Network Hub

Mod: Project Teamwork (Er, I mean Project Reality!)

Project Reality is a mod for Battlefield 2 which is getting a small update today. As a long time PR player I thought I would take a few minutes to tell anyone who cares to listen why there is nothing else quite like it.

What sets PR apart from any other FPS out there is that at its heart it is a social game. It's almost that MMOFPS I've always wanted, even though it doesn't have "massive" battles (64 players like BF2, although 128 players may be coming in the future), even though it doesn't have in built friend lists or persistence.

What it does have is that if you want to survive, if you want to do well or even just get by you absolutely have to rely on the guy next to you. You simply don't get by in PR without talking to people, without being able to communicate and to work together. Its not an option, it is a necessity.

What makes a bad PR player? Someone who doesn't listen, someone who doesn't talk (or doesn't have a mic!) someone who can't seem to keep up with the rest of the squad, and who can't do what he's told.

What makes a good PR player? Someone who knows he is just a cog in the machine, that Rifleman who knows that he needs to tell the medic where he went down to get a revive, that HAT soldier (Heavy Anti-Tank) who knows to use his squad mates eyes and ears to get a successful armour kill.

There is simply no other game (or FPS) out there that has the amount of Teamwork on a public server, that PR is able to deliver. If you like the sound of that, you can pick up BF2 pretty cheap these days, give it a shot :)

Here's a good example of what I'm talking about (some strong language, if that bothers you ;) ): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13BR5NnVjZ8

I did try this a few years back. In the end I got into Arma 2 instead as it clicks with me better. I may have to dig out my copy of BF2 and give this another go sometime though.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousOrange View Post
    I did try this a few years back. In the end I got into Arma 2 instead as it clicks with me better. I may have to dig out my copy of BF2 and give this another go sometime though.
    I think although they occupy similar spaces, ARMA is obviously a sim whilst PR is definitely still an FPS.

You should check it out again, a lots changed in 2 years :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    I find it more accessible than ArmA. Last time I played (ages ago) it was easy enough to jump on a server, join a squad and have fun.