Page 97 of 302 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 6021
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post

--------------------------
    So yeah, that's pretty much what happened. I maimed the rats good and proper, especially in the second half, but they were already 2 touchdowns up from their blitz and their "let him think he's got a chance of scoring, then knock it out of bounds, then wheech it the whole length of the pitch for a touchdown". They received first in the second half, killed a lineorc, and then ran in a one turner.
    I concentrated on hurting rats after that. Don't think I managed a single stat injury though, boo.

On the plus side, a quick check of Hughtower's team shows 4 of his team are sitting out the next match, including one who's picked up a back niggle. At least they know they were in a fight.
    'Twas definitely bloody and fun. Two of those MNGs are Billy and my star 'vermin which will be hard to replace but I'm almost certain my strategic genius and marriage ties with Nuffle's second cousin-in-law will see me through.

Did at least Billy win the CAS war against Azlop? The big guy got two over 8 turns so on a {meaningless} pro rata metric, he must have done. Surely.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I think the 8 casualties you suffered were 3 from failed dodges and GFIs and 5 throughout my team. 2 from my troll, and at least one from a mighty blow Black Orc. So I'm pretty sure Billy won the casualties over time war.
    However if you want to measure it on casualties caused over casualties taken, Azlop didn't take any casualties and Billy's benched for the next game :)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    CAS rolls proved the difference as the Garfighters maintained the 100% record going into the final game of their nightmare run of fixtures next round. A 1-0 triumph in a blizzard that could have been very different had any skinks been on the field for much of the game. I also had the good fortune to take out the Break Tackle bar the Krox who was lured into the corner and pinned with a Fender as I stalled out.

The first half was a bit of a mare for the most part, but crucially the skinks were all off the pitch so I was pretty comfortable anyway. The Snow Troll spent the first 5 or 6 turns failing every wild animal roll but I did manage to break away with the ball with some cheesy AG4 dice defying action, only to suffer a deserved GFI failure with a 1 rerolled to 2 in the snow ending the half 0-0.

Second half saw the Lizards pretty hopelessly tied up and I stalled out the half trying to eliminate enough players to render the one turner impossible. There was one dicey moment when the Krox managerd to find the POW yet again on the BC but the lack of skinks told again despite a pretty good throw for the lizards. Only one skink made the KO roll after the score and Duff didn't even bother getting him in scoring range to try a bit of Krox ball to get the ball in his hands... the way the game had gone he'd have almost certainly killed the skink on a GFI even if the chain pishes and ball play had come off :)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    As that was the last game I've rolled the week and marked up the fixtures for Jol, so blame me if there are any errors. I haven't changed the deadline as I'm never sure what it will be :)

So Grinn, your unbeaten record takes on my 100% so something has to give... I've got my parents coming up here on friday so this weekend is probably a non-starter. Next week is currently open up to 20:00 BST each day.
    Last edited by Zoraster; 25-04-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Alright Jolima when do you want to get mathed?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Laneford, old pal, let's do a Blood Bowl.

Prester John: I like long walks on the beach, cats and early Saturday/Sunday morning Khemri ball. Are you also so inclined? If so, I think we could make short and bloody music together.

I have a prediction for our game. My thro-ra just hit lvl 6, and, wonder of wonders, rolled my third team +AG increase. So, one of two things will happen in our game:
    1. He will fail a GFI on his first turn, fall over, and die.
    2. He will pass the ball in a semi-competent manner.

The oracle has spoken.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    NieA7, we are due to face! Shall we have a goblin-vs-goblin double bill, back-to-back at the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    Alright Jolima when do you want to get mathed?
    Saturday? Around 10:03 am?

(Most of the weekend works.)

Also: Thanks Zo.

I don't know if my mind can take the sheer awesome of two gobbo games back to back, but there's only one way to be sure. Should be free most weekend, I'll leave steam up to arrange something.

Holy crap snooze-man, i need to hire you for my skill rolls!! Have never seen as many str and ag boosts on a team!

