Golf game recommendations requested

Golf is the only sport I got into through playing in computer game form, but games seem to be a little thin on the ground right now. The most recent I can find (as download anyway) is Tiger Woods 2008. Does anyone know if this is a good iteration, or are there other games worth looking at?

I fear there is little to choose from. The PC versions of the Tiger Woods games are meant to be rather poor in comparison to their console equivalents so I wouldn't look there. Instead it seems that there has been a move towards free to play stuff with both Tiger Woods Online and WGT. Probably worth giving both of those a try.

The only one I know of is EA's experimental Tiger Woods online.

I can't vouch for it myself but it's free to play so just whack in a disposable email address and check it out.

RPS also mention it here and here.

Yeah, I've felt that about the PGA franchise too. Odd, as the PC ought to be well-suited to golf.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Small self-promotion, but Shot Online (at least the European version) is said to be quite a good game by other people not working here, but make up your own mind - it's free to try.

Have a google for Tour Golf Online, but we didn't release much info yet apart from some screenshots. ;)
    My games-related Twitter: VexingVision

Currently playing: Hearthstone; Blood Bowl; Wizardry 8; Dominions 4
    Currently waiting for: Wildstar; Darkest Dungeon

Sorry to not be answering your question, really, but does anyone remember this?

http://www.golfquestionmark.com/

I played it years ago (online, too) and it was great fun, quirky. I enjoy the way that you have to move to your ball after you've hit it. Stopped being developed ages ago, though, as far as I can tell.

Oh, yes, the caddys are alcoholic Roosevelts (I think) that are sat on floating stools, and your head can be a teapot.

edit: I just downloaded it again and it's brilliant fun. We should get a MP game going if anyone else fancies it.
    Last edited by TimA; 14-07-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    www.golfquestionmark.com/ I'd missed that post somehow, but its rather good so worth a double post.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 14-07-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by ComradePenguin View Post
    I fear there is little to choose from. The PC versions of the Tiger Woods games are meant to be rather poor in comparison to their console equivalents so I wouldn't look there.
    I never played the console versions but I always found the games alot of fun. Will be reinstalling as soon as I get my new pc.

Quote Originally Posted by TimA View Post
    edit: I just downloaded it again and it's brilliant fun. We should get a MP game going if anyone else fancies it.
    Just played this for the first time and it was excellent fun. Would be very much up for some MP.

Would love a good golf game with a course designer. Whatever happened to those?
    "You go up to a man, and you say, "How are things going, Joe?" and he says, "Oh fine, fine — couldn't be better." And you look into his eyes, and you see things really couldn't be much worse. When you get right down to it, everybody's having a perfectly lousy time of it, and I mean everybody. And the hell of it is, nothing seems to help much." - Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Yes! Golfquestionmark was fantastic. I would certainly be up for some games of it as it was before I had the internet so had to play on my lonesome.

I'm going to sound like an idiot, but wii golf is quite fun, I've never participated in real golf so take it for what it is worth.
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

Network Hub Peter Radiator Full Pig's Avatar
    I came to this thread just to recommend Gold? only to have been beaten to the tee. Darn it all to heck.

We are still working on Golf?, but in the meantime play our hockey game: http://crypticsea.blogspot.com/2011/06/hockey.html

Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    The only one I know of is EA's experimental Tiger Woods online.

/obligatory

The Mario Golf games are pretty awesome. Real golf could stand to learn a thing or two.

Activated Node
    I gave in and just got Tiger Woods on the PS3 and play using Move.

Mr. Austin, you have made far too many <i>amazing</i> game prototypes, and nowhere near enough finished releases (that can then be sold for the monies). You cannot have every icecream flavour at once! Life only affords you two scoops of time.

The best golfing game of all time is Super Stickman Golf on the iPad. No, I'm not kidding.