Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    I would honestly consider the armour just to make her harder to kill.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I've got a high elf catcher with Dodge, Juggernaut and Grab in the open which I've built as en experiment. I wanted to have someone that would almost always guarantee at least a pushback to where I wanted them. Given that there are several teams over 2000TV in the open, skills like sidestep, stand firm, fend and of course wrestle are not uncommon. The plan was to build it further with block next and then probably tackle at 76 spp, but I doubt I'll get that far before this team is retired from the open. He hasn't been that useful and I must consider him at least a luxury up until now (He's only had grab for one match). Although he did get in a couple of good blitzes against Jiiiiims Stand Firm men yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    I have a couple of players on their way to being special in my DoD side but the best player I have on any team is this wolf:

Can single handedly win games and my last game with him against Norse he dodged into two tackle zones, took down the carrier, picked up the ball in two tackle zones and dodged away. Only shame is the niggle but I tend to protect him well.
    Sad to report that this evening at approximately 10:30pm Harmyk passed away. He died doing what he loved - getting smashed in the face by a krox. 120 SPP on him before he died and the most experienced player i've ever owned

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Sad to report that this evening at approximately 10:30pm Harmyk passed away. He died doing what he loved - getting smashed in the face by a krox. 120 SPP on him before he died and the most experienced player i've ever owned
    Gutting! When's the wake?

There is a silver lining to this, however. His brother is still alive and kicking:

In fact, at the same time as poor Harmyk was getting pounded into the ground by a raging kroxigor, Warlack was on a different pitch in a distant stadium tearing the face off a ghoul who had 77 SPP.

For those who are interested, his career stats over 28 games are:

13 TDs, 2 killed (he prefers to leave his victims writhing in agony), 27 casualties and 33 KOs.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

My other wolf was exactly the same build just without the +MA. Team has been retired now though as both golems, both wights and the wolf have died in recent games. A respectable 23-8-12 record though

My other wolf was exactly the same build just without the +MA. Team has been retired now though as both golems, both wights and the wolf have died in recent games. A respectable 23-8-12 record though
    Yes, it's a great build if you're lucky enough to get the double for Mighty Blow. I was cheeky enough to get it on both my wolves. The extra movement makes him an absurd blitzer - he can come running at you from the other end of the pitch, to the point where it's often very, very difficult for the opponent to stop him at all. He does need assists though, which lends him toward more of a defensive blitzing role (which is fine, as it means I can protect him from all those nasty boots!).

I'm trying to find the screenshot of my Pestigor with Dodge, +Agi, Leap and Very Long Legs, but I fear I may have lost it. Unfortunately his legs were a little too long and he died from a lightning bolt some time last year.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Quote Originally Posted by frenz0rz View Post
    There is a silver lining to this, however. His brother is still alive and kicking:

In fact, at the same time as poor Harmyk was getting pounded into the ground by a raging kroxigor, Warlack was on a different pitch in a distant stadium tearing the face off a ghoul who had 77 SPP.

For those who are interested, his career stats over 28 games are:

13 TDs, 2 killed (he prefers to leave his victims writhing in agony), 27 casualties and 33 KOs.
    My aim in life is to kill this werewolf. Until youve played against it, youve no idea how much of a beast it is. It has a uncanny ability to cause serious injuries almost every time it hits too, (it dodged a lightning bolt in the last game i played it in! :()

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Forgot my favourite rotter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    +4 on injury rolls! o.o
    Last edited by Screwie; 01-02-2013 at 12:35 AM.

Combined with Decay, he makes a halfling look tough.

Looky, looky!!

Sadly this fine specimen has also died on me after failing 6 dice on an orc blitzer carrying the ball. She marked himup and next turn he promptly added insult to injury by adding injury to insult

It's FUMBBL rather than BB so no pictures sadly, but I did manage to get a player to 100+ SPP for the first time ever over the weekend.

The heroic Obelix, who I was certain would be dead in short order once he went down to AV7.... 20 or so games ago.

-AG and -AV with the following: Juggernaut, Claw, Block, Guard, Break Tackle. I have one lonely player (a warrior on 65 SPP) who has played in every single one of the team's games but Obelix (who has missed 8) is the star. The highlight of his career to date is the game against Undead where he ignored his AV7 and proceeded to deal with the opposing mummies almost single-handedly at times. I thought Block + Juggernaut was going to be a bit redundant (and of course it is a bit) but having the option is nice, especially if you're not blitzing.

What a player.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Chaos team or Chaos Dorfs?

That would be a Chaos minotaur - the best kind. :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Bleh, they're unnecessary bloat. You're just giving your opponent a turnover or two a game plus a wizard.

They're the only minotaur that gets non-double access to Mutations. That makes them a far more interesting prospect than the CD or Pact versions, and for the same 150k cost - and the only version worth that cost, I feel.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I know he's no legend but my most notable player in my (newish) Pro Elf team is my Block, Sidestep, Dodge, Diving Tackle, Guard Blitzer called Fear (all players named after motivations), with a Tzeentch theme. But he's on his way if he lives long enough.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Sounds great - what's next, Jump Up or Pass Block? :)

It is a chaos-er, yes. I don't worry about bloat. Once I do that I'm into "worrying about anything other than whether it's fun" territory. And Obelix is fun, so he stays until he dies on the pitch. It's what he'd want.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.