Page 222 of 303 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,440 of 6044
    Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by drawlien View Post
    I can't quite do that early. How about 19:30 BST?
    Sounds like a plan.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Cool bananas, half ten on Sunday morning it is. Sorry to have messed you about this evening.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    You will be sorry!!

It's cool, no worries.

*edit* Forgot to mention the best bit - as the teams lined up the crowd made their feelings abundantly clear by immediately hurling a rock at one Margaret Thatcher */edit*

As I rather thought it might my match against Zoraster was more of an education than a competitive event. Over the course of the first half I made 3 rather silly mistakes (leaving the carrier open for a blitz after a few blocks and miscounting the turns), each of which were suitably punished by Zoraster leaving it 1-0 to him at half time, with him receiving for the second.

I got more of my game together in the second half, though starting out a player down against the rats was quite a problem (my armour rolls were utterly anemic all match, 96 block dice lead to just 26 armour rolls of which but a single one resulted in an injury). With Zoraster happy to play for time and me being unable to press too hard it ultimately stalled out, making it 1-0 at full time.

No serious injuries, though a 'gor managed to pick up a MNG on a re-rolled dodge (just after a rat had done exactly the same thing). I can't really complain about the dice - while the injury rolls were bad most other things worked better than I had a right to expect. The rats got away with a lot of Ag3 dodges but failed a surprising number of Ag2 dodges with rerolls, though nothing especially game-defining. Ultimately it came down to the coaching, and the better coach won. I feel confident in the defensive play with this side, but attack is still very much a work in progress.

I also emptied my treasury of all my pre-match winnings, working out what could be spent on which things was too much for my tiny mind.
    Last edited by NieA7; 12-04-2013 at 08:20 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I won a spectacular 3-1 season opening victory! against goblins My March to glorious league championship awaits!

Actually as I had lost my previous game against goblins, I was quite pleased to get out of this one against Cyber relatively intact. It was a ludicrous game, featuring an especially ludicrous opening two or three turns.

I kicked, surmising I'd aim to kick deep and run fast catchy elf mans to pressure any goblin recievers. This was a mistake as with my scoring potential, I should've tried to aim for as many restarts as possible to get those pesky secret weapons off the pitch. Particularly the Looney, who solo accounted for about five elves last time I met one.

So first mistake made, I kicked deep, and rolled a blitz (yay). Immediate elfy pouring into the goblin half and forming a sweaty crush of elves around the ball like hipsters in a shoreditch divebar.

Cyber responded to this in the traditional hipster tackling method, and fireballed my cage. This killed two elves and knocked down the ball carrier. Killed. Two. TWO KILLED. (One elf was apo'd to BH, as he was one of my few non mangled, non niggled useful players). Then the flipping looney smacked someone with his chainsaw, and Cyber went after the ball, both teams players all ending up in a big messy scrum of tacklezones, all plans out the window.

I attempted to use my Super Strong Super Quick elf Mos Def, to knock the ball carrier down, so I could spend the rest of my turn working an elfy equaliser. Mos Def had other ideas, and promptly quad skulled. I also rolled a double skull on my next block next turn, six skulls in a row, in an event as unlikely and fearsomely predictable as a secret gig by the Levellers at glastonbury.

There followed a few turns of push-me-pull-you cage wrangling, ending in a goblin being almost eaten by a troll, and me finally managing to pinch the ball after Cyber had some rather poor luck, and hurl it upfield for 1-0.

Cyber responded with a thrown goblin touch down. Bastard making it look easy. I responded in standard Vast-Aire driven long pass 2 turn touch down. Meaning we went into half time at 2-1.

The second half was a lot less eventful, and went a bit more according to plan. I punched goblins, goblins got knocked out. I rolled things other than skulls. Cyber's trolls played with themselves more than a lonely adolescent with a no mates and a chess set.

We ended appropriately, with one of those trolls DAMN YOU QUENTIN NOT NOW finally managing to eat the goblin who evaded him in the first half.

Good game Cyber, much luck, less fireballs, in the rest of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Can't do Friday as I have another league game. Midday Saturday works
    Any news on whether this is suitable?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    She may have forgotten to tell you but she has told me she needs the PC then so I think we can assume that is a yes.

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    ... and fireballed my cage. This killed two elves and knocked down the ball carrier. Killed. Two. TWO KILLED.
    I have decided - this is the season of effective fireballs (effects in subsequent matches may differ)! My Wizard knocked down all 4 of Web Coles players that were targeted killing one, K.O.ing one and stunning one!

