Page 75 of 300 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 5982
    Quote Originally Posted by drawlien View Post
    HughTower! When can you play from Wednesday next week?
    Hello sugarlips.

Next weekend sounds like the best plan, though I find the energy and a spare evening before then I'll let you know.

HT

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Dear Blood Bowl peoples!

I shall be falling off a mountain in Italy for the next seven days, apologies if this delays an orgy of fantasy sports based violence that you had planned to partake with me!

I shall be back saturday afternoon, (uk times).

Cheers!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Indefatigible Snoozer View Post
    Zor - would you be up for a game around 6am your time tomorrow morning?
    06:00 on a Sunday morning? Perfect Blood Bowling time :D I'll see you then.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    Sounds good, see you then.
    Oh bum, I didn't realise the rugby was so late today. Um. Can we do it a bit earlier or a bit later? Say 6.30pm or 10pm?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Grinn me ol' mucker, when would you like to play our game? Sunday is good for me, shall we say 1pm?

Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    Oh bum, I didn't realise the rugby was so late today. Um. Can we do it a bit earlier or a bit later? Say 6.30pm or 10pm?
    6:30 will be fine.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Ultimate Maths Squad (Jiiim, Humies) vs Storm Boyz (Pres. Weasel, Orcs)

A solid, meaty, satisfying clash, like a hearty stew or a good steak and kidney pie.

Jiim's human team is packed with block and guard, and anchored by their guard ogre they were able to give as good as they got in a first half which was pretty much a shoving match. A good, competent shoving match though, not one of those lower league ones where both teams just sort of jostle about at random; this was championship-level shoving. Neither team could get a numerical advantage (insert maths joke here): I managed to give a -STR to one mathematician which was apoced to -AGI, and Azlop retired badly hurt.
    The ball was on the ground once or twice but the orcs could never keep enough bodies round it to keep it safe; Jiim's catcher made a break for safety with the ball; my blitzer shoved him to the line and stood there guarding him; he dodged free (4+ 3+, with dodge, eminently doable) and scored in turn 6.
    The ref stole a turn from me in a dodgy riot roll (boo, shenanigans). My attempt at a one turner stalled when the troll dropped the goblin and KO'd him. This is an improvement, since the last one turner I attempted saw the previous goblin becoming a late-game snack for the troll. On the other hand, the troll has block as well as guard and stand firm which makes him a genius amongst trolls, so if he wants to eat the occasional goblin I will happily keep buying them.

At the beginning of the second half my troll used his block skill to knock the ogre over (and I immediately ordered another goblin and a barrel of barbecue sauce). Then I got 4 assists round him and fouled him off the pitch and into the badly hurt box.
    The absence of the troll, coupled with the need to try to stop our drive, coupled with the slightly crappier armour of the humans and my attempts to punch with every single player every turn, started to take its toll. I got a human or two off the side, and one or two more went down after hits and didn't get back up.

Jiim still almost managed to sneak a victory, but this time the blitzer that hunted his ball carrier had more supports, and didn't mess about with pansy push rolls. POW!, and the ball carrier is seeing stars. Push! and the other human isn't standing over the ball. Pick up! and the orc thrower has the ball, and Unexpectedly competent pass! sees it land in the agile hands of Urgroth Eat'Skulls, the AG4 black orc.
    Unlike the last abortive attempt at a breakaway with that orc, Jiim wasn't able to muster two humans with guard to support his blitzer. This time one lone brave human charged Urgroth, and rolled skull/push, rerolled to skull/push. I chose skull, then walked the ball in for a turn 16 touchdown.

The ref didn't mess with the clock again, so the match ended 1-1. Probably a deserved result, although Jiim came close to nicking the match off me for the second time in a row. Looking forwards to the writeup.

Also, as of 1755 UK-o-time on Saturday 11th Feb, The Ultimate Maths Squad and the Storm Boyz stand proudly in joint first place in the league. All others are number three, or lower.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 11-02-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    06:00 on a Sunday morning? Perfect Blood Bowling time :D I'll see you then.
    Ok, see you in the game.

