Page 294 of 303 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296 ... LastLast
Results 5,861 to 5,880 of 6044
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Everblue - When do you want to play our match?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I could do Sunday night I think. About 8?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Sounds good to me, see you sunday at around 8.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Screwie: When's good for you? I'm free most evenings at the moment, though there is a curry night on the cards at some point, which has yet to be arranged. Also would prefer to avoid overlapping with rugby.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    My khorne team "Destroyrockandroll" won 2-1 against mrpier's orcs "the Raging Gits".

The bloodthirster had a good game, causing 3 casualties and as usual when the 'thirster does well, the team does well. Such a good player on his day!

The result means that Janek (20pts) and Jolima (18pts) have the chance to pull clear of the pack, as neither of them have played so far. mrpier is on 18pts and I'm on 17.

SWG when works for you most evenings this week are fine for me.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    My khorne team "Destroyrockandroll" won 2-1 against mrpier's orcs "the Raging Gits".

The bloodthirster had a good game, causing 3 casualties and as usual when the 'thirster does well, the team does well. Such a good player on his day!

The result means that Janek (20pts) and Jolima (18pts) have the chance to pull clear of the pack, as neither of them have played so far. mrpier is on 18pts and I'm on 17.
    Glad of that result - I really want to put daylight between the pack and I before the final couple of rounds, seeing as they're against Jolima and mrpier. Dicey!

Quote Originally Posted by drawlien View Post
    Jolima, when would you like to play? My preference would be sometime this afternoon/evening. Other times I could do are Friday, Sunday or Wednesday all starting around 7-8pm GMT.
    Sunday at 7 sounds good. See you then.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    I'm back now. Apologies.
    Tell me when you are ready for our duel.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    Screwie: When's good for you? I'm free most evenings at the moment, though there is a curry night on the cards at some point, which has yet to be arranged. Also would prefer to avoid overlapping with rugby.
    Monday or Tuesday night would be good for me. How would that suit you?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Monday evening sounds super. Eight?

Okay I'll see you then!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ohhhh Jolima dropped points.

It's just as well, because although I was able to hang on for a 2-1 victory over Screwie's chaos, it was a bit of a pyrrhic victory. Will take a four-point lead into the last two games (against 3rd and 2nd place respectively), but will also be missing 5 players MNG - including 3 guards and 2 claws. Not what you want facing orcs.

On the bright side, it was my best injury score to date, with 7 casualties total! And none by foul!

And best of all, after some twenty-six games, my minotaur finally, finally, FINALLY hurt somebody!! :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    The game against was me against Laneford's Express Delivery Service, usually a player that causes fear but with the SPP equivalent of dollar signs in my eyes I hoped to receive and get some SPP for my Orcs before all the rats dodged away. I lost the toss, but in a moment of Skavenly hubris/hope he elected to kick and let me have me fun, the kick went off the pitch and my St4 blitzer took the ball right on the LoS. In that first turn (turn 2 because of a riot) 2 of the LoS players and a blitzed lino rat were all carried off the pitch injured, my winger unskilled Black orc was nearly surfed a push and a frenzy before skull+double skull saved him from leaving the pitch by way of rat ogre. the ball steadily moved up the wing and all the rats on that side of the pitch marked and bished with occasional fouling. Then a beautiful thing happened, the cornered by the rat ogre skillless black orc 2D against blocked the rat ogre hoping for a push, instead I got POW*2 and injured the ROgre, with a BH. The following 12 turns followed a profile, gutter runners failed dodges out of cages, storm vermin failed 2D against blocks and Orcs scored. 3 times, there would have been more but I was too focussed on chaining pushes near the end of the first drive.

The Rats piled up, the pitch was cleared twice, at the end of the match a lone gutter runner started a drive, picked up my shallow kick and launched the ball deep into my half and into my touchzone. My hubris happened and my blackle safety thrower attempted a GFI to grab the ball and tried to pass to to my AG5 Orc Thrower sadlly it was a scatter launch and my turn ended, the gutter runner again picked up the ball and out of a sense of duty passed the ball to my safety thrower in the touchzone. I triple dice mighty blowed him to the ground, attempted a vanity pass for SPP, succeeded and 8 man fouled the gutter runner for my second pitch clearance of the game and a beautiful end to the last turn, as the foul caused a BH, with no ability to score I ended my turn and the game.

Post match:
    Seemingly non of the injuries were serious impediments to the skaven teams development, but the SPP has bore fruit. My +AG +AG Thrower has a reg roll to decide and a GUARD+MB Blitzer Rolled a double, I'm thinking Accurate and diving catch respectively for some quality Elvish BS. Or Block and jump up for a more boring grindy play.

Additionally, a Lino rolled his first up with a reg, I might give him kick and fire my currently slightly bloaty block kicker,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 10-02-2014 at 11:22 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Axler View Post
    SWG when works for you most evenings this week are fine for me.
    poke10char

Tsk always have to upstage me Helio >:(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I love the idea of a lone gutter runner facing the entire orc team on kickoff and not conceding a touchdown!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Those first few turns were brutal. Three injuries in the first turn from Helio, and me rolling nothing but turnovers. After that, with such few numbers, I basically couldn't compete after about turn four. Could've conceded then, but my rats are made of stern stuff, and fought to the end.

Mostly BH's and MNG's mean I'm actually ok in the long term, I think I lost a rookie thrower.

Not sure about the skaven experiment this season. Games like this make me question how viable they are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    With those kind of games you just get through them - we've all had them and it can happen to anyone and any race.