Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Some say that the hover one is actually good for top speed, because of the increased vertical thrust adding speed when you do the "put the nose down and press space" thing. Some say it's also good for dogfighting, because the vertical thrust can help you lose enemies.
    Others say the dogfighting one is pretty good for ground attacks, since hovering isn't exactly rocket surgery with the standard airframe anyway. You don't tend to want to be hovering anywhere where a burster max or skyguard are, and it's nice to be able to turn quickly in case of sudden fire.
    I haven't seen anyone, anywhere, say "woo yay top speed airframe is the best woo" - anyone know if it lets you run away from dogfighting spec mosquitos quickly enough to stop them blowing you out of the sky? Otherwise it seems pointless.

Personally I use the level one dogfighting airframe for my scythe, which I mostly use for ground assault. I have the rocket pods with the thermal sights, and I have the rapid-fire air-to-air machine gun since I do occasionally tangle with enemy fighters - I'm not sure it's actually better than the standard gun, but that may be because I spent a week learning to use the normal gun in dogfights, and now I'm having to relearn how much to lead the target by. I also have the flares, best certs you can spend.

Apparently you can outrun heat seekers with racer frame 3 without afterburners, but I didn't see any proof or tried it out myself so I don't know why I'm even posting this.

But yeah, the ESFs play very differently so better make sure the advice is valid for the one you fly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Here's a video with some hot flying tips. Some harsh language there, though.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHsUlhoOyFE&NR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Here's a video with some hot flying tips. Some harsh language there, though.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHsUlhoOyFE&NR
    I couldn't stop laughing. Some small part of me was saying I should be more highbrow than this, and that it shouldn't be this funny, but it was drowned out by the laughter.