Page 51 of 303 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 6044
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    We made the match, though grinn was probably hoping for a replay.

The Doomsday Dancers were outclassed, outvalued, and utterly outplayed - there was very little my Dark Elves could do against the Guard, Tackle, Block, Green Horde descending down on my team.

Nothing apart from utterly suicidal blocks, dodges and passes that ended in a 1-1 with few injuries on either side, which could have been either a 2-1 or 1-2 in turn 16.

Nuffle was definitely on my side with rolls, but grinn's excellently played and scary Orcs stopped more attempts than Nuffle allowed me.

So, an exhausting 1-1 which was hard fought for on either side.
    Last edited by Vexing Vision; 16-11-2011 at 11:58 PM.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Monday at 8 should be fine. I await our game with some serious doubts about a good performance from my team. I'll give them a pep talk over the weekend :-)
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Just think of all the sweet, sweet inducements you'll inevitably be getting. ;-)

Hey Duffin - When is a good time for you to play? Sunday is looking like the surest thing for me at the moment. I might be able to do Saturday, but I might be out of town Fri/Sat, so I'm not sure yet. If we can't arrange anything this weekend I'm on holiday all next week so can play whenever if extensions are OK.

Also note, I'm GMT-7, just to be annoying :D

Edit: Update, looks like I'll be away Sat afternoon through possibly Sun morning. I should be able to do Fri afternoon/evening, Sat morning, or Sun afternoon/evening (all my time, so shift 7 hours for your times).
    Last edited by potatoedoughnut; 17-11-2011 at 08:31 PM.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Alright I have added you on the steam, screwie. I am the George Alagiaaargh. Yell at me when you're able to play.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    An absorbing and actually quite enjoyable match for me against Zoraster today, despite the result being in very little doubt after half time. 2-0 to the dark elves was the score at the end of the first half, and 2-0 to the dark elves the game finished; with me kicking to him in turn 9 and then being unable to lay a fist on his ball carrier for most of the second half there was very little I could do to alter the result.
    Zoraster marshalled his elves really well; he pretty much plays them exactly the way I'd always wanted to but never quite could.

The game played out like this:

he kicks, I receive, I make a half cage on the left sideline, he fireballs the ball carrier and misses but knocks over a cage corner, this lets him get an elf in and blitz the ball off the pitch. Decent throw in for the elves, TOUCHDOWN.

I receive, I push my goblin with catch up the pitch, dodge away from the marker, hit the touchline and await the pass from my highly skilled thrower. The (rerolled despite only needing 3+) throw lands nicely in the goblin's arms, spills out again as the little git 1s the catch and 1s the reroll, and bounces off the pitch. Decent throw in for the elves, couple of turns of running and passing, TOUCHDOWN. I did manage to badly hurt Eldril Sideways in there somewhere, but Azlop still couldn't find his mojo so Zoraster had a full team going into the second half.

Got some consolation injuries in the second half, but Zoraster screened his ball carriers like a boss and let the clock run down while I failed to get the ball.

That marks the second loss this season for the Storm Boyz, but we're still doing better than last season and I am sure we will bounce back. Well played, Zoraster, you thoroughly deserved the points!

Ultimate Maths Squad (Jim, human) vs Stikky Fingerz (Screwie, goblin)
    I may have strayed off my initial idea here.

Footnote: Screwie rolled about 60% ones and twos according to his program thingy. Cor.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Awesome report. A+!

And no kidding, here's the BBManager dice chart from our match:

ones.jpg
    Last edited by Screwie; 18-11-2011 at 09:34 AM.

HOT GRAPH ACTION, ONLY ON RPS

let me use capslock damn you forum

oof that is a dice nuffling.
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

Very well played mr vision! I had the tough choice of scoring in the second half or holding on till the last few turns. I was down to 8 players and so were the dark elves, but they had budweiser hotties to bring them back to their senses and my orcs had a grumpy goblin in a stolen wig. With miss s4 ag4 leaping blodge nightmare it would be pointless trying to stop her so I held onto the ball and planned to slam the dark elves into the turf and roll up to the touch down. But nuffle wouldnt have it. For every elf out an Orc followed. The mobility and agility of elves means that with dwindled numbers the orcs are always worse off so all I could do then is stop the dancers from scoring.

The game started terribly for the orcs with their head black Orc knocked out in the first block and the killer orc Gonzi out from a lucky block in the first turns that saw him badly hurt. A tough and frustrating game for the orcs who desperately needed a win to crawl up to the top spots. Alas ni amount of mighty blows tackles guards and grunts gave them numerical advantage.

To the next opponent: the Gears are hungry for blood!

Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    We made the match, though grinn was probably hoping for a replay.

The Doomsday Dancers were outclassed, outvalued, and utterly outplayed - there was very little my Dark Elves could do against the Guard, Tackle, Block, Green Horde descending down on my team.

Nothing apart from utterly suicidal blocks, dodges and passes that ended in a 1-1 with few injuries on either side, which could have been either a 2-1 or 1-2 in turn 16.

Nuffle was definitely on my side with rolls, but grinn's excellently played and scary Orcs stopped more attempts than Nuffle allowed me.

So, an exhausting 1-1 which was hard fought for on either side.

Ian!

We should be playing! When!?!

(Tomorrow would have to be on short notice, any evening next week should also work.)

Nulkigan and I ground out a 1-1 draw last night.

Lowlights were him failing to take account of the turn clock properly and not running in an assured T8 touchdown; an attritional casualty rate against my poor rats; my best linerat being hit by a rock two kick-offs in a row; and a singular failure of the Vivisectionists to steal the ball from him in attack. As it was, he held the ball for 14 turns, I for 1.

Well played, Nulkigan - I think, given the stats, you can claim the moral victory on this one. I, on the other hand, need to work on rounding out my team a little more...

Hey Duffin - I think we're supposed to have played by now, but if we can get an extension are you available sometime in the next couple days?

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Hey potatoedoughnot - sorry about the lateness of my reply, family member is in hospital so been travelling forwards and backwards all week. I should be able to play the following fo definite:

- Monday night after 9pm GMT
    - Tuesday and Wednesday I have off so barring anything coming up I should be able to play from 12-6pm GMT. I can also play a late night game like 00.00 GMT if that will help with the time difference?

No worries Duff, hope everything is going ok.

I have all this week off so scheduling shouldn't be too much trouble for me. I can do Monday at 9 GMT if that works for you. If something else is more convenient I can do after ~4PM GMT on Tues or Wed.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Quote Originally Posted by Jolima View Post
    Ian!

We should be playing! When!?!

(Tomorrow would have to be on short notice, any evening next week should also work.)
    Oh balls, in amongst all the loafing about off work I'd got my scheduled FUMBBL matches played and entirely forgotten to check whether the Open had moved on. Sorry! Can do any night this week I think so tell me what night/time suits you.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Today? At 8pm?

That works. I shall see you then. :)

I'll hang about on Steam from whenever I'm available before then so if you see me on and you're good to go early too feel free to gimme a nudge.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Not sure I deserved the slapping I got there. Not that the game was important for me anymore (I don't think), and Jolima didn't have especially excellent dice. Just the sort of relentlessly average dice that are more than enough for elves with some skills.

EDIT: My team'd be helped a bit if my fucking skinks would stop taking all the MVPs and bloating my team.

In my last 6 games my sauri and krox have four times as many touchdowns as they do MVPs. ¬_¬
    Last edited by Ian; 21-11-2011 at 09:19 PM.