Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I'd planned to randomise the players and create the two divisions today, but with the patch on its way I think it makes more sense to wait a few days. I will post an update this week.

Added myself (as Indigon, my ingame nick).
    "What can change the nature of man?"
    Visit my development blog: http://www.indigonflash.com

I have also added myself if that's okay.

Added myself, hopefully it's not too late.

Excellent, welcome to the three of you!

Anyone know when this patch is out? If it's not available by the weekend I'll kick things off the old-fashioned way.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    The non-Steam version is available, but Valve are taking their own sweet time about rolling it out. It was supposed to be this week some time, so maybe give it until Monday?

Activated Node
    If you're still taking signups I'm in. I've taken the liberty of adding myself to the spreadsheet as mdean, but if it's too late then that's fine.

I'm rubbish at this game.

Obscure Node
    I've snuck myself on the list as elmurph - hopefully not too late!

Yes, you're both in time! I'm going to draw up the divisions over the weekend, and if there's still no firm ETA for the Steam patch on Monday I'll get things underway in this thread.

No sign of a Steam patch so I've added some tabs to the spreadsheet.

The first tab is the league tables! We have eighteen sign-ups so I have created two divisions and assigned the players to them by an ingenious proprietary algorithm (alphabetical order). This means that we each have eight games to play.

Important: each player has the responsibility of challenging every player above him/her in the appropriate division. That means that Indigon in division one has to issue eight challenges (sorry Indigon) and I have to do the same in division two. ChainsawHands, in division one, only has to issue two challenges (antilope and ascagnel).

If you are unsure who you should be challenging, look at the second and third tabs on the spreadsheet. You need to issue a challenge for each game in which you are Player 1.

Game rules and league procedures

1) Each game must conform to the following settings:

Mode: Dark Elimination
    Map type: symmetrical
    Turn limit:
    eight turns
    Turn duration
    : five seconds per turn (i.e. 5000 milliseconds - this is the default setting)
    Visibility: vis at time zero
    Team strength: minimum of two men per player (the same for each player, of course)
    Server: UK1

Any game that does not conform to these rules will be void and must be replayed. Please see this post if you're not sure how to create a game with the correct settings.

2) After creating each game on server UK1, the challenger must state the challenge in this thread. Format: "[Player1] has challenged [Player2] in game [game ID]".

3) After each game has been completed, the player accepting the challenge (you lot might as well have some work to do) must report the result in this thread. Standard format: "[Victorious player] has defeated [defeated player] in game [game ID] by [number of men killed by victorious player] men to [number of men killed by defeated player]".

In the event of a draw, the format is "[Challenging player] and [challenged player] have drawn in game [game ID], killing [number of men killed per player] men each."

I will update the spreadsheet with the result.

4) Challengers may start issuing their challenges from today (Monday 8th August). All games must be completed by the end of Sunday 21st August, British Summer Time.

5) We're all reasonable people, probably, so some flexibility will be applied. If you're going to be on holiday, or dead, or otherwise restricted in your availability, please post in this thread and we will try to accommodate you as far as is reasonably practical.

6) Try to start your games in the first week and finish them early. Players leaving it to the last minute to issue a challenge or submit orders risk forfeiting the game. If any game is unfinished by the deadline I will use my discretion and award points to one, both or neither player, depending on the circumstances.

7) Since this is the first season and the standings are randomly assigned, the top four players in division 2 will be promoted to division 1. The bottom four players in division 1 will be demoted to division 2.

8) Any circumstances not catered for in these rules will be handled according to some combination of common sense, consensus, whimsy and iron-fisted authoritarianism.

I'm aware that some players may be new so I will try to post a guide to creating games tomorrow (edit: here it is). Please shout if anything above is unclear/unfair/wrong/stupid.

Good luck!
    Last edited by WombatDeath; 10-08-2011 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Added links to 'how to create a game' post

Quote Originally Posted by WombatDeath View Post
    5) We're all reasonable people
    I resent that!

ColOfNature has challenged antilope in game 184688
    ColOfNature has challenged antilope in game 184689
    ColOfNature has challenged ascagnel in game 184693
    ColOfNature has challenged ChainsawHands in game 184695
    ColOfNature has challenged circle2 in game 184698
    ColOfNature has challenged CMaster in game 184699

I've said it before, so I'll say it again: I'm a numpty. antilope - sorry about the duplicate challenge, I'll let you choose which of them you want to be official. Either ignore one of them, or we can play them both - in which case tell me which you want to count in the league (preferably before we play it!)

Fool that I am, I forgot to specify a server. As per my edited rules, all matches are to be played on UK1.

I don't know which server ColOfNature issued his challenges on, but those particular challenges (and only those) are valid regardless of server. All others must be on UK1 to be valid. Col, if you picked a different server please post it in this thread so that your opponents know where to look.

I also forgot to specify a turn limit! The limit is eight turns. Again, all challenges issued before I edited this in are valid.

Did I forget to mention anything else? All games must be Frozen Synapse; any challenges to a game of Go or Hide and Seek will not be regarded as valid in this tournament.
    Last edited by WombatDeath; 08-08-2011 at 03:16 AM.

No worries, they're on UK1.

circle2 has defeated ColOfNature in game 184698

I think we're ok on servers. They've been encouraging everyone to play on UK1 except to finish existing games on other servers. Or so I saw in the daily news.
    Last edited by circle; 08-08-2011 at 04:05 AM.

oops, clicked create game instead of advanced antilope... feel free to ignore it if you so choose...

Here are my proper challenges...

circle2 has challenged antilope in game 184799
    circle2 has challenged ascagnel in game 184801
    circle2 has challenged ChainsawHands in game 184803

WombatDeath - I've made you a mod in the Steam group, in case you want to make any announcements or whatever.

Everyone else - why not join the group and subscribe to the YouTube channel?

Thanks Col! I will take a look tomorrow when I am well rested and less likely to inadvertently break things.

I have also amended the number of turns per game (8) and added the "goal difference" to the reporting format. No need for any changes to the report of ColOfNature vs. circle2; I've added that result to the spreadsheet.

Obscure Node
    Whelp, looks like I've recorded the first loss, to ColOfNature. Derptastic play on my part. And YouTube recording crashed my game too :(

Ooops missed the google spreadsheet. Thought I was in to participate. For the best though as I am away for 2 weeks soon.

Good luck in the season guys, hopefully I can make the next one.