Page 247 of 302 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,940 of 6032
    Quote Originally Posted by 2lab View Post
    Either will be fine, so call it Wednesday.
    Can we aim to start about 8 mate? I've got a few things that need doing around the house and I don't want to miss you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    A hard fought 2-1 victory for the Chaos Dwarfs of Nasty Brutish and Short over Corkir's sidestep-heavy dark elves.

Grinding forwards over the bodies of our enemies - except most of our armour breaks ended in a stun, and the only remotely serious injury was a MNG inflicted on a Delf by a dead-eyed stone hurling Lee Harvey Oswald from the crowd. Grind forward a couple of squares, hit an elf, snuggle up to a couple, watch as they dodge away, repeat - except one time a vital dodge failed, and I smashed the other elf in that file and got a huge swathe of pitch closer to the line. Corkir managed to come up with a 1d hit on the ball carrier but had already used a reroll on a dodge and so could do nothing about the skull that came up, and I was able to stall til the end of the half. Oh, and the fireball hit about five of my guys, knocked a couple over, had no effect on the ball carrier - and killed a dwarf who the apothecary cured to badly hurt! You read that right folks, an apoc actually did his damn job.

Second half the elfs scored quickly and then I did the whole trundle up the pitch thing again. Needed a reroll on a wild animal (made the loner roll, luckily) to get close to the line, needed several hits to go right in order to clear a path to the line, and needed 3 GFIs from a sprint sure feet player to score, but I made it for a last gasp victory despite dogged elf resistance.

Hoofdeath Stompmurder was rewarded with 3SPPs, a skillup, mighty blow, and the most glorious hat I have ever seen.

Look at that thing, I can't even fit it into the character viewer properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    Friday I'm at the pub, but Thursday should be doable.
    Can you make it today at 20:00 BST?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Great result against the RPS Dragon, Weasel! You are, however, a miserable dwarf coach and so I wish all your filthy players dead.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Gosh, two losses in a row by Corkir. Maybe all her bad dice are coming at once?

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Gosh, two losses in a row by Corkir. Maybe all her bad dice are coming at once?
    This was certainly her claim during the match. However it's not entirely unreasonable to expect an elf to use up a dodge getting away from a tackle dwarf, and a 1d block against a blodger is fairly risky. The skull was a kick in the teeth, I'll admit. Also with the sheer amount of "la la la I'm an elf I'll dodge away from my marker and make a column of two again" she had to expect a snake eyes: 2 or 3 dodges a turn for the, what, 12 or 13 turns I was attacking? That's better than 18, meaning a 1/36 chance snake eyes is more likely than not.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 27-06-2013 at 10:37 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    She was pretty unlucky against my 'zons FWIW. Maybe just one of *those* seasons.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    That's better than 18, meaning a 1/36 chance snake eyes is more likely than not.
    That's not how it works, Weasel.

Chances of succeeding at one 1/36 roll is 35/36, two is 35/36 * 35/36 ie (35/36)^2, in general for n dodges it's (35/36)^n, we want n such that (35/36)^n < 0.5, which turns out to be 25 at which point you've got a 49.45% chance of succeeding.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Or, in other words, 49.45% of the time it works every time.

Also, dice have no memory and Nuffle hates us all. aka "stuff happens, what the hell".

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shar_ds View Post
    Also, dice have no memory and Nuffle hates us all. aka "stuff happens, what the hell".
    Sure, but the point is we can know how likely stuff is to happen, and Pweasel's point basically stands: you make that many dodge rolls and you're likely to fail one.

Likeliness only really works within statistical models though, and most definitely doesn't factor the grumpy god of the dice into the equation!

That doesn't factor in that a decent proportion of those will probably have lacked dodge due to tackle so would be eating team reroll. And for those games which are just crap dice however you tweak the figures I just use a poker term - variance

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think CHands is using the word "likely" in the normal everyday sense and not in the context of a likeliness function of a statistical model. Although, knowing CHands a very little I could be wrong.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
    Can you make it today at 20:00 BST?
    Certainly can, see you then.

WebCole's WElfs just managed to out-injure my Nurgle on their way to a 1-0 win. I hate this team.

Hi 2Lab. We're down to play the next round. Unfortunately, I'm going away on Thursday and the next chance I could play would be Saturday the 13th. Are you able to play any time that weekend if the round lasts that long/we can get an extension?

Maybe we can move the thing on early? When are the last couple of games getting played?

Speaking of the last couple of games, there look to be two with a '-' against them, but only one showing ++ marks on the score list below. What's up with that?

Jolima got a 0-2 result because he's away, which leaves Laneford vs Helio (when?) and maybe Walrus vs CyberXenny (but if they haven't played why are there no ++ marks? hmm?)
    Last edited by President Weasel; 01-07-2013 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drawlien View Post
    Hi 2Lab. We're down to play the next round. Unfortunately, I'm going away on Thursday and the next chance I could play would be Saturday the 13th. Are you able to play any time that weekend if the round lasts that long/we can get an extension?
    I can play before thursday if you have time. As for the weekend of the 13th it's to early to say but it'll probably be fine.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Me and Helio are playing tomorrow.