Page 211 of 303 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,220 of 6044
  1. #4201
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,614
    Woo! Week The Last starts on Wednesday, and then I can finally euthanise the Mice and start playing the Chaos Dorfs.

    The results of my "people should stop whining about not having time to develop a team and just submit a fresh* one" experiment:

    Yes, it's possible. However, it's also pretty challenging. Also, skaven were probably a poor choice.

    (*well, three games old)

  2. #4202
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Swansea
    Posts
    3,102
    Unless the Hipprocratic Oafs beat the life out of them in my final match, I will be sticking with my Chaos chappies for another season at least. After some early setbacks, they're finally maturing a bit into a fun and semi-capable team.

    Around the start of the next season I'll probably also commence a new campaign for a minotaur with a double. Yes, yes I know. No, no you can't change my mind. :P
    Last edited by Screwie; 19-03-2013 at 11:27 AM.

  3. #4203
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    4,189
    Do you guys ever start a new league with new teams or just go with on going ones? I'd love to join a league with RPS folk, just wondering as I don't have a digital version of my skaven team who sit in a box in a drawer now.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

    Steam ID

  4. #4204
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,614
    This is an ongoing league and I don't think there are plans to reboot it. It's possible to get a team up to speed playing competitive games in the RPS Challenge League or FOL or Naggaroth, but I'd actually recommend the RPS Divisions of Death to start with.
    You need a brand new team to join that league, and it will be put into a league with similar teams rather than thrown in the deep end. Also the seasons are shorter, so it's less of a commitment than a season of the Open which would last 4-6 months; people dropping out of the Open after three matches is properly irksome.

  5. #4205
    Network Hub Axler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Unless the Hipprocratic Oafs beat the life out of them in my final match, I will be sticking with my Chaos chappies for another season at least. After some early setbacks, they're finally maturing a bit into a fun and semi-capable team.

    Around the start of the next season I'll probably also commence a new campaign for a minotaur with a double. Yes, yes I know. No, no you can't change my mind. :P
    Good luck on that I just sacked my MM Chaos teams Mino after 7 games when he achieved absolutely nothing (not even a KO) thing is I already miss the big idiot. He used to stand there just mooing at people while the rest of team played on around him kind of like a big hairy cheerleader ah happy days. :)

  6. #4206
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    4,189
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    This is an ongoing league and I don't think there are plans to reboot it. It's possible to get a team up to speed playing competitive games in the RPS Challenge League or FOL or Naggaroth, but I'd actually recommend the RPS Divisions of Death to start with.
    You need a brand new team to join that league, and it will be put into a league with similar teams rather than thrown in the deep end. Also the seasons are shorter, so it's less of a commitment than a season of the Open which would last 4-6 months; people dropping out of the Open after three matches is properly irksome.
    Thanks, that's just the sort of info I was looking for.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

    Steam ID

  7. #4207
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,205
    Even with mrpiers determined efforts to destroy my team they will be returning, iv got 3 ag4 skinks now!

  8. #4208
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Swansea
    Posts
    3,102
    Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Even with mrpiers determined efforts to destroy my team they will be returning, iv got 3 ag4 skinks now!
    Wait... the elves are the ones trying to beat you up?

    ---

    Incidentally, the next Stunty league will be starting very soon and applications are open. Enquire here if you're interested.

    Thus ends the self-serving promotional portion of this post.

  9. #4209
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,205
    Dont start on me screwie, i still have night terrors

  10. #4210
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England and Nowhere
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Oh, yeah, should be able to play tomorrow.
    I'm back from work now sir, so just bug me on steam whenever.

  11. #4211
    Network Hub The Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    The results of my "people should stop whining about not having time to develop a team and just submit a fresh* one" experiment:

    Yes, it's possible. However, it's also pretty challenging. Also, skaven were probably a poor choice.
    (*well, three games old)
    It's definitely possible. The Oafs were fresh as a daisy at the start of the season and now I've got 3 guard, block BoBs, 2 MB, tackle blitzers, a +ST, blodge blitzer and some other randomn skilled players. It helps that my only major injuries have been my first thrower and a troll so far though. AV9 is definitely easier than Skaven paper armour.

    That's why it really sucks that I will have to drop out of the Open next season just when the Oafs were getting where I wanted them. I just don't have time for the Open and DoD so have decided to stick with the DoD for my blood bowl fix.

  12. #4212
    Lesser Hivemind Node Jolima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    543
    And so, the final week of season 8 begins!

    Make sure you've put your plans for next season on the sheet so we can get it started without unnecessary problems.

  13. #4213
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,426
    Sketch - I'll try to catch you on steam. Tonight or tomorrow might be ok for a late-doors game, or we could try next week.

  14. #4214
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,262
    I think I'll reboot to norse, if there's an open spot that is, I can see that it might not be. If not then I'll probably just keep Insufferable in and see if I can get them another shot at the title.

    Drawlien - When do you want to play and all that?

  15. #4215
    Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    886
    So, it's Jolima and 20phoenix for me this round. When do you want to rumble?

  16. #4216
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Squiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Arcadia
    Posts
    4,228
    Hey PresidentWeasel, I could play you any day after Wednesday. When is it good for you?

  17. #4217
    Lesser Hivemind Node 20phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    So, it's Jolima and 20phoenix for me this round. When do you want to rumble?
    Wednesday 7pm-8pm start
    Thursday after 8pm

    Saturday after 10am (not 6-8pm)
    Sunday anytime before 9:30pm
    Monday after 8:30pm

  18. #4218
    Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    886
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Wednesday 7pm-8pm start
    Thursday after 8pm

    Saturday after 10am (not 6-8pm)
    Sunday anytime before 9:30pm
    Monday after 8:30pm
    The weekend should be good, slight preference for Sunday afternoon.

  19. #4219
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Swansea
    Posts
    3,102
    Alrighty Brain, looks like I have to weather your Oafs this time around.

    As luck would have it I'm free tomorrow night for a match, or failing that Friday night or the weekend are also free.

  20. #4220
    Network Hub The Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    278
    Wednesday night it is. 8pm Good for you?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •