Network Hub

Capcom announced Street Fighter X Mega Man

In light to celebrating the 25th year anniversary of Street Fighter this year and Mega Man next year, Capcom announced recently of a new mash up. Street Fighter X Mega Man will be released on December 17th, according to a report (http://www.gamearena.com.au/news/read.php/5117592), and it will be a free downloadable title for the PC.

It will be more of a Mega Man than Street Fighter because it will be using the former's 8-bit graphics and there will still be a lot of running before a Street Fighter character will face off with the blue bomber.

What do you guys think of this?

Eh, no big deal really. Sure its kinda neat that they do it for free but I would have preferred something more than just another 8bit Mega Man with "Street Fighter bosses"

Quote Originally Posted by Atwa View Post
    just another 8bit Mega Man
    We haven't had a new megaman game since 2010.

I'm excited for it, and I like that it's free, but it doesn't exactly help the situation megaman is in.
    It's like Capcom was so disgusted by the idea of releasing a megaman game that they threw street fighter in there. I would have liked, you know, a megaman game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    More specifically, a Megaman Legends game. Which was sort of the point behind the unity fangame site thing in the first place.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    We haven't had a new megaman game since 2010.
    So you want them to just release the same game with a few new bosses every two years? We had Mega Man 9 and 10 and they were pretty fun, but you can only redo it so many times before the novelty wears off.

I am not complaining, its free. Its just that I am not especially interested in it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Megman Legennnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddssssssssssssss.

It worked, it eventually worked for Castlevanida (2D to 3D). Give us it!

It'll probably get canceled later
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

Another game arena link, eh? Apparently they really need those clicks.

Resurrecting this because it's out. Although it was hard to find the download page, apparently I'm one of the few who actually got it without using a shady mediafire mirror.
    Thoughts so far:
    The level's are designed decently, they're sometimes a little aggravating. The biggest difference between this and a normal megaman game so far are the bosses- both in the obvious way, and because they're actually much harder than the stages and seem to have a lot more detail put into them than your average robot master. The move sets they boast are at least triple the size of most robot masters, and it's difficult to decipher a pattern. They're also pretty fun to fight too. So far I've only played chun li and rolento's stages so far, though.

Want to go ahead and post the download link then?

Banned
    What a stupid mashup. Never liked either game series so I might be a little biased though. Mortal Kombat Vs Soul Calibur would make more sense. Or MK vs Marvel vs DC. Ninjas and superheroes aplenty then.

Quote Originally Posted by venn177 View Post
    Want to go ahead and post the download link then?
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/mega_man

Quote Originally Posted by TheXand View Post
    What a stupid mashup. Never liked either game series so I might be a little biased though. Mortal Kombat Vs Soul Calibur would make more sense. Or MK vs Marvel vs DC. Ninjas and superheroes aplenty then.
    It's not a fighting game?
    But still, if you didn't like megaman before then I can't recommend starting here. It's obviously made for megaman fans.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    It's not a fighting game?
    But still, if you didn't like megaman before then I can't recommend starting here. It's obviously made for megaman fans.
    He seems to have been a bit before my time in all fairness and to have become pretty obscure by the end of the 90's to kids growing up then in the UK. Seems odd to have Street Fighter characters in a Megaman style game but it might work. Can't be worse than having some dude in a blue biker helmet and spandex with a gun for a hand.