Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Skill Combination Focus - Post Your Players

Hey, I thought it might be fun to post some screens of your players that might have a crazy combination of skills - whether its a lethal basher, a ball-stripper, or a touchdown magnet.

I'll start.

The Stone of Triumph. He finally got to level 3 and I was all set for some mighty blow action, but, alas, he doubled once again and the temptation was too much.

Nothing too fancy, but it sure is nice to be able to use him without worrying about a reroll (my chainsaw takes them up way too often).

So, show me what wonderful creations you've got

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    Nothing too fancy, but it sure is nice to be able to use him without worrying about a reroll (my chainsaw takes them up way too often).
    Very nice... grab is incredibly useful for your fanatic as well, so you can maximise the number of opponents in front of him and increase the likelihood of a hit (especially remembering that even prone players have to make another armour roll if hit).

My obscenely lucky Tomb Guardian, Hutchai Bithhor-Tefeni. Not content with rolling a double on his first level, and naturally grabbing Block, he managed to score a double-6 next level and achieved ST6.

He hits stuff. He's a superb roadblock as it requires a lot to get a 2D Block on him, and having Block removes that annoyance with Tomb Guardians that even 1D Blocks can knock them over half the time. He gets 3D Blocks on standard linemen with just a single assist, so can generally throw his weight around nicely. He's missing Mighty Blow so isn't quite as dangerous injury-wise than the other 3 Tomb Guardians (Who all do have Mighty Blow) but arguably the higher ST means he makes more successful blocks. The stats from the 2 matches he's played in since getting +ST however show that's not the case. Stupid dice.

Painfully slow levelling of Tomb Guardians, as MVP seems to land on my Skeletons more often than not, means it's going to be a while before he picks up some more useful things.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    You also have all the money in the world I see. All the Khemri teams I have played have lost players almost as fast as I could afford to buy them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    In my last game in the OCC I played against an orc team with an blitzer called Sriruk. Sriruk had the following skills:

Block, +ag, +ag, tackle, leap

Yes, an orc team with an AG5 leaping tackling blitzer. The guy was everywhere - he did all the hitting (he was the team's only tackler), he did the ball recovery, he scored his team's only touchdown and he nearly won the game with a late-game long pass.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'll start with nothing special, but something pretty damn annoying. He gets injured almost every game but is bloody handy to tie down the ball carrier for an extra turn.

Next is any passing teams nightmare:

And lastly my skaven teams star player, with 28 casualties caused and 2 kills:

I reallllllly want claw on him.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Nit picking incoming....

The first gutter runner, while a fine player no doubt, is not really exceptional. Not even a single double. The second one is more like it - a stat up and a double turn him into a lean, mean, pass blocking machine. He still lacks block though, to round him off, as without it that ST3 is not much use.

The 'vermin is again a typical +ST bastard. He is indeed a bastard, but he lacks claw to make him exceptional.

The thread asked for exceptional players and only the second runner is exceptional I think and even then only *potentially* exceptional.

I'm thinking of players like Groovy's ST5 human blitzer (Zod?). I want double stat ups! I want double doubles!

I personally don't think I have any exceptional players - yet. I have a ST5 chaos warrior in the divisions who is starting his journey, but not there yet. I have a mighty blow werewolf in matchmaking who will join the Open next season and is averaging 1 kill a game in recent matches, but again - only one double. If we are allowed to post other people's players, what about this guy then...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    What can i say, i must have low standards.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    If you want *exceptional*, my star elf catcher rolled, in order, +MV, +MV, +AG, +ST and then a double (I ignored it and took block). That's MV10, AG4, ST4, block, catch and nerves of steel.

My chaos don't have anything quite that good, but my beastman with +ST, block, dodge, frenzy and stand firm is pretty awesome. I took stand firm for crowd pushing safety, but it's ended up being fantastic for cage breaking - frenzy a corner off then stand beside the ball carrier and, with ST4, blodge and SF, he's a nightmare to get rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    My obscenely lucky Tomb Guardian, Hutchai Bithhor-Tefeni. Not content with rolling a double on his first level, and naturally grabbing Block, he managed to score a double-6 next level and achieved ST6.

