Page 98 of 303 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 6044
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Low Key: I guess we should get organised, um, any time at the weekend or after about 6pm UK time during the week. Go!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Dont think ill be free this weekend my good man, shall we say 8 monday night?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Indefatigible Snoozer View Post
    Prester John: I like long walks on the beach, cats and early Saturday/Sunday morning Khemri ball. Are you also so inclined? If so, I think we could make short and bloody music together.

I have a prediction for our game. My thro-ra just hit lvl 6, and, wonder of wonders, rolled my third team +AG increase. So, one of two things will happen in our game:
    1. He will fail a GFI on his first turn, fall over, and die.
    2. He will pass the ball in a semi-competent manner.

The oracle has spoken.
    Mornings are difficult, mainly due to my two year old liking to press keys randomly whilst i'm on my puter... and the wife questioning whether playing BB really counts as parental supervision. It works for me but i lose that argument!
    Any evening cept friday after 7ish works for me.

I predict much pain for my Elves, poor things.

Something to ponder, Gents. Pythagoras rolled a double five on his skills today. What can I add to Block/Sure Hands/Pass/Accurate/Nerves of Steel/Kickoff return to make him extra awesome?

Considering Dodge, Strong Arm, and plain old safe throw. Also I could add back the point of movement that he lost about thirty games ago.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Dump off, fend, any of the skills you mentioned, leader.
    Pretty sure you still pay full price for a stat up even if you've got a corresponding stat minus, so the +mov might bloat your TV. Could still be worth it though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Laneford, old pal, let's do a Blood Bowl.
    Sunday any good for your killer orcs sir?

Sunday evening is pen and paper roleplay time, Sunday afternoon would work. 3 ish?

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    When's the next season kicking off? I have a team entered in the Divisions of Death but would be cool to get one into the Open as well (I think I might have accidentally applied to join this already in BBLE).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Still 8-9 matches left, about halfway through, so probably a good two or three months to go.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Plenty of time to train a team up!

Sunday evening is pen and paper roleplay time, Sunday afternoon would work. 3 ish?
    Should be fine with me.

On the spreadsheet it lists unused races - are these races no one has picked or races that arent being used?

They are just the ones that no one has used yet, so they're the most preferred ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolima View Post
    They are just the ones that no one has used yet, so they're the most preferred ones.

Will be more like half three if that's ok.

Hi guys. I'm hoping to put a team into the open next season and was looking at what was available. Can I put my name down for Delfs or is it just a free for all on race picks? I'm going to start training a team up in the challenge league and would hate to spend ages on a team to find out i couldn't use it. Should I train several teams up just in case?

I'd suggest playing the Divisions first. They're a short-form league (a season lasts three weeks) whereas the Open lasts ages.

Gerald Throwington sighed, and prepared to go over it again.

"Listen, when you get the, what did you call it, 'ball thing', over the, 'line thing', you get a... Azlop?"

Azlop beamed. He knew this one. "One of dem touchdown things!" he said, proud of his hard-won knowledge of Blood Bowl, gained through 36 matches of bashing people in the face and then jumping on them.

"Right! Well done, Azlop. Now, why do we want 'touchdown things'?"

The room was silent. The Orcs shuffled their feet and looked at one another. Then veteran Black Orc line-monster Badruk Smashbrainz raised his hand, shyly. "Is it cos... then we get to line up again, and they has to stand next to us, and then they can try to hit us, but then we gets to hit them back?"

The orcs nodded their heads. They liked the 'hitting them back' part. Making the victims line up again was probably worth all that arseing about with the ball thing, now you put it that way.

"No!" said Gerald, despairingly. "It's because whoever scores the most touchdowns wins the game!"

The orcs looked at each other. Then they looked at Azlop. Azlop put his arm around Gerald's shoulders and said "Are you sure, boss? I mean, we've been doing this a long time. THis is the first time anyone's made a fuss about these touchdown things.
    Listen, you know the chants, right? The ones our fans sing? There's "We are the orcs"* and "smash em in the face!"** and my favourite one "Kill all the elves and jump up and down on their bodies"***. I never heard any orcs sing anything like "score a numerically superior amount of touchdowns and win the game, ra ra ra!""

"RAA! RAA!" sang Einstein the Troll, happily. Everyone jumped a little, but it didn't seem to be the precursor to a killing spree so they went back to watching the conversation.

"You may have a point there, Azlop, but the other teams care about scoring more touchdowns than us!"

"Yeah, but we don't. Why should we give a stuff if they think they won, if their star player will never walk again? Far as we're concerned, it's the number of casualties what decides who wins. The fans agree with us too, our matches are always sold out"

"But I care, Azlop. I don't want some poxy elf wanker thinking he's won the match just because they can throw and catch the ball thing and get it over the line".

"Well, you're the best quarter bash we've ever had who hasn't been brutally murdered yet by another team, so if you really want us to score more of them touchdown things than the other buggers, we'll give it a go. As long as we still get to beat the crap out of them along the way..."

"Right then, boyz. It's poncy elfs today so the plan is simple. We stop them scoring touchdowns. We hurt them a lot. Then we brush aside the pitiful few who are left and win the match 1-0".

The Storm Boyz nodded happily, and prepared to take the field.

--------------------------------------------

* the classic chant "We are the Orcs" goes thusly:
    "We are the Orcs!
    We are the Orcs!
    We are the Orcs!
    (repeat)

**that's the one that goes:
    "Smash em in the face!
    RA RA RAAA
    Kick em in the nads!
    RA RA RAAA
    Knock em all down and then stamp on their heads!"
    (repeat)

*** a true high point of Orc culture, this chant is sung at every blood bowl match (regardless of the opponents) and whenever two or more orcs are gathered together for any occasion.
    The lyrics are exactly as you'd expect.

The Storm Boyz trooped cheerfully back into their dressing room.

"We got two of dem touchdowns boss! And dey only got two. Is that more or less than us?"
    -"It's exactly the same, Badruk. It was what they call a 'draw'. You did very well today, boyz. That last touchdown, with a handoff and a pass, after it looked like the elfs had stolen the ball and were about to go 3-1 up? That was beautiful"

"Sorry we couldn't stop them scoring, they was dodging all over the place like, like, like elfs. And they got two of them "quick snaps" in a row, and one of their elfs ran the whole length of the half in one turn!"
    "then he fell over, hurr hurr"
    "yeah but he still scored next turn"
    -"don't worry Boyz, you did good. I'm proud of you. And even Einstein got a touchdown!"

------------------------------------------------
    Storm Boyz 2, Lanefords High Elves 2. And yes, my troll got a touchdown.
    The opposition also took 3 casualties and 7KOs from a team of 11 players, yet still somehow managed to have 6 players on the field at the end. And through sheer ridiculous dodgery they almost stole the game at the last minute, but we got the ball back and elfballed an equaliser.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 29-04-2012 at 05:18 PM.