carrier, and B is my jugg-elf. The plan was to push the carrier out of the cage so I could mark him with someone. I choose defender stumbles on the dice and knocked the stand firm dwarf down where he stood. I believe the carrier was a runner without stand firm, but I could be mistaken and the ball was picked up by someone else by this point.

_XC
    _XX
    B

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    So, the Greenskins played Dodge'n'Dance. The 2-0 scoreline (to Corkir, ne pas), didn't really reflect the real closeness of the match. The gobbos were within easy scoring distance at least twice, with one failing when a throw to do diving catch player ended just over the touchline - the one place he couldn't diving catch it. All three of the gobbo's bribes failed in a row, trying to keep the chainsaw on the pitch, but that was somewhat ameliorated by a successful BH foul against a wardancer, with no sending off, and a banzai goblin KOing a wardancer that he wasn't even aiming it (although she didn't stay off for long).

Anyway, well played Corkir, in a match that ensures her victory in the league. No skill-ups for the goblins, but no injuries either, so it's all good.

Network Hub
    Almost there after a 2-0 win over the goblins takes dance to the 50 point barrier and an unbeatable total when you add the bye week point still to come. Only mrpier, chainsawhands and the winner of jiiiiim and janeks game can go level with me now. The fat lady is preparing her entrance but should the rats beat me next week my final game is against jiiiim so not quite all over yet. A draw between the two js would go down very nicely :)

They won't. They're no good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Corkir View Post
    The fat lady is preparing her entrance
    Lovely image Corkir. Thanks.

Horrible dictator that I am, I'm extending the deadline of this round by a day to Sunday next week so I can get my match in against Laneford. (He's away on vacation until then.)

Hey squirrelf, I'll be about today and tomorrow for your match. Just give me a nudge on Steam.

Poop, I got the missing player bug for the first time in months, and it crashed my client too. Squirrelf and I had just played the first half, his lizards scored early but I managed to equalise in Turn 7, and all but 1 of squirrel's skinks were BH... it was looking to be a good second half for me :(

The result didn't take, so no reset necessary. Squirrel and I agreed to try again later today or tomorrow.
    Last edited by Screwie; 18-02-2013 at 11:10 AM.

Hexoatl Golden Geckos (Liz, squirrelfanatic) vs Sinister Sixteen (Cha, me)

Full-time score: 2-1 to the Golden Geckos.

Blargh, couldn't entirely repeat on my earlier attempt. I failed to equalise in the first half (only an easy dodge - with Dodge - and a GFI on Turn 8 away), and then failed to equalise at the end of the second half too.

I shouldn't have conceded that second goal so easily - the ball carrier was well shielded but my Block/Tackler took a BD to nail the skink in front of him instead of pushing him and following up to the ball-carrying skink behind him.

My final drive was ground to a halt and my ball carrier shoved off the pitch, but I almost scored anyway - when a beastman retrieved the ball and threw an accurate long bomb to an unmarked warrior who stormed forward alone... He couldn't escape blitzing range so it really was the most desperate of manoeuvres, but it was fun to watch :)

At least one of my warriors levelled, and I did give a saurus a -AV. One of my Mighty Blow players took a MNG, which isn't so bad as another of my MB players is coming back from a MNG for my next match.

We also chatted on mumble while we played, which was a refreshing change (although there were long periods of strategic silence too, haha).
    Last edited by Screwie; 18-02-2013 at 11:09 AM.

I should do mumblechats more often.

Thanks for the match report Screwie. The second attempt at the game indeed went much better for me, although the -AV on one of my Mighty Blow Sauri hurts. It would have been convenient to have him around for my next matchup against the bloody Woodelves. The 3D-against push that I needed to get your ballcarrier (it was a Chaos Warrior I believe) off the pitch was a pretty big thing for me. 3x Defender Stumbles, no thanks, I don't need to re-roll that one. :)

And once again, Superskink lives to fight another day. The little guy gets a Badly Hurt nearly every game, which is indicative of the desperate struggle that is my positional play (and the size of the reticule an AG5 Block Skink has to live with on his head).

Speaking to you on Mumble during the game was a nice change to the silent suffering I usually have to sit through. Who would have thought that adding another channel of communication to the PC adoption of a tabletop game could be a good thing. >_>

Oh yes, I'd forgotten about your -3d block that somehow worked while all my +3d blocks in both games failed to produce a single knockdown even with rerolls :P

But then I made that long bomb completion, wihich made me feel better :)

The second best thing about using Mumble definitely is the possibility to taunt your opponent more effectively into trying crazy actions with low chances of success. The best thing is the laughter when these actions actually succeed. :) "Come on, you got to try that pass..."