Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar

iPhone4 - To buy or not to buy.

Please help me.

I have no idea what the hell is iPhone/Android/HTC/Mac etc etc. Suppose I was living in a cave last decade. I have 1k$ to spare. I heard that iPhone 4 is like best thing ever. What I want is a good mp-3/mp-4 player that can also be used as a passable cellphone( not the other way around). By 'good' I mostly mean REALLY LOUD, quality is good too, but if it's not LOUD - no deal. I don't care about anything else, I don't care if iTunes is bad. I'm just tired of carrying my almost-dead Samsung YP-P3 AND my almost-dead Sony Erricsson c510. So I want to know, is iPhone 4 really that good as an mp-3/mp-4 player? I'm not some audiophile but I listen to a lot of music, mostly while I'm traveling to work by metro( that's why I want it to be LOUD). Maybe I also need an advise on headphones( I have Audiotechnica ATH-SJ55 right now, works ok with YP-P3). Right now the only alternative I see is a HTC Desire HD - it's cheaper and have same functionality, but most reviewers say iPhone 4 is beter sound-wise. I borrowed Nokia s7-00 from a friend, it wasn't LOUD enough. Sadly, I have no one to borrow iPhone/HTC from.

If they have apple stores in moscow (they should but I don't want to ASSume), you might be able to try the loudness there, or pick up headphones with an amplifier.
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

Personally If i were you, I'd look at getting the samsung galaxy S II with some audio technica ath m50s, I have the Galaxy S and with the cans on max volume I can't hear a thing (plus its cheaper to buy the samsung and headphones than it is to buy the iphone)
    Official RPS Thread argument catalyst.

Network Hub
    I second the Galaxy S2. I use it on a commute with noise cancelling ear buds and it sounds great. Maybe you want to focus a but more on sound quality than loudness too.

it is also a fantastic phone too, and is beautiful to look at, and hold.

Galaxy S2 thirded. My friend has one and swears by it - Having used it the look & feel is just so nice, and the dual core processor just makes everything run smooth as hell. Plus, with Android you get the bonus of Google Music - which is awesome. Oh and when you feel like it you can switch up the OS to your hearts content with custom ROMs and things.
    Unacosamedarisa: Egg, kiss me, you're beautiful.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I recently got a Galaxy S1 from my carrier and don't even know what to do with it.

I just use it to listen to the radio.

I don't know about the iphone, but iPods have very disapointing sound. Although the interface does somewhat make up for it. Windows Phone 7 has by far the best media player I've used on a mobile device or walkman, but the battery life on them is just not good enough to use it as both a walkman and a phone. But then I would say that's true of my Android. As much as I want to use it as a walkman too, it's a killer on the battery.

As an iphone owner, i'd also recommend the Galaxy2 for now if you cannot wait for the Iphone 5.

I would say at least wait and see how the iPhone 5 pans out, but as for music, you should just get a decent pair of sound isolating headphones and a good amp.

So your the guy who sits next to me on the train and forces me to listen to his shit music.*

*I love you really

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Ok guys, thanks for your replies, I ended up buying HTC Desire HD. Zog me Mork, this thing is 'uuuuge! Glad I have big damn palms. It's mediocre as player( although with some tweaking it's fine, just not for loud places) but otherwise a fun toy to play around with( so_much_free_apps! and it included free internet for a year deal! there are games too!), screen is good( 800x400, yeah!), touchscreen works fine and customization is very pleasing. I felt some buyers remorse at first, but it weared off already. To compensate HTC's onle weakness I bought Cowon J3 and have to carry around even more dead weight than ever, yay. Now this thing is LOUD.

I love you too, Duff, your userpic is almost as good as my userpic on Militaryphotos.net where I troll armchair generals from Western countries.

It's Android so you can make it a decent media player. I don't have my phone with me as it's being repaired, but someone else may be able to point out some decent software.

Apple are the spawn of Satan. So I'm guna go with no.
    Disclaimer: The above statement or statements are most likely completely incorrect, incoherent and a little insulting to boot. Please disregard immediately and contact the closest person or persons with the ability and will to restore your faith in humanity.