Painfully slow levelling of Tomb Guardians, as MVP seems to land on my Skeletons more often than not, means it's going to be a while before he picks up some more useful things.
    That is really nice. Once you get MB & guard on him ... and maybe multi-block he will be a real killer. I have a pub khemri team as well - no ST6 with block yet, but two TG's with block and another ST6 so I'm almost there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    A good start.

Uncommon ork.

Only SP though :-/
    Last edited by mrpier; 10-12-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Below is the jewel of the Magnates, the ultimate expression of lizard play. I give you Gutterskink

Swag could dodge anywhere on a 2+, so he was an immensely good ball-getter. He could also pass roughly as well as an elf, which is a massive boost to the usual low-agility lizard play. Sadly he's in cold storage at the moment

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    My best player is probably a nurgle warrior with Block, Dodge, Claw, Mb and Tackle. Meet Fastidiousness

But that's not really the most interesting of skill combos,...so I present three others of note.

Mos Def - My own personal stat freak. How he has lived this long with AV6 I will never know, but his days are surely numbered. Would have sprint to make him a one turner, but rolled +ST as his final skill and I couldn't turn it down. He has won a few matches single handedly for me.

Vast Aire - How he still lives I do not know. I basically just use him as a ball launching machine, which he is very, very, very good at. Top Passer in both Completions and Yardage in the RPS Open. (by a distance)

Hygiene - Two doubles in a row. ST5, block, claw and MB make him pretty fearsome. When he actually does something. Which isn't often.

Last edited by laneford; 10-12-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Over about 70 matches with 2 teams in RPS leagues I think I've rolled 1 +ST, 1 +Ag and 3 doubles so I've not got many freaks to brag about. There is Walt Disney though.

Perhaps not too alarming under normal circumstances, but as Walt plays in the stunty league he's become a bit of a monster thanks to block and tackle. I'd kill for +Ag on his next roll, though I'd settle for Mighty Blow.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Oh, Vast Aire. How he's still alive is a mystery to me - especially as I seriously wanted to kill him when we played last week. Your whole team are stat freaks though, you didn't even mention your leaping blitzer with AG5. Or did I imagine him? That whole match was like some sort of horrible dream.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    This is Naellara, whom some of you might recognise from my Merry Bloody Advent offering. He's not that much of a freak, apart from that +mv, which turns him from an average developed catcher into match-winning one turner machine. If he lives to get his last level, I'm thinking fend or leap would make him very annoying... although another +mv would be nice ;).

naellara.jpg

I have a couple of players on their way to being special in my DoD side but the best player I have on any team is this wolf:

Can single handedly win games and my last game with him against Norse he dodged into two tackle zones, took down the carrier, picked up the ball in two tackle zones and dodged away. Only shame is the niggle but I tend to protect him well.

In through the thread-door waddles Prince Pitupankolilu the Sublime, team leader (player #1) of the Hexoatl Golden Geckos, currently fighting for their lives in their first Open season. In his three level-ups the Prince rolled +AG, +AG, and a double for Block.

Claims of certain Cheerleaders that the Prince indeed is sublime in every imaginable way have yet to be proven wrong.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Jesus Christ that skink

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    The problem with Chaos Warriors is that they are weak and slow. Hammer, War Face, and Mauler do their best, but they're only Str 4 Mv 5. What you really need is a Chaos Warrior with Str 5, Mv 6. Someone like Professor Brian Cox.

Also I have a couple of extra arms elfbeasts, but doesn't everyone? Wallender Kessel is quite special though.

Back in the day Ugroth EatSkulls was quite something, until he took an, erm, smashed knee to the knee. Made me so depressed I retired the entire team.

Attached Images Attached Images