Page 244 of 303 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,880 of 6044
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Janek's Chaos Dwarves and my Amazons drew 1-1 in a bad tempered and violent game.

I took 6 casualties overall, including career ending injuries for two linewomen (one of whom had guard, sadly). I broke the neck of one of his bulls but the apo saved it, and despite rolling four dice at the other one to set up some turn 16 piling on which would, I'm sorry to say, have been followed by a gangfoul, I couldn't get the bugger down.

I'm happy with a point, although was very close to scoring in the first half which could have given me the win. Hey ho. GG old boy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Axler View Post
    Sure about 8 pm BST?
    Roger roger.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Sinister Sixteen (Cha, me) vs Machiavellian Mutilation (DElf, Corkir)

Full-Time Score: 1 - 0 to the Sinister Sixteen wait WHAAAAAT

Let me explain.

I was able to make the most of a strong first half, causing 4 injuries. While that was going on Corkir managed to knock the ball out of play and nearly stole the lead by retrieving the throw-in. Only through some risky GFIs was I able to park a fresh wall of bodies in front of her cage, and her crucial dodge out of that situation snake-eyed.

Corkir was down on her chances following the injuries but even then I only scored on Turn 8 by virtue of a hand-off - I didn't feel in complete control of the ball at any time after the 2nd turn, such are elves.

Corkir's luck didn't improve in the second half, as another snake eyes ruined a hand-off which would have seen her elfcage scoot around my defense and way beyond it. I was able to block the ball with large, stubborn bodies and hope. Despite this, and continuing to rack up injuries (six of them now including the death of a lvl 2 runner, re-deaded by her apoth, and two of Corkir's blitzers MNG'd), Corkir stole the ball from under their feet in a desperate move.

A SS blitzer stood waiting 1 square form the end zone, if he caught the ball there would be little I could do that wouldn't let him complete the TD (despite all my Grabbers, none were in range of him). The lineelf carrier took 2 GFIs to improve his odds, then chucked the ball - 1, rerolled to 1.

From this point on the ball looked pretty secure for me... if only I could pick it up. After doing so on the second attempt, I then had to chuck it downfield to a waiting beastman to have a chance of scoring - and it landed near him but not in his hands. My final turn was a "simple" pick-up, hand-off and score, which failed at the first step.

Still, it was enough.

---

Meanwhile my minotaur continues to be ruthlessly efficient at everything except hurting people. He only failed 1 WA roll in the first half (he wasn't on the pitch for the second) but didn't injure a soul. I've come to imagine him as pillowfighting out there, and that he's the nicest, gentlest guy you'll ever meet.

However, my Block/MB/Tackle beastman used his violence to level up again. I'm still currently lacking a Clawdude, but I think a second Piling On player will do nicely in this case. Hmm, or maybe Frenzy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It is a very close season so far! If only we can stop Jolima and Laneford from scampering clear at the top...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    With Jolima being away the next few weeks, he won't stay in the top spot for long. Well, I suppose all the nearest contenders could lose all their games in the meantime.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Axler, seeing as you couldn't make it tonight, any other days you can do?

Network Hub
    Helio I can probably do most evenings this week, you can pick one and I'll be there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Web Cole View Post
    Helio I can probably do most evenings this week, you can pick one and I'll be there.
    See you tonight 9pm? Or later of you miss this.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    9PM BST should be fine.

Just out of curiosity, how close are you chaps to the end of the season? Would like to know how long i have to practice.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    We are I think 8 games in, out of a 19 game-ish season. Say 3 months to go or thereabouts.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Screwie, when's the next week start and end?

Quote Originally Posted by SillyWhiteGuy View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how close are you chaps to the end of the season? Would like to know how long i have to practice.
    Go prep a team, maybe your DoD team. I have struggled and failed to keep my head above water with my orcs because let's be honest 600 points of inducements does not have the same impact as 20-30 skill ups.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Screwie, when's the next week start and end?
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    The deadline is Saturday 22nd! Added it to the sheet.
    The deadline is Saturday 22nd, and I added it to the sheet.

:)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Go prep a team, maybe your DoD team. I have struggled and failed to keep my head above water with my orcs because let's be honest 600 points of inducements does not have the same impact as 20-30 skill ups.
    And yet mrpier is currently second in the league having joined with a fresh crop of orcs this season...

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    And yet mrpier is currently second in the league having joined with a fresh crop of orcs this season...
    Honestly, I don't want to be a Doris Downer but I can not mentally parse that as anything other than extreme luck.

I'm not suggesting mrpier is not good at bloodbowl but that being good is simply insufficient.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You old Grumpy Gertie!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    The deadline is Saturday 22nd, and I added it to the sheet.

:)
    So you're saying the deadline is Saturday 22nd? Get your games in, people.
    When's the deadline for the next one?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    My orcs were not totally fresh, I had about 150-200 TV worth of skills at the start of the season. Though I do think helio made a mistake by not taking all the black orcs at the start.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Though I do think helio made a mistake by not taking all the black orcs at the start.
    Yes. Yes he did. 4 black orcs, 4 blitzers, thrower, 2 linemen, 3 rerolls. Anything else is madness.