Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node

Metro 2033 is free.

You need to like THQ's Facebook page to get the code which can then be redeemed on Steam. This is their Facebook page. The event's going to run till the 16th.

http://www.polygon.com/2012/12/11/37...ree-metro-2033

Not being a resident of the countries that this offer is for, I'm in a bit of a pickle. Could anyone who already owns the game be kind enough to send a key my way?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Oh it was always free.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    http://www.humblebundle.com/

Practically free already there.

Seems THQ is doing a big pre marketing push for the sequel Get 2033 in more people's hands for cheap.

Network Hub
    It's already pretty much free as part of the humble bundle. Why not just buy it there for as little as you please?

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    You need to like THQ's Facebook page to get the code which can then be redeemed on Steam. This is their Facebook page. The event's going to run till the 16th.

http://www.polygon.com/2012/12/11/37...ree-metro-2033

Not being a resident of the countries that this offer is for, I'm in a bit of a pickle. Could anyone who already owns the game be kind enough to send a key my way?
    Um...have you heard of this thing called the humble THQ bundle? Pay at least $1 and get Metro 2033 along with a whole bunch of other fantastic games, rather than arsing around with this.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well, I don't own a credit card so I have to make all my purchases via retail anyway.

@karthink Aye, there's a new Last Light gameplay video out too.
    Last edited by Shane; 11-12-2012 at 04:59 PM.

I don't have a facebook account, could anyone who already owns it get it for me, please thank you? There's no way I'll be buying a game I won't be able to play, but for free I can at least try.

Banned
    More THQ desperation?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    More THQ desperation?
    Yes, they really should just give up all hope and close up shop. That would be for the best.

If they give out their whole catalogue for free, then they have my permission to close.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    I don't have a facebook account, could anyone who already owns it get it for me, please thank you? There's no way I'll be buying a game I won't be able to play, but for free I can at least try.
    Spend 5 minutes to make a facebook account. It doesn't even have to be your name. Hell, if you are really afraid of facebook spam, use a throwaway email or just set up a filter to send anything with the word "facebook" in it to your spam folder.

I have two facebook accounts. The one I use to socialize with friends who refuse to use emails, google chat, or google+. And the one I use for syncing with Steam and all the other fun offers and unlocks.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Yes, they really should just give up all hope and close up shop. That would be for the best.
    Hardly. Ignoring all of the people who would lose their jobs, THQ are doing a great job of building up good-will, and we're benefiting from that.

*edit*

I do however find it completely baffling that THQ are giving Metro away for free while the humble bundle is on. I find it equally baffling that people are asking on a forum for someone to go and retrieve a free Metro key for them, being unwilling to spend $1/create a facebook account.
    Last edited by qizarate; 11-12-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by qizarate View Post
    Hardly. Ignoring all of the people who would lose their jobs, THQ are doing a great job of building up good-will, and we're benefiting from that.
    You're not good at picking up sarcasm are you?

Ah I shouldn't be so tough, you look new around here. I was being entirely fictitious with my statement in response to Mohor who has a habit of saying very silly things around here. I completely agree what THQ are doing a great job of drumming up good-will and interest in their games and I strongly believe this and the humble bundle they've put out are two great ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    You're not good at picking up sarcasm are you?

Ah I shouldn't be so tough, you look new around here. I was being entirely fictitious with my statement in response to Mohor who has a habit of saying very silly things around here. I completely agree what THQ are doing a great job of drumming up good-will and interest in their games and I strongly believe this and the humble bundle they've put out are two great ideas.
    Hah, yeah, sorry about that. I've seen some completely sincere comments made to that effect, believe it or not.

Incidentally, i think you meant that you were being facetious...

Quote Originally Posted by qizarate View Post
    Hah, yeah, sorry about that. I've seen some completely sincere comments made to that effect, believe it or not.

Incidentally, i think you meant that you were being facetious...
    I prefer the term waggish

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Oh it was always free.
    Actually, liking something on facebook is much less than free. That's a cost I'd not usually bother with... but as I've lost all care on facebook I don't care to tarnish it's pages with my mouseclicks.

That's the first time I've been on facebook in weeks. I thought they de-activated your account after a while or something. Was I lied to?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    They NEVER deactivate your account. They may reserve the privileged to take over your identity after 3 weeks though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Well, I don't own a credit card so I have to make all my purchases via retail anyway.

@karthink Aye, there's a new Last Light gameplay video out too.
    Programmers in charge of story and writing as usual.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 11-12-2012 at 08:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Labbes View Post
    If they give out their whole catalogue for free, then they have my permission to close.
    ... their punishment must be more severe than doling out free Metro? :-)