Page 264 of 303 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,280 of 6044
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    How does Wednesday or Thursday next week sit with you?
    Either is fine after 8pm.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Fear not, my merry lizards have suffered in a similar fashion, shall we go for 8pm tonight?
    Sounds a plan. I may have to push it back half an hour if my dinner making proves suitably tardy if that's ok.

Myself and LowKey drew 2-2 in a mildly ridiculous game between the two very injured sides. This now means that Axler can tie with me at the top on 30 points if he wins his game, Jolima can get within a point, and phoenix can get within 3 points.

It's going down to the wire I think.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Sorry for caps but LANEFORD'S THROWER THREW THE BALL OFF THE PITCH AND THE CROWD THREW IT BACK TO THE THROWER

Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    Iiiit's Axler! Tomorrow's not much good as I'm doing training so will probably be knackered, Friday will be pub, but should be able to do any time weekend, or after maybe 7pm next week.
    Hmm my weekend is a little up in the air at the moment. Monday at 7pm UK time?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Myself and LowKey drew 2-2 in a mildly ridiculous game between the two very injured sides. This now means that Axler can tie with me at the top on 30 points if he wins his game, Jolima can get within a point, and phoenix can get within 3 points.

It's going down to the wire I think.
    Two of those events are mutually exclusive at least. Which reminds me - when do you want me to tear my hair out Jolima? I am free most of the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Sorry for caps but LANEFORD'S THROWER THREW THE BALL OFF THE PITCH AND THE CROWD THREW IT BACK TO THE THROWER
    Even the crowd pay homage to the awesomeness of that crippled HElf thrower.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Either is fine after 8pm.
    Wednesday at 20:00 then.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'll bring a mop for all the blood.

Activated Node
    Hi all!

I'm in my 3rd season of DoD and loving it, but it's just not enough Blood Bowl!! So I've added myself to the sheet in what I think is the right place... Let me know if I need to do anything else.

Looking forward to next season (any ideas how long this'll be btw? I need to get my TV up...)

Cheers,

J

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    We're six games away form the end of the season, which means about 2 months before we wrap it up. You've still got plenty of time to train up a team for next season.

Did we come to an decision about joining/TV/training and stuff?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If you want more blood bowl jclooth the occ feeder league is about to start its third iteration for the season.

http://www.orca-cola.com/beta/index....for-s19/page-3

good league, if a bit stricter than rps in keeping to a schedule. Me, weasel, mumbles and 20phoenix are all in it. There's also the ukbbl conferences which start shortly. That's a great little league.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    I just scored one of (possibly) the cheesiest TDs ever to take Screwie's Sinister Sixteen 2-1 in my last turn. Nice.
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

You can also join the fumbbl league! We're about to start a new competition... http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...or-fresh-meat!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    I just scored one of (possibly) the cheesiest TDs ever to take Screwie's Sinister Sixteen 2-1 in my last turn. Nice.
    It was elfiness at its worst. My rage was quelled only by the fact two of my warriors finally levelled up!

What would you give a warrior with Block, Guard and Grab already? I'm thinking Stand Firm, although more Mighty Blow is always nice.

The other guy rolled a double 6, but I was desperate to give him Guard (He's Block, Grab, Side Step right now). Dodge might be also worth it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    The other guy rolled a double 6, but I was desperate to give him Guard (He's Block, Grab, Side Step right now). Dodge might be also worth it.
    Take the +ST. Nuffle looks poorly on those who spurn such gifts.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    If you want more blood bowl jclooth the occ feeder league is about to start its third iteration for the season.

http://www.orca-cola.com/beta/index....for-s19/page-3

good league, if a bit stricter than rps in keeping to a schedule. Me, weasel, mumbles and 20phoenix are all in it. There's also the ukbbl conferences which start shortly. That's a great little league.
    Cheers man, I don't want to over commit myself though!

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    It was elfiness at its worst.

So this is what happened; 1-1, Screwie is within range to score easily; my T16; I'd failed a simple dodge to blitz the ball carrier the previous turn; I have a TRR left:

1) Miss Vicelin, my remaining wardancer on the pitch, is in range for a 2D against blitz and needs a GFI to do it. She goes for it and rolls two both downs. Both players have block, so the question is, do I leave it at that and use the remainder of my turn to get some more blocks in, or risk a reroll? Even if I can get the ball loose, he'll likely just pick it up again and score anyway.

2) I go for the reroll. Rock'n'roll. Pushes result. Naff. But! Miss Vicelin has strip ball and Screwie's carrier doesn't have sure hands. The beastman gets pushed up against the touchline and the ball scatters out of play.

3) The throw in sends it straight across the pitch, still dangerously close to my goal line, but just in range of Bruce, my super thrower. Just. He needs a dodge (but doesn't have the dodge skill) and two GFIs. He makes it and picks up the ball.

4) Naellara, my super catcher, well in scoring distance, is just out of range of the long bomb. He's got diving catch, but he's out of range even to have the ball thrown one square short (or so Cyanide said; I wasn't convinced). This is frustrating, as Bruce could have thrown the long bomb with ease (strong arm, accurate, +ag).

5) But! There's another way. One of my other catchers is in handing off range of Naellara. The only downside is that he's in two tackle zones for the catch and will need two 2+ dodges and one 3+ dodge to make the hand off.

6) He makes it.

7) Naellara, standing in a tackle zone, makes the catch and dodge and runs it in, no hassle, finishing off a play that freed the ball and moved it almost the entire length of the pitch in one turn.

8) Screwie spends his T16 rage-pushing some elves.

I worked out the odds afterwards and (ignoring the scatter and throw in, as I couldn't be arsed to figure those) the whole play had a chance of working of just over 25%. The hard part was the two against blitz, after that it wasn't too bad. If it all sounds rather jammy though, Screwie had been somewhat lucky to end up in the scoring position in the first place. Still, I laughed. A lot. The Lacrymata Angels have now beaten Sinister Sixteen by just one TD in both matches they've played.
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.