Page 295 of 303 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,900 of 6044
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I also still think, that me successfully passing the ball to a player in his own endzone, should've resulted in an 'own touchdown' for me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    An "owndown", if you will.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    An "owndown", if you will.
    Touch-own surely?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Axler View Post
    poke10char
    Right, well as far as I know I'm not doing anything tomorrow, how about Wednesday evening? For the sake of sleep say, 8 pm gmt onwards?

Quote Originally Posted by SillyWhiteGuy View Post
    Right, well as far as I know I'm not doing anything tomorrow, how about Wednesday evening? For the sake of sleep say, 8 pm gmt onwards?
    Works for me see you then.

Ok folks, the second to last round is upon us.

I also have to make an announcement:

This will be the last season of the RPS Open.

It's been a good run, 10 seasons over 5 year, and I want to thank all of you players who've taken part in making it what it is. Remind me, is there anyone else who've played in every single season?

The reason I'm ending it is simple, I've probably been playing an average of one game of BB per week for the last five years and it's just started to lose its appeal. Heresy, I know. And I might well be back into it in a few months.

And yes, this is the perfect opening for that league you've always wanted to play in to get started. Plenty of people to recruit players from once we finish this season off in a few weeks. If anyone actually prefers to keep the Open going, feel free, but I figure you might as well give it a name change and the spreadsheet a new paint job.

Now let's finish the season off in style.

(Man, this feels weird to actually post.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    It's been a pleasure playing in it, cheers Jolima :-)

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    For real, I've had an excellent time! Thanks for all the work in organising it over the years.

I'm not ready to stop, however, so if anyone else wants to carry on too I'd be happy to volunteer to run it. I'd vote for keeping the name the same too, although rule changes are another matter, of course.
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

I'm quite a fan of the longer format seasons present in the Open. If people want to remake it I would most certainly wish to continue. You haven't heard the last of my skink agilitybastards.

Whilst I have only been around since the 3rd season, I must admit that my feelings towards the game have been similar to Jolima's recently. I was considering whether to drop out at the end of the season so this has simply confirmed my decision to do so.

Thanks for the games everyone, there's been some good ones! Who knows, I might get enticed back soon by BB2?

BTW, laneford - when would you like to play our match? Wednesday or Thursday evenings around 7-8.30 start would be best for me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    It's a shame to see it go - not least because it's something of a retirement home for many DoD teams.

Thanks for all your hard work, Jolima!

If nobody else takes the Open over, I would be happy to run a similar long-format league once BB2 launches. I suspect the next Open season would overlap its launch window anyway.
    Last edited by Screwie; 17-02-2014 at 01:41 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Thanks for running this, Jolima!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I only just feel like I 'get' the high TV open, between the stunty and the restart friendly DoD I rarely play enough matches to reach the dizzy heights of truncated income. I do hope a replacement occurs, but to Jolima, enjoy the break, it won't be long until withdrawals kick in.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well run, good sir, and my hat's in the ring for any replacement long-form league.

Mr Pier, we have a title to potentially decide. Free all this week, again avoiding the rugby (i.e. Friday evening and Saturday afternoon)

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    So, Everblue, when would you like to play?
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Yup I'd be up for playing in whatever replaces the Open. It's had a good run and been a lot of fun.

While I remember can a nice admin sort the result of my default win against Corkir?

Right then. Let's finish off this season by killing some elves.

Jolima, when suits?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    Well run, good sir, and my hat's in the ring for any replacement long-form league.

Mr Pier, we have a title to potentially decide. Free all this week, again avoiding the rugby (i.e. Friday evening and Saturday afternoon)
    Yeah, I don't think I can do until the 1st actually, or maybe even the 2nd depending on travel arrangements. Going away for a week on saturday, and I've already made plans for tomorrow. Just came in from a 6 hour bussride so I'm not in a shape to play tonight either.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Helio hired the world's greatest halfling chef and I played each half of our match with three less TRRs, leaving none for me whatsoever.

I consoled myself with hitting his orcs instead.

Thanks for the thanks everyone.

I just won 4-2 against SillyWhiteGuy with some help from the crowd knocking down most of the lizards while leaving the nice elves alone. Now if only mrpier can make sure not to let Janek win, my final game against Janek will be the true decider for first place! With a draw possibly giving the win to mrpier instead!

Janek, you know Nuffle wants a grand finale like that don't you? You won't be doing anything to pull HIS wrath upon you, right?