Page 74 of 303 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 6044
    @Snoozer,

We need to get this done, methinks, else we feel the thud of Jolima's swedehammer on our tender parts.

Tuesday? Say 9pm start GMT?

Not going to be possible HT. I might be able to do tomorrow, can probably maybe definitely do Thursday, both around 8:30 GMT.

Quote Originally Posted by Indefatigible Snoozer View Post
    Not going to be possible HT. I might be able to do tomorrow, can probably maybe definitely do Thursday, both around 8:30 GMT.
    Ok, Thursday could work. Let's hook up on here during the day and see how we're set.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Me and Grinn played our season-opening match yesterday, and it went down as a pretty straightforward orc grind, 2-0 to Grinn after both halves.

I opted to receive on kickoff, hoping to cause some damage with some claws early on. An ill-considered foray down the right wing with a wolf and a wight left them trapped out there for the first 4 turns, whilst I tried to tie up the orcs (was a stupid play all round, really...). Some good 2 turn stuns saw me make a break up the left, but some steady attrition by the orcs (and none in return for me) meant I was running out of players by turn 5. An unfortunate attempt to knock down a black orc (3 2 dice blocks from players with block against a black orc with no skills resulted in 3 pushes) left me with little support upfield for my escaping wolf. An improvised cage left a gap, and Grinn popped the ball off my wolf (after 2 GFIs and a one dice block) and held it on the sideline. I shunted 2 orcs off the pitch, was rewarded by my wolf getting badly hurt (failing regenerate twice, as I used my Igor) but it wasn't enough, and with no cover in my backfield, it was an easy run in for Grinn at the end of the half. He was 2 CAS and 3 KOs to my none. My KOs got up (thanks, bloodweiser babes!) and I hit to end the half, but to no avail.

Second half, Grinn receiving, his vicious black orc and frenzied blitzer combo made inroads on my left and I wasn't able to shift them, my players were like waves crashing against the orcy rocks. I steadily got worn down until I was down to 6 players by turn 13. I almost threatened the cage with some good blocking, then obviously the coach yelled something from the sidelines. Unfortunately, most of my players failed to hear him (rotten ears, you see), but my ghoul was paying attention - he scores a swift kill on the +AG dodge sidestep orc (apo'd to badly hurt), then following turn, as Grinn runs into the corner, he sprints across and kills Grinn's thrower (accurate and block, i think?). Grinn, obviously fearing this suddenly psychotic ghoul, runs over the line in fear. Fear, i tell ya. 2 turns left, Grinn sets up deep with all his players, I bash the line and score a gouged eye on his troll. And that's about it really.

Textbook stuff from the Orcs, my team came away mostly unscathed, but with few players on the pitch at any given time, it was a slow grind to a loss, really. Grinn's team played it tight and used their skills well, they seemed to have a lot more than my team (considering the 170TV gap), with block/guard/mighty blow/piling on being a common combination on many players. My mighty blow and claws did very little all game, even though I was targeting players and getting the knockdowns (indeed, I rolled just as many block dice as Grinn, and to similar success). Grinn had slightly more luck on the casualties, but it was more a lack of higher dice rolls on the injury rolls that did for me, right up until the end, when it was too late to make any difference. Skills were key, and the D6 rolls counted. We both rolled similar number of times throughout the game (ie not many D6 rolls, both pretty conservative), but Grinn had 14/34 rolls as 6s and I had 18/40 1s. Whilst none of those rolls were critical on their own to my game, it added up to a general feeling of 'there's nothing I can do to defeat this team'. Which i think, last night, was true.
    Last edited by groovychainsaw; 08-02-2012 at 09:31 AM.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Me and Groovy played our first game yesterday. The Gears got their grind on from early turns, removing an un-regenerated Wight from the scrimmage line. There were two golden opportunities to crowd-surf the other Wight and a Werewolf but both were failed miserably by on the spot knock-downs. Groovy tried to switch his attack from the left to the right flank but was met by a wall of hastily re-deployed green. It all ground to a halt on the sidelines in the Gear's right half. Kazz Ahmar, my side-stepping lineman managed to grab hold of the ball after a blitz from Zeppi the thrower. Two orcs ended up in the crowd but Kazz managed to sprint up the sideline through a hole made by Agath-Argh-Barbara and pass to the waiting Fred-Urgh Sant. Guarded by Bima, the BO firm-stander Sant ran into the endzone.

The second half saw both teams fielding 11 players after a number of returns to the pitch from both sides. Wolfsburg suffered a number of casualties (most of which were regenerated) again and were down on the numbers enough for the Gears to take their time hunting the rest down and putting in the slam. They scored again on turn 14, but only after suffering the ire of an angry necro side, two players getting killed (Kazz Ahmar, dodge-sidestep lineman and Grotlu One-Eye, niggled KOR thrower). Kazz was saved by da Doc but Grotlu floated up to cuddle amid Mork's crusty bosom. The Gears coach shrugged at this. poor Grotlu was marked for removal as soon as Zeppi (the other thrower) got his next skill up (which he just did).

Great game groovy!

I can probably do tonight at 8:30 GMT, HT. I'll make the same offer to my DoD opponent though, so first in best dressed.

We on for tonight HT? 8:30 GMT start?

Quote Originally Posted by Indefatigible Snoozer View Post
    We on for tonight HT? 8:30 GMT start?
    Yes, indeedy.

Is the round over now (Groovy, you haven't updated the spreadsheet I would do it for you but I can't at work)?

Who am I meant to play next?!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    It was just Grinn and Groovy showing as still to play. I shall update their score in the spreadsheet before people start muttering about bricks. No idea who we are supposed to play next though.

Interestingly, nobody drew their match this round. Not even one player.

Shocking start for the Khemri, due largely to me not rebuying the rerolls i sold to rejoin the league. Khemri with 1 reroll = [insert approriately difficult thing].
    I'm actually pretty surprised that it went as well as it did, ie, only a 2-0 loss against a Skaven side who ran circles around me. One TG is out for the next game, but I killed one unskilled linerat, from which I take some small pleasure. I even came within two squares of the touch-down line with the ball, at one point, before being brutalised by that monster rat ogre.

That's the first round in on schedule then. Thanks for that. The next round is started and marked up in the spreadsheet.

mrpier, I'm playing you next. Any time that works this weekend?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Ahoy Laneford, are you up for a game tomorrow?

HughTower! When can you play from Wednesday next week?

Janek, you and I have a game to play! I've got time over the weekend apart from Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning, and I can make most evenings after 8:00 next week.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    How's Saturday at 8pm sound?

Sounds good, see you then.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Jiiim, it's my orcs versus your band of crazed mathematicians. Last time out you really had my number, I am hoping this time I can even the score and square things between us, although the odds are against me, something something something hypotenuse.

Also, when would you like to play blood bowl? If you said "Saturday, around 2 o'clock" then I am afraid I must disappoint you, for that is when my Divisions match is scheduled.
    Something something radians something quadratic something irrational numbers.

I'm on half-term holidays so, well, any time that I'm on Steam will do. This will be: most of the time. I shall be more specific if we're struggling to find such a time.

Zor - would you be up for a game around 6am your time tomorrow morning?