Page 228 of 300 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,560 of 5982
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Well, I guess that makes me feel a little better.

It's still a massive mark down from my usual performance though, and I'm really annoyed at myself for that. Especially since last season I pulled off a great victory against a much more experienced Orc team (one of my proudest wins so far, in fact). Where was my head this time?

Also bummed about that injury to my Clawdude (currently Block, Claw, Guard), but then he's always a huge target. (In the strange way of all chaos warriors 95% of hits bounce off him harmlessly and the first one that gets through kills him outright. I was just lucky my apoth didn't double down on the death.)

If it was any other stat that broke, I would probably have sacked him. Although the AV8 slightly impacts his ability to be a Guard roadblock, as it is he's 3 SPP from levelling up so I'll keep him around for now.

Ah well, I have goblins next week - always fun to play against. And I have a few Tacklers, so it shouldn't be entirely fruitless.
    Last edited by Screwie; 01-05-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    My actual rookie Orcs were 1100TV under the Elves, yeah... It wasn't as bad as it could have been.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Finally played a game this season and boy were the Nurglites up for it. Steamrolled Janeks Chaos Dwarves first half with the aid of some helpful injury dice before taking down the centaur carrier when he was in sight of the line. A run up the other end of the pitch and a hand off later it was 1-0 at the half. A good kick and 2 failed pick ups from the pest carrier meant the ball hung around my end zone for a few turns while the two teams went toe to toe at the LOS. Once the ball arrived so did the wizard but only took down the least important pest. The Nurglites were able to bust a hole in the line and run the ball through only failing to score after failing a handoff and a pickup with rerolls in hand.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drawlien View Post
    Laneford, when would you like to play? I can do any evening Wednesday to Monday around 7.30pm start.
    This friday? Otherwise Monday?

(sorry for the delay)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Walrus, are you even reading the thread? I haven't seen any sign of you trying to arrange our match any other way.

Friday I've got an OCC match at 8, but I could fit the Open match in at 10.
    Saturday and Sunday are out, as I have now mentioned several times.
    The deadline is apparently the 5th, which would give you three days to show any sign at all that you're alive.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 02-05-2013 at 11:53 PM.

Hey Laneford, I'm busy tonight now so won't be able to play. Monday evening is fine with me if Jolima is happy to give us an extension?

I can do monday if it's ok with the brass...

****Corkir****

I am very sorry but something in RL has come up and I won't be able to make our match this evening. Obviously as we are so close to the deadline it is too late for a reschedule so I will forfeit.

Network Hub
    I was looking forward to launching a new rivalry :( Thanks for letting me know axler.

I hereby apply for an admin win on the grounds that Walrus has made absolutely zero attempt to get in touch with me, in this thread or by any alternative means: pm, steam, carrier pigeon, psychic powers... not a damn sausage.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    I hereby apply for an admin win on the grounds that Walrus has made absolutely zero attempt to get in touch with me, in this thread or by any alternative means: pm, steam, carrier pigeon, psychic powers... not a damn sausage.
    He's on Steam at the moment... is he ignoring you even now?

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    He's on Steam at the moment... is he ignoring you even now?
    Up to him to poke me on steam if he's not going to read the thread; I've got stuff to do this evening.

We'll wait to Monday for Laneford and drawlien then. If no other matches get played before, Corkir and Pres gets their wins.

Quote Originally Posted by drawlien View Post
    Hey Laneford, I'm busy tonight now so won't be able to play. Monday evening is fine with me if Jolima is happy to give us an extension?
    What time do you want to play tonight sir?

Sorry, wasn't reading the thread.

2-1 to Nasty Brutish and Short against the Egypt-themed undead menace of the Royal Pharoahs - despite the Perfect Defence roll that ruined my chance to claw a couple of tomb guardians before they could start beating my team up, despite the badly hurt on my +str dwarf and the MNG on my claw mino that Walrus got in his very first turn (because of the Perfect Defence roll), despite the pitch invasion that flattened half my already depleted team and gave him a nice easy path to an equaliser, and even despite the soft injury dice that left his tomb guardians merely stunned on the few occasions I downed them and broke armour.

Oh yes, there was plenty of adversity to go around for the surly little chaos mans, but they refused to knuckle under!

A very long kick at the start of the second half left the ball in the far left corner, and the thro-ra failed to pick it up, failing again in the next turn, perhaps unnerved by the sight of the mighty Hoofdeath Stompmurder thundering down the flank towards him, throwing off feeble attempts to stop him like a bull centaur which has break tackle. He wouldn't get a third try, as Hoofdeath surfed him into the crowd, picked the ball up(!) and thundered over the line for an unexpected 2-1 lead.

The Khemri formed up again and lurched down the pitch, but the dogged defensive display of the determined dwarfs delayed the decaying dead, and hoofdeath's break tackle let him gallop free and take down the ball carrier as he made a break for the line.

Last edited by President Weasel; 06-05-2013 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolima View Post
    We'll wait to Monday for Laneford and drawlien then. If no other matches get played before, Corkir and Pres gets their wins.
    Looks like Laneford and Drawlien have played their game. Hope nobody minds but I gave Corkir a win and moved the day on.

Cyber, we're up next: when?
    Last edited by President Weasel; 06-05-2013 at 10:23 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Cyber, we're up next: when?
    Whenever...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Drawlien - Thursday would be good for me if you can make it. About 8pm?

Axler - allow me to demonstrate the benefits of worshipping a specific Chaos god at any of these times:

Wednesday @ 10pm
    Friday after 6pm
    Saturday or Sunday after midday