Page 89 of 303 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 6044
    AG 3 skeleton would catch and dodge on a 3+

anyway the SAMBA ACTION CALCULATOR -> http://elyoukey2.phpnet.org/sac/

reckons that would be 14.06% with a team reroll

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Got five skillups from my match against Niea7, it was a quite onesided match as his goblins couldn't do anything right. At the end I think there was only two trolls and the pogoer left on the pitch. Match ended 4-0 to my high elves.

Not mentioned in above report: Ripper killing himself on a 3 dice block, chainsaw loony KO'ing self on first use despite re-roll, first bribe failing, 3 failed 1TTDs despite using a re-roll for each, 4 failed KO recoveries despite babe. I'll be honest, it wasn't a vintage match as far as I was concerned.

On the plus side every serious injury was on a mercenary or star player, but that was about as good as it got.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Hi Laneford, as I didn't see you free last night, how's sunday morning sound? I'll try to catch you before then on steam, but if not, then will that work as a backstop?
    Hey groovy, helpfully O2 have decided to break all the Internet in our flat since last Thursday... I'm going to attempt to go buy one of those mobile broadband USB dongle things, no idea if that will be viable for BB or not, but I'll keep you posted, assuming, I can get back online. Sorry!

(unless I've already missed the deadline in which case no worries :( )

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    We'll me and the boss man are still waiting to play our game

Me and Duff played our game yesterday night. We started at 00.30 my time so I'm a bit hazy on the details of the match, but it went something like this:

Gears of Mork choose to kick to the Skinkinators, the newly trained kicker-lino on the team excited to be off the LOS for the first time in six seasons. He places the ball exactly as desired - a few squares away from the mid-point line on the opposite flank to the larger congregation of Sauri. The initial bashing starts and the Gears' thrower, caught in the wrong spot by a lapsed set-up timer and an indecisive and drunken Kowc, gets surfed on turn 1. Nice job Kowc!

After some pushing and shoving turns the Skinkinators fail a re-rolled dodge from a skink (that was the first move in the turn) and the Gears capitalize by pushing into the blue-mans half. A few turns of pushing, shoving and blue-mans sent off-field by orcs with issues see the Gears' star carrier Agatha Barbara pick up the ball and sprint to the endzone. A Sauro breaks free from the melee and manages to take Agatha down, however. More bashing confusion and eventually a noob skink manages to grab the ball from under the guarding Mintoff's tackly hands and dodge away to relative safety. The hand-off is made to a sprinty skinky in the next turn and sprinty does a stunty chain of dodges to get himself deep into the Gears' barren half.

The Gears put on little resistance and sprinty-boy scores. 1-0 to the Skinkinators with three turns left for the Gears to equalize and have a chance to win.

The Skinkinators kick to the middle of the Gears' half. The Gears punch a hole in the blue-wall and rush up with all their blitzers and a lineman in the Skinkinators' half. Skinkinators' coach hisses for a Sauro-skink column screen and the Gears are pretty much corralled in by a scaly half-moon. Zeppi il-Hafi (Zeppi the Barefoot - notorious Maltese assassin - figured I ll start translating the orcy Maltese names from now) runs up to Mintoff (ex Maltese PM known for his brass balls and giant buckle) who dodge through a diagonal gap left by two Sauri and runs the ball into the endzone on turn 7.

The Gears receive and start their slow grindy-bashy move upfield. There are as many blue-mans off the pitch as there are on the pitch by turn 12, but Da Kowc threatens to take the victory orcy-gals to his hotel room if da boyz score before turn 16. So the cage moves back, then left, then back then left then up again amidst the constant breaches from angry-Sauri. Slowly the Gears grind out the blue men until Agatha Barbara (Malta's version of Margaret Thatcher) languidly strides into the end-zone.

2-1 to the Gears. The Gears suffer a -1MV (averted from death) on Zibel (rubbishman) and inflict a death on a slightly leveled skink.

Great game Duff and thanks for playing late.
    Last edited by grinn; 02-04-2012 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    AG 3 skeleton would catch and dodge on a 3+

anyway the SAMBA ACTION CALCULATOR -> http://elyoukey2.phpnet.org/sac/

reckons that would be 14.06% with a team reroll
    Dodge on 3+, sure, but AG 3 receiving a hand-off while standing in one tackle zone would be 4+, correct?

Yeah I missed the tacklezone info. YOU WIN.

Does anyone know how much bandwith a game of Blood Bowl would be expected to use?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    -- POINT OF ORDER --

I know nothing about Chaos Dwarfs other than they sound cool.
    Therefore I wish to enter a Chaos Dwarf team into the Open, when the Chaos Edition is released (Sept 6th?).

Normal service can now be resumed
    -------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    Yeah I missed the tacklezone info. YOU WIN.
    Hmm, that's a handy-dandy odds calculator. I reran the sequence and it comes out at 9.431% (including 17% chance of intercept). Not to bad for my shambling men.

Chaos Dwarves are Bastards.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    You mean AWESOME. I, too, call dibs _

(On the assumption, of course, that they don't bloody try releasing a third consecutive game at full price when we're only just reaching a feature-complete version)

Normal to Legendary wasn't too bad as normal was a good game on its own and Legendary introduced something like 15 new races. 3 new races is less compelling, especially considering Slann aren't one of them :(

Ok, Groovy. I haf a USB mobile broadband thingy, and I can use 250mb a day... it seems quite fast, but I have no idea if it's good enough for BB.

Either way, I am around all tomorrow and wednesday, but then I'm going away until the following wednesday I'm afraid... :(

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    We'll me and the boss man are still waiting to play our game
    Right. Tomorrow at 8 pm perhaps?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Can do! Words to pass minimum word count

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Hi Laneford, assuming the dongle stands up (pfnarr) - Weds, 8pm sounds good if that works?
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Internet has been fixed now, so anytime Wednesday should be good.

Apologies for the lack of pun in that previous post.

I am sad we will not be able to play with my dongle together.