Page 64 of 302 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 6021
    Alright Lowkey I believe I have added you on Steam, poke me when and if you are about even if I'm in-game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Is it next week yet? It looks like it's next week; I see a - for the match between me and that Groovy Chainsaw fella. So, Groovy, when is most convenient for your team to get CRUSHINATED by my orcs?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Hands! When would you like to finish my Elves off for good and put them out of their wretched pointy eared misery? I'm around from now until New Year basically.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    very sorry Jiiiim! Couldn't get away in the end, I think I wont be able to play until the new year, probably the second, really sorry and I understand if this is too late and ill accept the lose

nah it's fine. See you then.

MY SPLEEN!11

The Only Card You Need lost a devastating 2-0 to the unholy Pombadiers of Grinn's Gears of Mork. We averaged a cas and a KO each for the first half dozen turns, but as I was taking the casualties rather than KOs it just didn't work out. My #1 player twice rolled all skulls on the most critical of blocks, with rerolls. He was not able to fail me a third time as the second time killed him.

It's time to shuffle the deck.

There are only 3-4 players I'm going to keep into next season. I have too many instances of Dauntless/Tackle on linesmen and not enough actual skills on Ulfs/Zerks. My TV being equal to Grinn's despite him having multiple level 6 players (to my two level fours) scuppered any chance I had of keeping up with the POMB-train.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Exciting first half there Nullkigan! Was down to 7 players from KOs in the first half with Nullki's angry-naked-mans stalling the TD since they had numerical and positional advantage. A doppel coconuts from the late Number 1 saw my desperate orcs salvage a blitz, ball retrieval a few squares off the endzone and an impressive pass by Zeppi Il Hafi to Gonzi, who managed to pick himself up from a happy piling elbow in mid pitch and caught the ball with his recently mangled hand. Nullki's men were just out of running distance and Gonzi trotted up to the endzone.

The second half the cards were down a few men and although they managed to Knock Out some more orcs the evil greens got the better of them, turning the rest of the game into a wack-an-angry-man.

Sadly, the valiant Mintoff, who's saved me quite a few games recently is going to miss the first game of next season.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Hands! When would you like to finish my Elves off for good and put them out of their wretched pointy eared misery? I'm around from now until New Year basically.
    Tomorrow afternoon, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Tomorrow afternoon, maybe?
    Sure thing. What kind of time were you thinking?

Say 3pm? I'll try to be on Steam, send me a message.

Yeah no worries. Just wanted to know a vague time incase I need to go out to buy coffee, food, supplies, elves. That sort of thing.

Hi potatoedoughnut - when would you like to play our game? I can do today up to around 1.30pm GMT, Sat/Sun up to 4pm GMT or Monday up to 8pm GMT if any of those are suitable?

Since there are a lot of matches remaining because of the holidays, I just extended this round with a week. Try to get it played by Sunday the 8th, but Friday the 13th is the final deadline. (You don't want to tempt Nuffle by playing on that particular day, do you? Best get it played earlier.)

After that we have the finals, which is just one match, so that can hopefully be a short round.

Then there's next season... Please mark up in the spreadsheet if you're staying with us or not. Depending on how many remain, we may merge the divisions together again.

We'll enforce this rule for next season unless anyone objects:
    Any current team is allowed to remain, but if you take it out to perform training games or are a new joiner you must be below TV 1700 to apply. All training games must be played against an opponent who's trying to win.
    Anything else that anyone wants changed for the next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Jolima View Post
    Since there are a lot of matches remaining because of the holidays, I just extended this round with a week. Try to get it played by Sunday the 8th, but Friday the 13th is the final deadline. (You don't want to tempt Nuffle by playing on that particular day, do you? Best get it played earlier.)

After that we have the finals, which is just one match, so that can hopefully be a short round.

Then there's next season... Please mark up in the spreadsheet if you're staying with us or not. Depending on how many remain, we may merge the divisions together again.

We'll enforce this rule for next season unless anyone objects:

Anything else that anyone wants changed for the next season?
    Sounds fine by me, J-dawg.

If we remain at 2 divisions, will it remain randomly distributed as per this initial season or are we moving to an results based tiering?

Since Groovychainsaw has not responded to my post and has sneakily only sneaked onto Steam occasionally and when I wasn't looking I can only assume he is ducking me because he is a big coward and fears my orcs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Hi Pw, I'm back from most of my adventures now, should be around over the next couple of days, but at unknown times, b'cos, you know, holidays. I'll try to catch you when I'm free, if not we'll set up a formal scrap one evening next week.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Oho! There he is!
    I'll be around the next few days, give me a shout on Steam :)

Wow. Just wow.

my level 2 goblin got EATEN
    my level 4 thrower (leader, kickoff return, block) got KILLED
    Srifak, my level 5 blitzer (dodge, mighty blow, side step, tackle, block) got KILLED
    four others got badly hurt (at least two from failing go for its)
    one got a gouged eye in the first turn which I apoced because "these are orcs, they'll probably not get many injuries"
    Oh, and my troll was KO'd for most of the second half, possibly sleeping off his meal of goblin.

Ironically, a few days before the match I had been a bit concerned by my high TV and sacked my ag4 thrower for having two niggles and being injury prone.
    Now my level 4 thrower and a level 5 blitzer are dead so my TV is nice and low, and half my team got injured despite having no niggles. Nuffle loves a good laugh.

In the first half my troll double skulled and lonered the reroll at the exact wrong moment leaving Groovy with a free run at my ball carrier. He took the ball and went on to score.
    In the second half with the casualties piling up things were looking bleak when groovy tried a short pass, which scattered off the pitch. The crowd threw it back on way up near his touchline. One of my blitzers was closest and set off, then a ghoul got a hand to him. A wolf charged in, got a push/skull, took the push, frenzied, and failed his go for it, stunning himself.
    I tried to get a player in for an assist, he failed his go for it and went off badly hurt.
    The ghoul tried to dodge away and grab the ball, failed his roll, and stunned himself.

This left two small knots of players near the halfway line, and my blitzer and the ball near groovy's touchline. I had no rerolls left.
    The entire match would be decided by a 3+ pickup roll...

... which succeeded. It was quite difficult to use the mouse with my fingers crossed, but it was worth it. Either that or even Nuffle takes pity on the afflicted now and again.

edit: P.S. It was a (wholly undeserved) draw, 1-1.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 02-01-2012 at 05:30 PM.

After their tragic loss (of a chaos warrior) against an elf team last time, The Horny Goats redeemed themselves somewhat with a win via a fairly standard 2-1 grind against Laneford's high elfs. I don't think much permanent harm was done.

My favourite moment was the winning touchdown, where there was an elf in the end zone, in the square right of front of the ball-carrying beastman - one 3 dice blitz later, there was a badly hurt elf in the crowd, and a 2nd chaos touchdown.

Thanks to Laneford for the match.

Quote Originally Posted by drawlien View Post
    Hi potatoedoughnut - when would you like to play our game? I can do today up to around 1.30pm GMT, Sat/Sun up to 4pm GMT or Monday up to 8pm GMT if any of those are suitable?
    Hey Drawlien - I just now got my computer working again (PSU failed), but I am on holiday so I should be free whenever. I'll keep an eye out for you on steam. There is a good chance I will be busy tomorrow (Sat) morning and sleeping/hungover Sun morning, so I don't know if I can make a game before 4pm GMT (I'm GMT -7), but Monday should be doable all day.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High