Page 210 of 303 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,200 of 6044
    Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Snardic and Grim did me proud after all their teammates got laid out - even inducing Brain to shout FALL OVER at Grim after he shrugged off the third two dice block.

Snardic getting a two-dice-against block off to fell the ball carrier, grab the bouncing ball, and then hare off down the pitch was just awesome. He managed two or three turns on his feet before the Orcs pinned him against the sidelines (in retrospect, I should've just ended my turn rather than dodge away and let Brain push him off the pitch - would've took me down to one player on the pitch, but would've burned a turn).

I was hitting Grim with tackle, MB players too but wouldn't roll anything but pushes. Those two guys should have earned some SPP for pure tenacity.

Edit: I also took a screen grab of the injury box which happens to capture my exasperated outburst too

BloodBowlChaos_2013-03-13_20-18-49_001.jpg
    Last edited by The Brain; 14-03-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Two MNG, four badly hurt, five KO at one point (two waking up for the last turn of the last half, which is when that screenshot was taken). That's how badly my team broke.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    'Hands, are you able tp play over the weekend?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Yeah, I should still be fine early afternoon either day I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Yeah, I should still be fine early afternoon either day I think.
    Rock'n'roll... either's fine with me at the moment.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Since this game was finally on sale me and my friend where able to pick it up. I look forward to joining you all in some league at some point!
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    Two MNG, four badly hurt, five KO at one point (two waking up for the last turn of the last half, which is when that screenshot was taken). That's how badly my team broke.
    So...

No permanent damage, you say?

I'll be a couple of men short thanks to the MNGs - but the majority of my team will be quite prepared to break some 'flings ;)

Network Hub
    Hiya jim. Been a nightmare move but at least the internet is working. In the evening tomorrow or sunday for the dance swansong? 7pm would be my preferred time.

Network Hub
    Snoozer I'm here and the new connection is up and seems in good working order so Sunday morning should present no problems.

EDIT: Grrr, someone has been using my PC. Fair enough it is the only machine set up so far but now I've got to try and remember my bloody password.
    Last edited by Corkir; 15-03-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Saturday at 7pm shall we say.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Jolima, I am around if you wish to game on.

Zoraster - Apoplogies old chum. Work is killing me, and it leaves no time for BB this weekend. Had to cancel both my Open and DoD games. I sadly forfeit, with apologies.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Sinister Sixteen (Cha, me) vs Elves of the Line (Elf, Jolima)

This was a much better match than I hoped, and both sides had some critical strokes of luck.

It started with my side receiving - the kick went deep, way deep, and my men caged around the ball only a few squares from my own end zone, before retrieving it. It was still on the edge of the range of Jolima's crazy catchers though, and they ran in to try and steal. They couldn't pull it off so on my following turn I brought the rest of my team back there to block and stomp on his stranded catchers. The ball didn't move far from that point, but I held onto it and threw blocks and fouls at any elf who cam close enough (sometimes several times a turn, damn Side Steppers). Mixed success.

Time ticked down and I had along way to run, so I tried to dodge my beastman ball carrier (who had Dodge, so it wasn't a totally silly move) away from the scrum - he slipped and the ball was loose. Jolima scooped it up and scored with relative ease, despite myself marking up all his elves.

I set up to receive again with 2 turns left. I had no problems bringing the ball into the semi-cage I'd built on the LoS and punched a hole on the centre , through which I sent a lone rookie beastman... just in case. Jolima saw an opening to scoot his catchers round the back of the cage and organise a blitz on my carrier, but snake-eyed a dodge before he could connect. I removed the markers from my carrier, and he chucked the ball to the rookie. A pass, a catcher (rerolled) and 2 GFIs later, I managed to equalise before half time.

Half-Time Score: 1 - 1

The second half began with an incredible amount of luck on my part. My nasties occupied the centre 3 squares of the LoS so Jolima's elves held the squares they didn't cover. But then, not only did I roll a Blitz!, but the ball scattered close to my lines in an unprotected spot. By the end of the special action my players were covering 8 of the 9 squares under the kick, utterly unmarked, and one of Jolima's killer catchers was BH.

Despite some clever pushing and tackles on Jolima's part, the ball always bounced my way and I took my sweet time moving towards the goal line. Soon enough my carrier parked up adjacent to the line, in a secure little pocket flanked by ST 4 warriors and a beastman with Stand Firm. It looked like I'd somehow pulled out a certain victory. Jolima had little option but to try a desperation blitz - a lone, prone catcher, pinned against the sideline by another warrior and beastman, stood up, dodged FOUR times without a TRR (and through Tackler TZs too) and blitz a 2D against block on my ball carrier. I chose Push Back and the catcher nudged him across the line - giving me the lead but also two turns for him to equalise.

Jolima's extraordinary luck held for my next kick - the ball scattered directly onto his catcher on the wings! The elves pushed aside my resistance and the catcher ball carrier was just a hair away from my end zone, with several elves between him and my defenders. The result was inevitable.

Final Score: 2 - 2

This was a really fun match. I was expecting Jolima's elves to run away with the scoreline but I managed to slow the first half right down. And I love Grab more than ever. I love Stand Firm now, too.

Special mention for the most abysmal foul dice rolls I had this game. I only got caught once (and bribed it away), but several times I rolled a 3 or a 4 when the number of assists I had required a 4 or a 5. It was quite improbable and Jolima commented that he was pretty lucky he got away with only 3 BHs and nothing worse.

Good match! :)

Alright am online Corkir, challenge when ready.

Lacrymata Angels vs The Horny Goats

A tense and exciting match; I actually felt pretty drained afterwards! I was expecting to get completely pasted by one of the most developed teams in the league, especially after my utter mauling at the hands of the Golden Geckos created a 1,000 TV difference between the two teams (both wardancers and another skilled player on MNG, one catcher dead and no cash for replacements). All that block and tackle was bound to cause problems, but in the end it was the two +str beastmen and a lot of stand firm that probably caused me the most grief.

'Hands was clearly planning a 2-1 grind, and he very nearly got his way - I guess he predicted that the only spanner in his works would be my 1TTD ability. I made an almost infinite number of positioning mistakes, however, especially with set-ups and screwed my own chances of a one turner. I did, however, manage a defensive TD and forced 'Hands to score in his turn 15, leaving it at 2-2 and giving me two turns to attempt score the winner. Attempt I did, but succeed I did not: everything was in position, but 'Hands response was to build a wall in front of my catcher that there was simply no way around. I worked out that chipping two beastmen off the end would let me past, but I had to be careful not to leave my own players in the way. This was the final positioning mistake that I failed to worm my way out of, leaving me one space from the endzone and the score at 2-2.

Overall, I was pretty happy with how things turned out, considering what I was expecting. Finally levelling my tree, who had been stuck on 29SPP for who knows how long, was a big plus, along with some decent winnings and no permanent injuries. 'Hands played solidly throughout, whereas I think my form was variable to say the least. In the end, I didn't use the extra apoth I hired, but having him there gave my the leeway to heal a BH on a lineman when my number were getting thin, so that was play. neither of my star players did much (Jordell Fancypants even getting himself killed), and in retrospect Morg would have been a much better investment, to help counter 'Hands massive strength advantage.

Anyway, well played and thanks for the game!

Only Laneford vs mrpier remaining as the clock ticks out. I just noticed that mrpier was going away until Tuesday, which is after the deadline, but if it gets the game played I'm happy to wait. Laneford can you play on Tuesday as well?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I can indeed play on Tuesday if you are back and available monsieur pier.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Oh, yeah, should be able to play tomorrow.