Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphan View Post
    That would be the bomber who blew himself up when we played? :-p
    Occupational hazard. But until they invent the anti-exploding skill, Accurate is the only skill he'll ever need! :P

Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    Does HMP with bombers? I've always fancied goblin artillery.
    Yeah it does, but I find Accurate is better (especially for bomb-fouling). I would be tempted to pick up HMP on the second double (although Pass, Strong Arm or Fend are other good options), but ideally I don't want his TV to bloat so level 2 is where he should remain...

HMP is the pinnacle of goblin bombardiership. Never had it myself but i've seen it used to devastating effect

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    HMP is the pinnacle of goblin bombardiership. Never had it myself but i've seen it used to devastating effect
    I've wondered about that... with the three square scatter, surely it ends up in empty space most of the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Yeah it does, but I find Accurate is better (especially for bomb-fouling). I would be tempted to pick up HMP on the second double (although Pass, Strong Arm or Fend are other good options), but ideally I don't want his TV to bloat so level 2 is where he should remain...
    I got a regular skill on my bomber so I went with jump-up. I generally use him as a suicide bomber now since he can never throw the damn ball past his feet anyway.

I got a regular skill on my bomber so I went with jump-up. I generally use him as a suicide bomber now since he can never throw the damn ball past his feet anyway.
    Hehe, I've done that. Handed it off to an opponent with low AG once, that was amusing. And yes, it did work as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    I've wondered about that... with the three square scatter, surely it ends up in empty space most of the time?
    Or directly onto an opponent, giving them a catching opportunity.

I tried HMP in SP and didn't like it at all. I found the security of having a bomber ballista set up in my end zone is mostly offset by the poor accuracy, and the fact my side is effectively reduced to 10 guys. I prefer the bomber to make accurate, short range passes to vacant squares and prone players, not far from the action so he can help out in other ways too.

Suicide bomber is a viable tactic in a pinch :)

I've used Fetch and Bomber Dribblesnot on the same drive before too, double-fire Accurate bombs is great fun :)

Consider what you want him to do as his job.

In a goblin side you have your three special weapons:

Fanatic: Useful against anyone as only a deathroller can reliably take him down
    Looney: Better against agile, dodgy bastards as you can't dodge a chainsaw
    Bombardier: Better against low agility targets that can't catch a direct hit and want a slow grinding cage

Give a bomber HMP and a slow grinding cage suddenly becomes a riskier proposition. If your opponent wants to grind down the field aiming for a 2-1 grind they either have to take down the bomber or risk 8 turns of bombs flying at the cage. Chances are one of those is going to hit giving you a shot at the carrier or a loose ball. Against higher agility targets i'm more likely to switch HMP off and throw short range shots at peoples feet like you currently do or use him as a fouler.

Fanatic: Useful against anyone as only a deathroller can reliably take him down
    I have to disagree (slightly), the Fanatic should regularly be on the receiving end of his own ball & chain when people start throwing 2D-against-blocks at him. That's not really reliable, but also not really hard to do.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    In the stunty league I had a guy with 4 injuries... Can we do an injury version of this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    I have to disagree (slightly), the Fanatic should regularly be on the receiving end of his own ball & chain when people start throwing 2D-against-blocks at him. That's not really reliable, but also not really hard to do.
    See also bombs, chainsaw and zara/dark elf assassin stabs.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    I agree. I let mine get isolated all too often, then it's worth the opposition going all out to take him down, it's guaranteed to take him off the pitch. I'm going to be a lot more careful about that in future... it's just always tooo tempting to go for another block rather than bring him back to safety!

Agreed about HMP though. I'm planning on getting it on my Bombardier on the 1% chance he rolls a double on his next level ;).

Agreed about HMP though. I'm planning on getting it on my Bombardier on the 1% chance he rolls a double on his next level ;).
    16.7% chance actually, or 1 in 6 :)

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    16.7% chance actually, or 1 in 6 :)
    This is my goblin team we're talking about... it's probably 0.01%!

I'd like everyone to have a moment of silence for an almost superstar, who was cruelly fouled to death by despicable nurgle.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Ah two away from another level, brutal

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Ah two away from another level, brutal
    The irony is that I took that game with express purpose of leveling him.

Looky, looky!!

Looky, looky!!

Far out!!

MA 10 would make her just obscene, but... surely you should pick up Strip Ball or Tackle eventually?

Hence why the picture was taken at that point - I was debating the logical choice of a skill or the sheer ridiculousness of a wardancer on speed. The other dancer has strip ball and tackle and is also MV9 and I also have an AG5 wrodge lino. Coupled with three guard, springing the ball loose isn't really a problem. After some pontificating I took the MV for two reasons - its a matchmaking team so i'm not results driven. As such building the most ridiculous wardancer possible seems like a worthy aim. Secondly MV10 and AG5 is a 65% chance at a one turner with team reroll. 18SPPs away from level 6 should be a cakewalk if she survives

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I would have taken the armour just to get all the numbers green.