Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Sounds great - what's next, Jump Up or Pass Block? :)
    Sneaky Git, probably

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Sounds great - what's next, Jump Up or Pass Block? :)
    Its a funny one, thinking about how to best progress. Shadowing is on the list along with tackle and grab/mb on doubles, but its very much undecided.i think i'll keep it simple and take +st.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Haha well +ST is grand if you can get it.

Shadowing currently screws with Diving Tackle, just so you're aware. The silly game checks for Shadowing before it rolls for the Dodge roll, when it should be the other way around. This means if your player has both you have to fail/decline Shadowing in order to see a DT attempt. Backwards.

Haha well +ST is grand if you can get it.

Shadowing currently screws with Diving Tackle, just so you're aware. The silly game checks for Shadowing before it rolls for the Dodge roll, when it should be the other way around. This means if your player has both you have to fail/decline Shadowing in order to see a DT attempt. Backwards.
    Ah, I guess I'll split my shadowers and my DT's up then. Fend is a candidate also, fend and sidestep are a cruel combination, really I'm learning as I go, until I get 13 players I probably wont get any kind of sense for the final stature of the team.

Network Hub
    My only decent character in my WE team is a strip ball +2 AG Wardancer.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=pl...yer_id=9089635

I'm thinking of Side step next (unless he stays awesome and rolls +str), but would AV be worth it if i'd get that 10?
    If i roll doubles i just might go for Mighty Blow as that guy with AG6 does go pretty much where he pleases.

People are starting to be abit annoying about chain fouling him (last game when he fell for first time, enemy camped him with 6 guys to foul 3 turns in a row, permastunned him) and i did need to save him from death with Apo later already.

Quote Originally Posted by Graerth View Post
    People are starting to be abit annoying about chain fouling him (last game when he fell for first time, enemy camped him with 6 guys to foul 3 turns in a row, permastunned him) and i did need to save him from death with Apo later already.
    You are what is wrong with bloodbowl. AG6 and you complain about fouls, you should applaud them on a sensible and practical maneuver.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I wouldn't even have that guy on the pitch half the time, I'd use mook subs to soak up the casualties and only field him when I needed to/when they were dead.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    As usual Helio's reasoning is somewhat distorted by his unquenchable love of fouling, but here his conclusion is totally right, you should be glad about that: six players fouling that one gives you a two to one numbers advantage on the rest of the pitch for three whole turns! That's pretty fantastic. I'm assuming the reason they stopped fouling after those three turns is because that was when you scored, and I'm only surprised it took as long as three turns.

I can't agree with Pweasel though: hiding players off the pitch is for weaklings and cowards! If you're worried about your elfs getting hurt you're really playing the wrong team; watching the pointy-eared bastards get smashed to pieces is half the fun, and hiding an AG6 wardancer is a total waste of its massive TV cost.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    It depends on the role, really. If you have a 1TTD-capable catcher or prized and very expensive super-thrower, you hide them off the pitch and protect them when you're not going to use them. But a wardancer? That's one of your blitzers, and hitters absolutely need to be out there for every drive.

I have an exception to what Screwie said. My one turning gutter in DoD got given wrestle before he rolled +MA so is fielded defensively but principally as a safety to keep him as much out of the firing line as possible. However i'm not shy about chucking star players in if thats what their job is as I would find it hard to justify their TV otherwise.

Agreed, too much TV is wasted if you keep a player on the bench just to pull him out for one-turners, which then still might fail. Even if they succeed, they are going to bloat more and more because they eat up all those TDs. I'd rather have the player on the field to allow me to pressure my opponent or open up possibilities for defensive TDs with other players.

You're right; I didn't realise it was a wardancer. What sort of insane madman makes an AG6 wardancer?*

*yes, I would totally do that. I cannot resist a stat up

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I have never had an AG6 player. I have watched a match in which one played, however, and he was awesome. It almost makes leap redundant though - you can just walk everywhere.

and his brother

some of my other notable players

First mummy is fantastic as is the skink. Think the AV on the mummy is a bit of a waste but multiple block with +ST is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    First mummy is fantastic as is the skink. Think the AV on the mummy is a bit of a waste but multiple block with +ST is nice.
    Trust me, given the amount of times I've fouled that bastard, the AV on the mummy is not a waste.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar

Could do with strip ball, but she was one hell of a blitzer.

I am surprised it let you use those team names :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Thick skull on a rat ogre! That is one skill I don't think I'll ever take on any player.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Thick skull on a rat ogre! That is one skill I don't think I'll ever take on any player.
    It saved him from being KOed by a horde of boots when those skaven trashed my chaos team last night. I wouldnt take thick skull on most big guys, but I can definitely see an argument for it on a valued AV8 player.

Oh, and as for the team names, you may have noticed that bigc tends to lean toward certain subtle themes...
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com