Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I don't know how I forgot this thing of beauty as well - probably my favourite player I have. I think she was bred from the same stock as 'hands elves:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Nice! Prime fouling target if ever there was one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Why don't I have any players like this? I've only had two +ST players ever, and one of them got killed yesterday. Bah.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Nice! Prime fouling target if ever there was one.
    You've got to catch her and get her down first!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    ...and in the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Why don't I have any players like this? I've only had two +ST players ever, and one of them got killed yesterday. Bah.
    Have you been making your burnt offerings to Nuffle?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Pier, how come you have a different player info screen than I do?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    It's either because they are from Legendary Edition or more likely, my two players were developed in single player and that screen is a bit different.

So, as people who've played my DoD Dwarves would know, I have two freak Runners.

The first just rolled his second +MV, so he is now Block, Kick-Off Return, Tackle (cos dwarf teams need more tackle, right?) +MV, +MV.

The other is slightly more freaky, with Block, Dodge, +AG, +AG +St. Yes, that's an AG 5, Str 4 Dwarf. If he makes it to legendary, I'm thinking Leap...

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Indefatigible Snoozer View Post
    So, as people who've played my DoD Dwarves would know, I have two freak Runners.

The first just rolled his second +MV, so he is now Block, Kick-Off Return, Tackle (cos dwarf teams need more tackle, right?) +MV, +MV.

The other is slightly more freaky, with Block, Dodge, +AG, +AG +St. Yes, that's an AG 5, Str 4 Dwarf. If he makes it to legendary, I'm thinking Leap...
    I actually am familiar with the 2nd one, purely because immediately after the draw on Sunday, Screwie was going through your team and doing some very creative swearing. I think everyone listening was shocked at the concept of a AGI5 dwarf.
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I stand by my initial impression in that Snoozer has a team full of monsters and I am probably doomed.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I stand by my initial impression in that Snoozer has a team full of monsters and I am probably doomed.
    "Probably"?

Okay I am definitely doomed, but for an as yet unknown degree of doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Indefatigible Snoozer View Post

I played that AG5 dwarf last season - from what I remember I had the ball popped loose on defence but he just casually sauntered in, picked up the ball and ran in the score. Can't wait to face him again this season :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    My favourite 3 active players:

As mentioned above, the mighty General Zod:

2012-12-11_00003.jpg

(Jump up was probably....foolish, although does discourage teams surrounding Zod just to knock him down, as he can pop back up and kill someone)

And then my 2 best ogres, keeping my ogre team looking fearsome in the stunty tournament:

2012-12-11_00001.jpg

Probably the worst killer player I've ever seen. Only missing a STR+ really, but able to take down anyone on the pitch. I've had turn 1's where 2 linemen have gone off injured due to a multiple block from this one player :-D

2012-12-11_00002.jpg

And my 'runner/thrower'. Makes life very difficult for my opponents as can pick up the ball, carry it and pass to snot if I get slowed down (or dodge away with break tackle. Recently added block makes her very difficult to bring down.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Those are some pretty scary chaos mans, PW. I hope my guys attain that sort of level eventually!

I really don't have many exceptional players - especially stat-boost-wise - but here are what I feel are my most interesting ones.

First, the slightly better runner from my DoD team.

Then my master troll on my stunty league team - he's not up there with Groovy's best big guys, but he's pretty solid now.

Finally my bomber from the same team, with the only skill he'll ever need!

Network Hub
    That would be the bomber who blew himself up when we played? :-p

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well, he could do with Hail Mary Pass. Or catch, to stop people throwing it right back at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    Well, he could do with Hail Mary Pass. Or catch, to stop people throwing it right back at him.
    Does HMP with bombers? I've always fancied goblin artillery.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    Does HMP with bombers? I've always fancied goblin artillery.
    Indeed it does. And there's no reason why you couldn't give him the ball for HMP action with that too if you needed to.