Unfortunately Web Cole's apothecary was also surprisingly competent. :(

The game finished 1 - 1 so the Dirty Undies remain 100% undefeated!
    Last edited by drawlien; 12-04-2013 at 02:30 PM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by drawlien View Post
    so the Dirty Undies remain 100% undefeated!
    What a coincidence! Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    She may have forgotten to tell you but she has told me she needs the PC then so I think we can assume that is a yes.
    Ha! Thats fine

Network Hub
    Crap, i take it this is why you are not here then? As you took one of my ideal first options i regarded my availability as a given. I shall endeavour to be clearer in the future.

Divisions on tuesday night, out most of thursday. Other than that i am available within my usual times. Still sharing a pc so will have to work around the layabout while he “works”

edit: i might be able to do tomorrow afternoon as well. Dave has a game in the evening but i could be for noon until around 3.30 uk start
    Last edited by Corkir; 13-04-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corkir View Post
    Crap, i take it this is why you are not here then? As you took one of my ideal first options i regarded my availability as a given. I shall endeavour to be clearer in the future.

Divisions on tuesday night, out most of thursday. Other than that i am available within my usual times. Still sharing a pc so will have to work around the layabout while he “works”

edit: i might be able to do tomorrow afternoon as well. Dave has a game in the evening but i could be for noon until around 3.30 uk start
    Sorry Corkir - completely my fault. Came back after driving lesson and was whisked straight back out of the door for an improptu shopping trip which i've only just got back from. Need to check times with other leagues but i'll be around some point during those times tomorrow. Will post again later

Sorry Corkir - completely my fault. Came back after driving lesson and was whisked straight back out of the door for an improptu shopping trip which i've only just got back from. Need to check times with other leagues but i'll be around some point during those times tomorrow. Will post again later
    Noon GMT+1 tomorrow is fine.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    My chaos dwarfs (limited to 1750 by the entry rules) played Screwie's chaos team today and scraped a 1-1 draw. Despite having just as much claw and superior armour (and a bloodweiser babe) the dwarfs took the worst of the KOs and injuries, but hung on grimly. Screwie was cheated of a couple of chances at touchdowns by the last roll going wrong (one a go for it on the line that failed and BH his man, and another a failed catch after he'd rerolled his short pass), but he wasn't quite as unlucky as he looked since both attempts had had a sequence of several decent rolls leading up them. Failing the very last roll in the sequence was pretty harsh though; the failed GFI in particular was a bit of a kick in the teeth.
    The chaos dwarfs were also denied a winning touchdown after Screwie successfully made two go for its and a one-dice block to take down the ball carrying centaur on the line.

Thanks for the game Screwie.

Network Hub
    Well at least phoenix made it online today. A few minutes late, but better than yesterday. Unfortunately he then spent ten minutes managing and chatting while ignoring me so I’m giving up.

Fair enough. Yesterday alone was enough reason for claiming a win.

I will say this about today however - I was in the middle of a conversation and wasn't aware you were online - you could have jumped onto public and said "i'm here - lets do this"

EDIT: I've adminned this as a 2-0 win for Corkir.
    Last edited by 20phoenix; 14-04-2013 at 12:43 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    A 3-0 win to my lizards over axles chaosmans is unrepresentative of a tough game in which my replacement krox died and 4 sarus were injured (as well as a couple of beasts), it was representive of ag4 skink madness, speaking of which my new skink rolled... ag4, which leaves me with 4 ag 4 skinks and one str3 skink, if this is bloat i dont care

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    ag4, which leaves me with 4 ag 4 skinks and one str3 skink, if this is bloat i dont care
    O_o What the hell!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    O_o What the hell!
    I wonder how much Tackle Axler's team has?

EDIT: I've adminned this as a 2-0 win for Corkir.
    I've added the score to the spreadsheet. And Day 1 is complete! :)

(Although league needs to be rolled on in-game, spreadsheet needs to be updated, etc..)

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post

I've added the score to the spreadsheet. And Day 1 is complete! :)

(Although league needs to be rolled on in-game, spreadsheet needs to be updated, etc..)
    Thanks Screwie. We're up next but i'm leaving for Krakow this evening and don't come back until Sunday evening. Could possibly play Monday @ 10pm (or during the day if that suits) or Tuesday @ 10:30pm. After then my schedule is less cluttered and i'm back to most evenings after 7pm