Page 209 of 303 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,180 of 6044
    Played Cyberpunkdreams/Xenny tonight, his Goblins vs. my Lizards. Just before the match I pondered about whether to take Guard or Stand Firm on my Blodge Saurus and finally decided to take SF. This proved to have been the correct choice, as that skill turned my Saurus into a LoS-hugging wall of meat that at one point held off two Trolls and a Lunatic.

Through a combination of lucky dice and superior Strength throughout the team I was able to deconstruct most of the Goblins' forces. The first TD took place in the 7th turn, at this point about 4 or 5 Goblins were already lying in the injury box. This in turn forced Cyber to field all of his remaining Secret Weapons in the last two turns of the first half, allowing me to go into the halftime a bit more relaxed. However, a nicely thrown Greenskin still managed to score beforehand. 1-1 after the first half.

The second half continued to be painful for the little green guys. Lots of Push rolls for Cyber and even more injuries and KOs caused by my Sauri, another TD for each team. The situation escalated a bit and on the final kick-off, only the two Trolls and two brave Goblins were able to come back on the pitch. I must confess that I took things a bit far with a turn 15 foul against a Troll, who was then sent off with a KO.

Finally, this is how turn 16 looked like:

Clipboard01.jpg

3-2 for The Hexoatl Golden Geckos. Many thanks for the game and the outstanding sportsmanship, Cyberpunkdreams. A lesser coach would have left the game.
    Last edited by Squiz; 09-03-2013 at 07:39 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Now that's a foul that Heliocentric would be proud of.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    3-2 for The Hexoatl Golden Geckos. Many thanks for the game and the outstanding sportsmanship, Cyberpunkdreams. A lesser coach would have left the game.
    Thanks... it was a bit crazy, especially with being down to just one player on the last turn. I forgot to buy an extra bench goblin before the start (which wouldn't have affected inducements either way), which was frustrating, and then completely failed almost all block, KO and armour rolls, which was also frustrating. However, I did have some luck where it was needed: two out of two successful TTM one turn touchdowns, no permanent injuries, and I did get the ball off Squirrel three times in his first drive, although he managed to get it back easily each time. Well played, and a fun game despite the bad luck!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Cyberpunkdreams: classy guy.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Cyberpunkdreams: classy guy.
    Well, I must admit I was full on moany in my previous Open game against Squirrel, with my Woodies, but that was because I took a death and a whole load of permanent injuries to add to all those I already had.

Network Hub
    Jim i will be off the grid virtually all this week. If you can do anything on friday or the weekend let me know and i shall try and make it.

both of those should be fine to be honest, I'm generally around all weekend and Friday after maybe 6pm.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Janek's necro beat me 2-1. Thought I had a shot for a while when Morg nearly scored a breakaway in the first half, but he got hauled down just short of the line and some elfball from the AG4 wolf meant that I needed a 1-turner to go in level at half time. In the second half I got prised away from my trees, and a badly timed take root meant that my drive crumbled. Well played Janek.

Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    You and me then Brain - let me know when's good for you. Just about any time (except Monday during the day and Tuesday evening) should be fine.
    How about Wednesday evening then, about 7pm?

Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    How about Wednesday evening then, about 7pm?
    It's a date. I shall make a note in my diary.

Actually, the screenshots shows the situation after the foul had taken place and the first Troll was already off the pitch.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    MrPier! I think we are up... a battle of the bastard elves...

When's good for you sir?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Going away today, so not until next tuesday I'm afraid.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    @Jolima, you may well find me around on Steam tonight for a game - or failing that, Friday night or Sunday afternoon.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    squirrelfanatic now has 4 entitlement coupons to be exchanged for mercy*.

*Accepted by all good care bears.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Appreciated Helio, but I'd take the game winning TD any day over a T16 foul, no matter how juicy it may look.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    @Jolima, you may well find me around on Steam tonight for a game - or failing that, Friday night or Sunday afternoon.
    Seems I failed to do so despite keeping an eye on Steam, and it's starting to get too late for a start now. Friday should be fine though, let's say 7pm GMT?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Sorry mate, I only just got back in from work. No worries, Friday is fine and I should be able to get away earlier then.

Odin's Longboatsmen 1 - Hippocratic Oafs 2

The Norse. They did the cannon bit, BHing an Orc off the pitch with the first blocks of the game. Then they did the glass bit. A lot.

S'melli the Y'heti was the first to go down, getting BH off the pitch at the end of my opening drive. The majority of my team followed suite, breaking all over the pitch, and with my can opener gone, the Orcs refused to break back.

Midway through the second half and I was down to two players on the pitch. Snardic the Drunken Lineman and Grimfinir the Runner - Grim was recovering his senses after being laid out by an Oaf not moments before. Both had been pummelled by many Orcish fists. Both would stand for it no more. With the ball wrapped up in the badly-kept hands of Brain's Thrower, standing smugly in the shadow of a hulking Black Orc, it was time for Snardic's moment of glory.

Snardic vaulted to his feet, lurched drunkenly away from his marker, swerved around a number of baffled Orcs, punched the thrower square in the face, and caught the ball as it bounced off the recumbent Orc's chest. The Black Orc took a swipe at him but Snardic weaved away from him as well and out into the open ground.

The Orc pack turned as one man and chased him down. But Snardic would not be denied. He lurched, weaved and danced his way back up the field, across the line of scrimmage and on towards the endzone (I have never seen a lino get away with so many dodge rolls), shrugging off blitz after blitz. For a glorious moment it looked like Snardic might pull off a fabulous solo effort touchdown but the last blitz had left him pinned against the sideline. With a wall of Orcs lined up between him and the endzone, he finally fell over his own feet and pitched the ball into the crowd.

Who threw it back into the middle of the Norse half.

Grim had his own moment in the sun, shrugging off three different blocks as Brain made a valiant effort to defend his ball carrier, but it was not to be. He also ate the turf and Brain strolled over for the winning touchdown.

6 injuries, 5 KOs, innumerable stuns ... Brain's injury dice were on fire. The match is in BBM if people want to look. As far as the overall luck is concerned, we were actually pretty similar in terms of numbers, but with only two players left on the pitch there was no feasible way of preventing that second TD. Although, having said that, I almost did.

Cheers for the game Brain. And only one more round before the Open is concluded.
    Last edited by sketchseven; 13-03-2013 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Tone and excitement.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Don't worry - it's the halflings next.