Page 214 of 302 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,280 of 6024
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Nice team. I have a fairly generic Norse team with just a couple of skills (mighty blow on the zerkers). I'd quite like to get a bit of guard before we start.

Just dropping in to say that my entry on the spreadsheet still reflects my desire to play in the RPS open, however I'll be away for about a week from now so I'm just just getting my boot in the door.

As for team choice I have skaven and norse teams ready to play, I'm happy to use either, so if we run out of slots for one, no worries, I'll take the other.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sketch - we were supposed to play at 9 tonight I think? I'll be around for about the next 10 mins, otherwise it will need to be after 11pm.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    3 Feet High and Rising end a mostly positive season by getting a 1-0 general bitch slapping about the pitch from Zorasters Dwarves. Helpfully for me one of the elves died to a brutal gang foul, aiding my attempt to cut down on my monstrous tv. (2390 before the game) UNHELPFULLY it was a healthy 2 skill catcher, not one of the niggled to fuckery level 6 monsters. (The ST4 AG4 MA10 AV6 catcher still lives).

I'm quite tempted to give them a rest next season, although it will be entertaining to see if I can get that TV over the 2400 level. Also I'd like to give Vast Aire a pop at getting to 176spp... (he's currently on 150)

Otherwise I fancy trying Rats, or something with a bit more bash/run game like Undead or Necro (probably undead seeing as no-one has them) but I'm not sure I've the time to get them levelled up before the next season.

Decisions decisions.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hi Sketch

I'm stuck at work. May not make 8.30pm. I'll try and sort out the kids a bit earlier tonight and maybe we could play at 10.30pm?

Really sorry about this, having a bit of a 'mare.

Adam

I'm having a heated debate with myself - do I keep the Nurgle going for another season or take one of the many vamp teams I have into the Open - only thing putting me off is they're mostly around the 1400 mark

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    I'm having a heated debate with myself - do I keep the Nurgle going for another season or take one of the many vamp teams I have into the Open - only thing putting me off is they're mostly around the 1400 mark
    Bring in the vamps. Those nurglers are unpleasant!

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    No worries mate I can play any time this evening - buzz me on RPS with a direct message when you're good to go. Late is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Don't be one of those people. ;) Try playing a lesser developed team in the Open. It's not always fun, but you'll become a better player for trying, or something.

Honestly I think it depends on the team. Some play excellently with inducements (stunties), others start out strong anyway with solid rookies to replace skilled casualties (elfs, norse, 'zons). Some teams need a good head of steam before they really start to roll though - rookie chaos, nurgle or vampire is just nasty to deal with. A great coach can make anything work, but I know I'm not good enough to really prosper with teams like that to begin with.

In this particular case I'm pretty sure I've played those 1400TV vamps with the 1750TV nurgle I'm hoping to bring in. I think they'll be fine >.>

Everblue and I were supposed to play our game tonight, and indeed both of us showed up to play - but after my third player got killed I decided I'd had enough. Please could a kindly admin (or whoever needs to sort these things) please put in a 2 - 0 victory for Everblue as if I wasn't able to make the match.

I don't like rage quitting but I'm done with Blood Bowl.

Edit: I've updated the BB spreadsheet with the relevant information.
    Last edited by sketchseven; 26-03-2013 at 11:40 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    I don't like rage quitting but I'm done with Blood Bowl.
    I'm sorry to see you go, but I understand your reasons. Just hit me up on Steam if you ever fancy some MP or something different, or just chat!

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    I'm sorry to see you go, but I understand your reasons. Just hit me up on Steam if you ever fancy some MP or something different, or just chat!
    I'll be around on Steam for sure, and I apologise to Everblue for quitting out on him, but given that he was also done with that team at the end of the season it would've simply been a waste of both his and my time to finish out that game, and for me nothing but irritation piled on irritation.

Maybe I'm just not philosophical enough for Blood Bowl, but after my Kick lino got killed, my MB berserker got -1ST apoc'd to dead and my +ST +MA Runner also got killed, I'd just had enough.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    And a TD for Bat Fastard takes him to 16 SPP! Exciting times for the soon-to-be-retired team captain...

I'm thinking of dropping the Panthers for a fresh Underworld team. Not sure if this is a particularly good idea at the moment as it certainly won't reduce the casualty rate, but I feel like I need a change of some kind! Whatever team I do go with will be completely new though as I don't think I'll have much time for non-league matches before we get started again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    And so the end of the line for my great halfling experiment. My dreams of being mid-table have evaporated in learning:

1) That I wasn't as good at BB as I thought I was.

2) That AV6 and stunty is an absolute bastard.

I think if you strip out the adminned results my record was 2-2-14, which is quite a lot less than the average winrate of 33% that flings are supposed to be able to achieve. I was very close to getting better results a couple of times, but I also took a few savage beatings along the way.

I actually have quite a decent team now. I have two really really good trees (block/break tackle/grab and grab/jump up) and an AG4/sure feet bloke to make TTM touchdowns more likely. I had three diving tackle flings at one point, but Screwie accounted for all three of them in one match, the git.

I'm flipflopping about what team to bring in next year. I have previously said norse, but sketch's experience last night has put me off them again (three dead and two other casualties in seven turns). I have promising Zons and Necro teams, as well as a good undead team with three weeks to go in the OCC league that it's in. The TV of that one might end up being a little high though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    I had three diving tackle flings at one point, but Screwie accounted for all three of them in one match, the git.
    :D

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    I'm flipflopping about what team to bring in next year. I have previously said norse, but sketch's experience last night has put me off them again (three dead and two other casualties in seven turns). I have promising Zons and Necro teams, as well as a good undead team with three weeks to go in the OCC league that it's in. The TV of that one might end up being a little high though.
    If casualties get me down, I tend to switch either to a robust bashy team, or a team where everybody's fodder and injruies don't really matter. Since you're already using the latter, I'd recommend the former - in other words avoid those amazons and norse for the time being...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    It's probably a bit of a long shot, but with all the dropping out and rebooting... I don't suppose there's any interest in a complete TV1000 restart next season?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I would be up for that, for what it's worth.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Not in the least bit interested, myself. My Chaos chaps are finally warming up.

Also bear in mind several of the rebooters already have in mind specific, experienced teams they've been working on to bring in. A 1000TV season may not suit them either.
    Last edited by Screwie; 27-03-2013 at 10:51 AM.