Is anyone playing Shores of Hazeron?

It was mentioned on the esteemed Mr. Rossignol's exploration games thread, and I thought it worth expanding on specifically:

Who's playing Shores of Hazeron right now? Do you have an empire? What do you think about those damned diseases?

Haxus, the game's developer, had been absent for a while which led us all to ponder whether he would return. He did, and the tale of what he was doing was totally epic.

Turns out his absence was due to selling the rights to the 3D design program he developed as a means of funding development on Shores of Hazeron. That's some moxie, right there.

My empire, the Xajorkithian Commonality, is under severe stress from a number of outbreaks of disease. The problem with disease is that each has a tech level, which requires an equivalent tech level of medicine to cure.

One of my settlements got a TL32 epidemic - TL32 being the highest tech level in the game.

Also, the crew of my spaceship all died of the disease, and my ship slid into the sun.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Interesting

I was the one who mentioned it, but as far as I know diseases hadn't been implemented when I last played a few months ago. I shall log in now and see if anyone's still alive in my empire.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Looks like my empire still exists, but I left it open so people ran off with all my spaceships and attacked other empires. It also took about 10 minutes to load half the city, so I get the impression there's server issues at the moment.

Mmm, I played this with Kelron, the most rewarding part was definitely the space-race type thing to ge a moon base. Shame about that damn lag.
    "Kiss the hand of the arm you cannot break, while praying to God to break it for you." - Arabian Proverb

I just started an empire. Made it "join by request". Went to enter Hazeron and the game threw out an error, told me to restart. I restarted the game, tried to recreate my empire in case it hadn't completed last time. Got a message saying an empire with that name already exsists. So far, so good. Then I try to enter the game by joining my empire. Can't because the immigration isn't set to open. Am I missing something? Surely an empire with no members isn't an empire?