Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Starcraft II weekend of play / tutoring

Hello everyone! I'll be back from Asia NOW. After a long three months of no-gaming. As promised I'd really like to organise some Starcraft II matches and playing, and what better time to get it kicked off than this weekend!

We can play as teams together, do versus against each other or do training or tutoring together.

We'll be on the "RockPaperShotgun" battlenet channel and I'll keep this post updated with player IDs (please submit below).

I plan to spend as much of the weekend online as possible if I can manage to keep my relatives away from me. I'll be more than up for helping out any beginners, although I will be very rusty. I'd appreciate tutoring myself if any plat/diamond players were willing to hand it out.

People playing this weekend:

HexagonalB / 596 (< that's me!) - Protoss, sometimes Zerg
    Sassenach / 492 - Zerg
    Dragosani / 245 - Protoss
    Krans / 960 - Protoss
    Bogart / 352
    FeralFerret / 886 - Protoss
    CreepingDeth/870

Other RPS SC2 players:

StormTec/605
    Malous/691
    Last edited by hexagonalbolts; 21-08-2011 at 12:44 PM.

Obscure Node
    I'll be online and try and remember to join the channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Nallen View Post
    I'll be online and try and remember to join the channel!
    Great stuff, see you there! What's your battlenet name & number, by the way?

oooh

ooohhh Im all over this, I am not sure of my alias number...but am Called Dragosani...ill jump on the chat when I get home.

EDIT: Dragosani 245. I play Protoss, Gold league (although I seem to be playing Diamonds at the moment?!?)

Count me in (Protoss, Bronze)! I'm particularly keen to get some coaching/practice vs. Zerg. ;-)

Also, you should all definitely participate in this survey!
    Last edited by Krans; 19-08-2011 at 11:42 AM.

Obscure Node
    I'll try my best to make it
    Bronze 'toss ftw!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Gold Protoss here, who is happy to be added by RPSers and messaged if you fancy a friendly game. Name is FeralFerret, but can't remember my number at the moment. I'll add it to the thread later tonight.

I believe I've added a few of you before, but don't believe I've played too many games with anyone (can actually only recall one!) I do have a real world Starcraft bud I normally play with, but I do occasionally go on for some 1v1 sessions. I'll remember to log in to the chat channel when I grow bored of laddering (also known as losing.)

Argh, I'd love to join, but I'm on the NA server. I'm a platinum Toss, although recently I've been off-racing as Zerg.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Okay, number is 886 and name again is FeralFerret.

Obscure Node
    Name of Sassenach, code 429. I know Hexagonal and Vandelay already, would be pleased to get involved in some crafting of stars.

Excellent stuff! I'm back now so I'll get online and edit everyone's names in to the first post.

Remember to go in the "RockPaperShotgun" battlenet channel!

I'm on as 'HexagonalB' and my code is 596. I have no idea what my skill level will be because I've been away and haven't been able to play in so long, I'd guess at somewhere around the gold level.
    Last edited by hexagonalbolts; 20-08-2011 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krans View Post
    Count me in (Protoss, Bronze)! I'm particularly keen to get some coaching/practice vs. Zerg. ;-)

Also, you should all definitely participate in this survey!
    Krans I sent you a message with some tips and saying I am more than happy to help you against zerg :)

Me and Krans have played a few games together now this morning and won all of them so far, ah ye.
    Last edited by hexagonalbolts; 20-08-2011 at 10:53 AM.

Yep, we're having lots of fun. :D

Had some great fun 4v4 with Krans, Sassenach and Vandelay, ultimately our bumbling, messing around and dreadful resource management got the better of us and we were placed in the silver league which is pretty hilarious considering our individual rankings. There are plenty of other people on the channel as well so come and join in if you're reading! I'm taking a recovery break for a couple hours (2 hours of sleep... in three days...) but then I will be back on with a passion this evening and the rest of the weekend.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I felt like I was playing particularly badly, so apologies to all involved. I definitely shouldn't have strayed from my usual Protoss.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    I felt like I was playing particularly badly, so apologies to all involved. I definitely shouldn't have strayed from my usual Protoss.
    Vandelay you were great! My economy was hilarious... We played some more matches later and I've warmed up much more now, more tomorrow?

More tomorrow indeed. :-)

Network Hub
    Just a heads up, I changed my name to CreepingDeth because atleast that way it reads correctly... character limits, my achilles heel!

Still Protoss, still bronze, still kinda suck :)

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Just a heads up, I changed my name to CreepingDeth because atleast that way it reads correctly... character limits, my achilles heel!

Still Protoss, still bronze, still kinda suck :)
    Same character code though? Nobody minds what league you're in it's just good fun playing together with friendly people! And we can improve your play :)

Despite my terrible, terrible micro, hexagonalbolts and I managed to win 3/5 placement matches and get placed in gold 2v2, woo. I've learnt a lot this weekend, and hopefully I'll be able to get out of Bronze 1v1 soon... :)