Page 44 of 302 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
    The clocks went back 1 hour this morning.

I'll probably be around later rather than earlier. Can we aim for 9pm BST at this stage? Might be a bit after. I'll be on steam, so leave me a message and I'll update you.

Hey, I needed to be going around 10 so a 9pm start is probably a bit late. If your schedule is busy I don't mind trying during the week?

So Duff was forced to concede after the first half. I'm starting to think my guys' hugs DO hurt...

Quote Originally Posted by Arnisarus View Post
    ok friday is not okay bah ! busy wih work, how about sunday i may be able to squeeze that in for the evening
    Stuck around in game for an hour and a half (the extra hour due to the clock switch), but didn't see you. Missed the best bits of Sunday Night Arma for it :(
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Looks like we have three games remaining:

LowKey vs Zoraster, Arnisarus vs Nulkigan, and drawlien vs mrpier. All of them have had the games scheduled but have had one player miss the time.

Can LowKey, Arnisarus and mrpier please confirm that you are trying to get your games played or you will have to take a forfeit. You have until Friday at the most to play, but I'd like to see some indication of scheduling sooner. (I know from the divisions that mrpier is sans internet at the moment.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I'm prepared to get it done, as soon as I get internet at home again, hopefully that will be today.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    yes yes I do hope we can play, I am available for 7pm GMT tonight Zoraster or a more suitable time in the week if thats better for you, with the hour change in the UK over the weekend I shouldn't get confused on the time this time but do add me on steam to make sure if you like!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    Stuck around in game for an hour and a half (the extra hour due to the clock switch), but didn't see you. Missed the best bits of Sunday Night Arma for it :(
    Sorry dude, i'm currently in the middle of a data center migration, coupled with my day to day at work and things have become rather hectic. I meant to come online and post to say i wouldnt be available but didnt even get the chance to do that :(

Im basically working all the time at the moment. i am however doing some work from my comfy home chair this evening so can play during that, say around 8 pm? if you are free? if not then i'm happy enough to concede as im not going to be around much.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Lowkey: no chance tonight. Made alternative plans last night after neither you or Wolf had given any indication you would be available. Likewise Tuesday, and I've got a game Thursday night. Sooo pretty much Wednesday or not at all. 19:00 GMT if you want it.

Drawlien - Good news, I'm online again, I should be able to play most evenings this week, although I do have a divisions of death match to schedule also.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Wednesday is fine with me my friend, see you then

Thanks to mrpier's return to the land of the internetted we were able to communicate via steam and agreed to play on Wednesday at 7.30pm GMT.

Network Hub
    I'll take it as Nullk cant make tonight, please give him the win as its my fault we havent been able to play

I'm in the lobby now!

We'll aim to move the league forward on Wednesday evening then. I'll give Nullkigan the win then if you haven't managed to play. Edit: ninja'd with good news?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Jolima View Post
    We'll aim to move the league forward on Wednesday evening then. I'll give Nullkigan the win then if you haven't managed to play. Edit: ninja'd with good news?!?
    Game didn't happen :(

Network Hub
    ah, just checked forum again and seen your reply, i thought because you possibly hadn't seen the post you werent gonna make it as it was very short notice.

I'm all done with work now but it is very late :) Null should definately get the win for this he made himself available constantly but i've not been able to get in the game.

Sorry Null

Me and Drawlien played our match yesterday, so feel free to move things on. It was High Elves vs Amazons and as usual I had a heap of inducements, I think I got a wizard, extra apoth, a reroll, Zara and a babe. The wizard proved essential to the match and the extra apoth proved essential to the health of my team.

I elected to kick off in the first half, and Drawlien pressed his way upwards, I was wary of his all his guard/block so didn't try to get into a scrum with instead trying and failing a stalling defense. In turn 5 (ish) drawlien had his ballcarrier just two or three squares from my endzone and my players were spread all over the place. He had set up a standard X-cage around his carrier, when my wizard struck from the crowds and took down all corners of the cage. A blitz, a throw and a fumbled catch later one of my blitzers was in a good position to outrun the 'zons to their own endzone. Drawlien managed to mark my blitzer though and attempted a pickup of the fumbled ball, but he failed the GFI and promptly died! Apoth rerolled to badly hurt though. This meant that I only had to blitz away the marker and pick up and walk in the ball. 1-0 to Insufferable elves.

Second half I received the ball and tried to threaten the backfield with a couple of my linemen, whilst keeping my thrower screened in the backfield. However the receiver threats got marked and shut down pretty handily as the match progressed and I had to move my thrower into a semi-cage on the right side of the field due to pressure from the zons. The cage worked as a trap and let the zons beat up on the elves, although they were quite resilient for a couple of rounds. In the end though my elves were depleted enough that Drawlien got hold of the ball and started marching forward again, some tenacious harassing saw the ball switch hands a couple of times but in the last round Drawlien looked to be only a couple of blocks away from a draw, but with no rerolls and failed block(blitz) it wasn't meant to be.

So first win for my helves in the open, thanks in large part to the wizard and a bit of luck in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Me and Drawlien played our match yesterday, so feel free to move things on. It was High Elves vs Amazons and as usual I had a heap of inducements, I think I got a wizard, extra apoth, a reroll, Zara and a babe. The wizard proved essential to the match and the extra apoth proved essential to the health of my team.

..... Drawlien got hold of the ball and started marching forward again, some tenacious harassing saw the ball switch hands a couple of times but in the last round Drawlien looked to be only a couple of blocks away from a draw, but with no rerolls and failed block(blitz) it wasn't meant to be.
    I could also have still got the draw in the last turn but the hand-off failed (there was heavy rain). Still the critical moment was way back in the first half where I completely forgot about the Wizard! I should have either gone for a looser cage so not everyone was under the template, kept more safeties back in case of a counter-attack or both.

I am beginning to think that this is the season when the good luck I was riding for the first season or so runs out... Still, it was well played by mrpier to take advantage when he could and do just enough to stop me getting an equaliser. Thanks for the game mrpier.