Quote Originally Posted by Indefatigible Snoozer View Post
    Prester John: I like long walks on the beach, cats and early Saturday/Sunday morning Khemri ball. Are you also so inclined? If so, I think we could make short and bloody music together.

I have a prediction for our game. My thro-ra just hit lvl 6, and, wonder of wonders, rolled my third team +AG increase. So, one of two things will happen in our game:
    1. He will fail a GFI on his first turn, fall over, and die.
    2. He will pass the ball in a semi-competent manner.

The oracle has spoken.

Hey Zoraster, we finally meet! It's been a long time coming this clash of ours ;p

I m away on the 2nd and 3rd this week. Tuesday have another match and monday work dinner. Could we make this Sunday? Don't have anything planned yet so any time could work.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    As that was the last game I've rolled the week and marked up the fixtures for Jol, so blame me if there are any errors. I haven't changed the deadline as I'm never sure what it will be :)

So Grinn, your unbeaten record takes on my 100% so something has to give... I've got my parents coming up here on friday so this weekend is probably a non-starter. Next week is currently open up to 20:00 BST each day.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    If you don’t mind risking me potentially messing you around we could target 16:30 BST Sunday. I’d normally say I’m not available as there is a risk I’ll have to stand you up.

I have an evening commitment so it all depends on what time my parents head home. It is a long old drive for my father these days so they will leave before dinner but it is touch and go if it will be early enough. I’m sure you’ll appreciate I’m not going to be chivvying them out the door so I can play a computer game :)

Alright Jolima I will SEE YOU THEN.

*ponders how best to spend inducements*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Played my match against Drawlien yesterday, my insufferable High Elfs against his Amazon pastries. Suffice to say I got badly trounced and outplayed. I think I had slightly below average luck on my rolls especially on a couple of dodge rolls and made a few mistakes, especially in the second half, but I never felt that it would have made much difference if everything had gone without a hitch anyway. So 3-0 to drawlien in a very well executed match by him.

Edit: Any tips on how to skill up my +1ST, +1MV, dodge catcher?
    Last edited by mrpier; 27-04-2012 at 08:31 AM.

Hey Zoraster, I understand the squeeze. If you're not sure it might be better to find another time as I would have stayed home just for the bloodbowl. Unless you can play later on that sunday.

Otherwise, I forgot to ask if you can play during the day on monday? I could actually find some time in the morning for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    If you don’t mind risking me potentially messing you around we could target 16:30 BST Sunday. I’d normally say I’m not available as there is a risk I’ll have to stand you up.

I have an evening commitment so it all depends on what time my parents head home. It is a long old drive for my father these days so they will leave before dinner but it is touch and go if it will be early enough. I’m sure you’ll appreciate I’m not going to be chivvying them out the door so I can play a computer game :)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Under those circumstances Grinn I’d definitely say not to go for Sunday. My availability is akin to an AG3 dodge. Should come off but you’d be a fool to trust it.

Monday I’ll be catching up on the backlog caused by not working today and the weekend so I’ve not got anything in the diary. From a personal point of view I’d rather something around lunchtime if you could do it to break up my day a bit, but there is nothing to stop a morning game. 07:00 BST?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Edit: Any tips on how to skill up my +1ST, +1MV, dodge catcher?
    Hmm...

Block, just to be extra hard to knock him over?

Or Sprint for the 1TTD?

Monday at 7am bst/ 8am Copenhagen time should work. Funny how I don't ever commit to meetings before 10 but happy to wake up early for blood bowl.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grinn View Post
    Monday at 7am bst/ 8am Copenhagen time should work. Funny how I don't ever commit to meetings before 10 but happy to wake up early for blood bowl.
    I am the same, actually. The reason is I can Bloodbowl naked, while most Meetings will frown upon this.

I also now have psychological advantage over my next three Bloodbowl-Opponents.

I'd also like to rejoin the Open again next season - not sure what team yet. Tempted to give Dwarfs a whirl, but will need to play some up first.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.