Ultimate Maths Squad (Jim, Humans) 1-1 Storm Boyz (Weasel, Orcs)

Match report -> http://www.mediafire.com/?3ew3o8vpt92ogut <- Link!

Sing along at home!

I hurt my team today,
    By playing Weasel's orcs,
    I focus on the pain,
    to put in this report,

Receiving, make a hole,
    That old familiar scheme,
    Try to throw it far away,
    But I forgot about the Greenz,

God What have you done,
    You orcish fiend,
    All this mighty blow
    and I can hear Hardy's screams,

And you don't have the ball,
    My 1-0 is a cert,
    then I will hunt you down,
    I will make you hurt,

I bear this foul of yours,
    Upon my ogre's head,
    The apo long since used,
    At least he isn't dead,

Beneath the strains of time,
    My players disappear,
    You are somewhere else,
    I've got five guys left here,

God what have you done,
    You orcish fiend,
    All this mighty blow
    and I can hear Hilbert's screams,

and you now have the ball,
    My team's in the dirt,
    Get up when we're down,
    Try to make you hurt,

And when we start again,
    I'll throw it far away,
    But I will get you back,
    I will find a way
    Last edited by Jiiiiim; 02-03-2012 at 04:11 PM.

That is Jiiiiimtastic.

hey lowk, I cant make Sunday. Could we try for some time during the week at night, say 9pm Uk time ?

G

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Grinn me ol' mucker, when would you like to play our game? Sunday is good for me, shall we say 1pm?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Sounds good, can do any evening except tuesday

Another disappointing outing for my decaying boys, with Zor's entire team of MBPO monsters tearing through my undead mans as if they were wrapped in paper (which several of them are...). The Norse had also clearly also worn their adamantium loin clothes, since I only managed 3 CAS, vs the Norse's 8 (plus numerous stuns and KOs). A miraculous number of regen rolls, however, saved at least two of my best players from death and serious injury. And, a silver lining, another skeleton joined two of his team mates by rolling +str on his level up. So that's 4 Str 5 guys, and 3 str 4 guys, giving an average team strength of a nice round 4.

Still, the team is feeling the hole this season where Man Pointing in Two Directions used to be. We miss you, Two-Point.

Time to feel the Love Chainsawhands! Monday evening 7:30 ish any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Indefatigible Snoozer View Post

Still, the team is feeling the hole this season where Man Pointing in Two Directions used to be. We miss you, Two-Point.
    I don't. This team of ancient Egyptian steroid freaks is bad enough without him.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    I don't. This team of ancient Egyptian steroid freaks is bad enough without him.
    Aww, they're pussycats really.

Just try to catch them on a day when they have 1 reroll and run around them...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prester John View Post
    Time to feel the Love Chainsawhands! Monday evening 7:30 ish any good?
    8 would be better.

And at a stroke Jiiiiim rendered all written reports obsolete. Bravo sir.

Janek and I played our game last night, finished up 1-0 to him. The damage was pretty impressive, I think the gobbos actually outnumbered the necro's by the end of the match - all that was left was a Wight, a Ghoul and a handful of zombies. Some tight defending meant I could never break away, and while most of the necro's casualties were KOs most of mine were injuries, including a MNG and a dead. With only 10k winnings I can't actually field a full squad for the next game (despite the strength 1 gobbo making a triumphant return), which is going to make managing the secret weapons interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    8 would be better.
    eight is good for me too

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    So Prester John and I tried to play our game last night, but on turn... 12 I think, Sigh-anide struck again and we got a network synch failure. We're going to try to replay it at some point, and if not we thought a 2-1 to me would be a fair result (it was 1-1 at the time, with me receiving and only 8 welfs left).
    Last edited by ChainsawHands; 14-02-2012 at 01:08 PM.