Page 32 of 303 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Sir Nullkigan, I would like to ask for the honour of being badly mauled by your Norse on tomorrow's afternoon/evening/late, late night unless it happens I catch you online and willing on Steam tonight.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnisarus View Post
    duff thats exactly what they did, i only had 2 hours to get them up to a decent TV again, so i had soem snotling help.

Does it make much difference? its outside the open and the team is on the same tv level now as the rest? it was either that or not play in the open. :) if people have an issue with it then ill drop out tis fine.
    I know your team was pretty decimated so I feel like a bit of a twat for bringing it up. I just think we should avoid setting a precedent for 2 reasons:

1. Its a very abusable mechanic. I could pick lizzies and put all the SPP on my saurus which are incredibly hard to level up, or black orcs, or big guy etc. Not to mention you could farm for strength / agility upgrades and sack players.

2. Its a bit unfair on those who haven't had time to play warm-up games and don't have someone willing to roll an all snotling team for them to beat up. Not to mention those with low av teams who have risked playing warm-up games and lost players.
    Last edited by duff; 02-10-2011 at 02:46 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Duffin: I don't see the issue tbh. Well I do, but for me you either have a proper league with all development done in competitive games or you don't. I don't like teams doing what arni did, but I don't see any difference between that and farming up a rookie team in a more subtle fashion. Same result at the end of the day, just without favouring coaches with loads of spare time on their hands. This league is a farming league.

Personally I've always maintained new teams should be rookie teams but I know internet coaches have never quite grasped that is how the game is normally played on TT. I have to say allowing teams to rebuild between seasons really takes away from the game though; a large part of BB is walking the line between protecting your valuable assets and utilising them to win games, along with developing players while trying to win games and hurt your opponents long term prospects. Take all that away and dead rubbers become totally meaningless games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I don't think you should drop out, but I do think for future seasons there should be a "no farming" rule. If you're going to be allowed the luxury of development matches in between seasons they should be legitmate matches. One reason we play the Open and the Divisions is to avoid farmed teams and know we are facing legit opponents.

Also, even having a team that's a bit broken in the Open isn't the end of the world. Even a team of journeyman elves plus a mercenary hero has half a chance.

A compromise could be only allowing training matches in between seasons to be done in the challenge league? And restricting imported teams to those that have played only in known leagues (just to allow an influx of teams with high enough TV to fill gaps).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Isn’t any difference imo. The lack of context is the important thing; the coach will be playing his team to develop rather than to win. Whereas in a league game the hand off to the black orc will be the intention that might have to be abandoned due to lack of rerolls and defensive pressure in a farming game you’ll always go for it as the result is irrelevant. If it goes wrong you can simply play another game :)

Agreed on the lack of context. The difference is the degree of control one has in rigged (for want of a better word) matches VS non. In a rigged game the BO gets as many goes as the player has re-rolls. In a non rigged game this is much harder. Of course, if one has time than that can be surmounted - but importantly your team is getting damaged whereas in a rigged game they arent.

So imposing a limit of training games (say 2 or 3) between seasons in challenge league will make the situation more controllable.

In a proper game, if I'm really trying I might get 1 TD with a saurus. In a rigged game he can splat snotlings all day long and then when the other guy concedes he gets 2 shots at MVP. I just think its very unfair on those guys who don't have time or someone willing to make a snotling team.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Weds at 13.00 should be fine zor, I'll post in here if I need to change
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

We'll set up some clearer guidelines for the end of next season. My idea has been that all training games should at least be played against an opponent who is intent on winning. Keep discussing if you want, to see if we can come to an agreement.

And Arni, please keep playing. There were no clear rules about it and expectations were different is all.

In happier news, I played the first league-game against LowKey's Nurgle and won with 4-0. Well, happy news for me at least. :-)

One of the leagues I'm in has the rule that between seasons you're allowed one friendly but it has to be against another team from the leagues. So both players are sort of going for development, it's not going to be as cut-throat as the actual league matches, but nobody really wants their rivals to pull ahead.

(Personally I was trying to get some fairly gentle practice games but got repeatedly clobbered by Ian's elves :P)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Ellllvvvvvveeeeesssss >:(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    New spreadsheet am confusing!
    However I strongly suspect I am supposed to be playing that Laneford fella next. Are we still organising matches in this thread or doing some sort of group thingery like the Divisions are doing?

Laneford, when would you like to play our top* of the table clash?

(*at least until someone else plays)
    Allo sir, I believe I could probably manage a game later tonight, otherwise any day from Tuesday on with a bit of notice...

Network Hub
    okay, fair enough. No further matches will be played against snotlings my friends :) i will use a new team next time they get slaughtered haha.

Appologies to anyone who took offence :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Allo sir, I believe I could probably manage a game later tonight, otherwise any day from Tuesday on with a bit of notice...
    Sunday is Arma night and so is Tuesday so how's about Wednesday at 20 o'clock?

Quote Originally Posted by Arnisarus View Post
    okay, fair enough. No further matches will be played against snotlings my friends :) i will use a new team next time they get slaughtered haha.

Appologies to anyone who took offence :)
    Not good enough. I want BLOOD!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    Alright Mr Hands, ready when you are.

Oh god, Chaos, oh god.
    Thursday night around 8pm?

Network Hub
    im sure there will be time for that when we play each other :D

Thursday night it is. Gives me time to get a will ready.

Ok, call me dumb but i can't work out who my first opponent is from the spreadsheet? Or can you only see it by logging on?
    In any event, if my first opponent (I'm Mommy's Boys) could identify themself and state whether the would be available this evening after 8pm GMT, or otherwise during the rest of the week after 9pm GMT, that would be most illuminating.