Page 226 of 303 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,520 of 6044
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Phoenix we're somehow up again, for like the millionth time in a month. I'm off work next week, so aside from probably going to the cinema one evening I should be free whenever.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Cpd - I'll look for you on steam tonight or tomorrow.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Mr Everblue and Mr NeiA7, we're up. When's good?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolima View Post
    Helio, any evening except Friday should be good for our match.
    I'll see you about then
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Walrus - Wednesday night is out, Tuesday night we'd have to start late (back of ten UK-o-time), the rest of the week I'm good from 8 onwards, next weekend I intend to be mostly drunk and/or hung over.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I nuffled my way to a 2-1 win over CPD's wood elves. Sorry for your dice old boy, but at least there wasn't much permanent damage.

Anyway, my team has two skillups on which I'd like some advice. Roster thus far:

Blitzer1 - Guard, [double rolled]
    Blitzer2 - +1 AG
    Blitzer3 - Mighty blow, piling on
    Blitzer4 - Mighty blow

Thrower -

Catcher1 - Block
    Catcher2 - +2MV, [double rolled]

Linegirl1 - Guard
    Linegirl2 - Guard, -1AV
    Linegirl3 - Block
    Linegirl4 - Block
    Plus three rookie linegirls

So what do I do with my doubles? I was going to take mighty blow on blitzer1, but now am not sure. Side step maybe?

Likewise my MV8 catcher (who is the ball carrier). Ignore the double and take sure hands? Or wrestle?

All input gratefully received.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    ...but at least there wasn't much permanent damage.
    As in only one skilled played dead... I'm surprised he didn't get the MVP ;). I played my gobbo match just before that and my skilled fanatic got killed... and he did get the MVP.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Sidestep is great on blitzers, that'd definitely be my choice. Coupled with blodge it makes for a real nuisance.

Maybe Nerves of Steel for the catcher? Otherwise maybe ignore the double and get sidestep to make one-turning a viable option, or play it safe and go with block.

Yeah, gave Cyber's fanatic a bad case of the deads during our match which ended in a lackluster 1-0 win for Papa Nurgle (and then only just). I got mentally caught between aggressively pushing the ball to score lots of touchdowns, chasing after gobbos for casualties and securing the field to stop any stunty nonsense, with the consequence that I did none of them very well. I also picked up my third gouged eye in as many games, they must have them on stalks or something given how vulnerable they seem to be. Really lost the knack of playing with this team.

As for the 'zons, at AV7 I'm always massively paranoid until I've got blodge/wrodge on them so I'd definitely get block on the catcher (or wrestle if you want to make her a safety, though given 'zons are comparatively slow I'd probably lean towards developing her aggressively. I also wouldn't get sure hands, give that to a thrower and hand off to her instead, lets you project the threat further afield). As for the blitzer I'm not convinced that sidestep is so much better than stand firm that it's worth a double pick, but in all honesty there's not many other doubles worth getting - possibly sure feet for range, or jump up if you want to build a killer. I think I'd be looking at stand firm, sidestep or tackle.

Like NieA7 I'm on the fence about SS vs SF. I think SS is better, but I'm not sure if it's 10 TV better. Either one is a good pick for her as they pair well with guard & blodge.

For the catcher I'd ignore the double and just get block or wrestle. If you're crazy enough to wan to pass with amazons NoS is an option, but crazy. You could also give her guard for more guard goodness. No such thing as too much guard and all that, especially on a fragile/bashy team like zons.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Stand firm is probably better for a guard blitzer than sidestep, you'll be trying to get that guard into some scrums with little room to manoeuvre and then keep it there rather than have it hit, forced to move, and then only have a couple of potential places to go which aren't where you want to be.

Do catchers get dodge on a normal roll? If not, dodge. If so, sidestep, then block, then dodge. Use it for one turners to get the points quicker.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Weasel - the catcher already has dodge. Thanks for the advice. I'm thinking wrestle or guard for her...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Screwie - my orcs are lusting for blood, when can you play?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    2lab time to duel for Ratty honour :) My week is going to get very busy so sooner would be better if possible. If you could do Monday around 19:00 BST that would be smashing. Otherwise let me know what options we have to play with and Iíll get diary juggling.
    Monday's fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Weasel - the catcher already has dodge. Thanks for the advice. I'm thinking wrestle or guard for her...
    Does your catcher get sidestep on a normal roll then? a +2mv dodging sidestep catcher would be awesome, better than a guard one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    On mv 10 catcher you want 2 things, NoS and sidestep,

Sidestep leads to easy(ish) one turners, crowd push someone into them, and then again, and again! Presto a no gfi 1 Turner.

OKAY, perhaps easier said but sidestep is great.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Screwie - my orcs are lusting for blood, when can you play?
    Hey mrpier, I an certainly do tomorrow evening, Friday night or next weekend.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Hmm, tricky. I can't play tomorrow evening, and I might be away this coming weekend. I could do tonight, and tuesday to thursday evening.

Network Hub
    @Lowkey When could u play?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Oldwebcole, some evening this week at 8pm? Any preference?