Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I can see that it could be marginally useful on a skaven team where support for the big guy can be lacking, but I would never take it before stand firm or any of the other strength-skills for that matter. Still that is a pretty good rat ogre.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    I am surprised it let you use those team names :)
    mmmm. ive had that Skaven team since BB:DE, I get very childish when i get to name my own characters in games XD

Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Thick skull on a rat ogre! That is one skill I don't think I'll ever take on any player.
    I believe you play vamps in DoD now? Thick skull on a valuable thrall is a very useful way to help keep players on the pitch as they will roll for injury a lot more than other players. Something to consider.

No I play Chaos, but I have been publically thinking about fielding vamps and have applied a vamp team to the challenge league to check them out against human opponents.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    No I play Chaos, but I have been publically thinking about fielding vamps and have applied a vamp team to the challenge league to check them out against human opponents.
    Human opponents are all very well, but don't you want to know how they do against a good team?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    I believe you play vamps in DoD now? Thick skull on a valuable thrall is a very useful way to help keep players on the pitch as they will roll for injury a lot more than other players. Something to consider.
    I suggested that in a vamp thread in BBtactics and they all laughed at me. It seems quite reasonable to me, but maybe guard is better at high TV. I would be really interested in someone who has practical experience of that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Human opponents are all very well, but don't you want to know how they do against a good team?
    Not too good!

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    I suggested that in a vamp thread in BBtactics and they all laughed at me. It seems quite reasonable to me, but maybe guard is better at high TV. I would be really interested in someone who has practical experience of that.
    BBtactics is great, but reading through all those guides and poking about the forums leads me to believe that Coach and friends are somewhat set in their ways; they've already decided long ago decided what the 'best' builds are and don't tend to stray too much from them. They're all nice chaps though.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

I know Verbal uses it and he loves it - not something you put on every thrall obviously but useful to have on one

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Guard is really awesome on the Vampire team, but i could see Thick Skull being good. Is it a doubles for the thralls?

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    Guard is really awesome on the Vampire team, but i could see Thick Skull being good. Is it a doubles for the thralls?
    Aye, they only get G on a normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    Guard is of less use on vampires than other teams as you have hypno to do a lot of work that guard does. One or two thralls with it is handy though

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    You are what is wrong with bloodbowl. AG6 and you complain about fouls, you should applaud them on a sensible and practical maneuver.
    I didn't mean it as "They shouldn't foul him", ofcourse they should, and that's why they do it. Yet it is naturally very annoying to me as they really ARE out to get him while he's the only skilled up player on my team (that guy is like 1/5th of my TV).

I've had ridiculous amounts of casualties in my ranks in my first games so i pretty much run at 3-5 loner linemen every game, 1 -ag Wd, this 1 superman wd, and 1 catcher (got 100k in bank so might buy thrower).

Reason why he fouled him 3 turns in row was because i failed a dodge on another guy just when i was about to move him forward, so he managed to get 2 dice on him and get him down (he might have even dodged with one guy at 4+ chance, i remember he did that at some moment). All of his hits on previous turns seemingly knocked my guys out of pitch so i were at some ~6 or 7 guys on field. He just made a cage i couldn't break and stalled for 3 turns fouling him and then scored on 8th.

Yes, i'm an insane madman about stats, Who can resist those, really?

Not to mention that dodging from tackle to another at 2+ can do some pretty bullshit plays, as does ball pick-ups from middle of enemy pack. I'm getting way too used to that guy just doing anything i want, ever, anywhere that it's getting pretty dangerous for me. I'm also pretty new to the game, it's my first real "ball playing team" and i've played propably less than 30 games of BB ever.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    I have never had an AG6 player. I have watched a match in which one played, however, and he was awesome. It almost makes leap redundant though - you can just walk everywhere.
    Yeah, i rarely Leap anymore, only if there's a real physical Wall of players in front of him (or if i had to use my dodge already and absolutely need to dodge 2 more times, both dodgin and leaping are 2+ moves anyway and with Leap i only need to roll it once).

...Yes, i'm a bad player, but the bullshit that the guy does for me is pretty much my only sunshine in horribly going league for me right now :)

EDIT: Also, wasn't really meant as "They shouldn't foul him", ofcourse they should, and they do. Last game it was though after they got the ball from me and then were waiting in a cage at scoring range and just fouled him 3 times before the 8th turn td. I were down like 4 players so couldn't really do shit about the cage nor the foulers.

The fact enemy should do something, doesn't mean i don't hate them doing it.
    Last edited by Graerth; 10-02-2013 at 08:00 PM. Reason: adding reply to another post

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Graerth View Post
    Last game it was though after they got the ball from me and then were waiting in a cage at scoring range and just fouled him 3 times before the 8th turn td. I were down like 4 players so couldn't really do shit about the cage nor the foulers.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Graerth View Post
    s, both dodgin and leaping are 2+ moves anyway and with Leap i only need to roll it once).
    Just a slight correction - AG4 leaping is an unmodified agility roll (unless you have very long legs) so is a 3+ not a 2+

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Just a slight correction - AG4 leaping is an unmodified agility roll (unless you have very long legs) so is a 3+ not a 2+
    Yes, for a stock AG4 WD it would be 3+, however i'm talking about my AG6 monster here ;p

That sound you just heard was every Khemri coach simultaneously drooling on their keyboards.

Also, a testament to how much difference AGI 3 makes on a Khemri team:

This team has certainly had its fair share of dice luck on the level-ups. I've also got a Tomb Guardian with Blodge, and I used to have another with STR 6 and Block until he was killed by a Beastman who dared to red dice blitz him and ended up rolling double DD and passing the armour roll. Decay is an absolute bitch.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

I'd like a moment of silence for another almost star. 5 SPP from level 7, hoping to get MVP to make him my first superstar.

In a weird match that actually made me question its legitimacy. The guy had 5 injuries on me. 4 deaths (2 regen'd) and the -1ST on the blitz-ra here. I'm aware i'm probably just bitter, but this is a team that usually smashes its opponent to bits and I don't recall a game where i've gotten more than 2 death rolls, let alone 4 plus another career-ender.

**edit: just remembered he turn 16 fouled another to death who also regen'd, so that's 6 injuries; 5 death, 1 -ST, 0 KO, 0 BH or MNG. I swear he was picking the results from a drop down or something

Ah well, may he rest in peace.

RAmen.
    Last edited by chadsexington; 20-02-2013 at 01:42 AM.

My cutest little rodent.

And his friend.

Hopefully they'll be comming to the RPSopen next season.