Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Web Cole View Post
    I am just waiting on Protagoras (as everyone else is) and my game with SFLegend is still on the first turn. I wouldn't mind if you awarded that game against me Wombat because a) I did challenge SF kind of late (4 days ago), and b) I'm pretty sure I'm going up a Division either way :P
    Let's give it a day or two. I'd prefer not to have to make a ruling on that particular game because the result determines whether me or SFL gets promoted to division 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Radiator Full Pig View Post
    What is this division bussiness? I dont know what it is, so I just thought that if I won all my games, Id be doing well. Web_cole decided to end that streak, for reasons unknown. ;)
    Two divisions, eight players in each. Bottom four of division 1 will be demoted at the end of this season, top four of division 2 will be promoted. So at the start of the next season we will (theoretically) have the stronger players in division 1, though hopefully division 2 will contain some new players - some have already expressed interest in signing up for season 2.

Incidentally, I'm particularly looking forward to the matches between circle, Col, Web Cole and the splendidly-named Peter Radiator Full Pig (I refuse to abbreviate to 'Crakker') in season 2.

Network Hub Peter Radiator Full Pig's Avatar
    I wish I could change my FS name to my forum name :P
    Ive checked, and you cant. The only way would be to start a new account. A pity.

Will the divisions stay as Symertical Elimination, or are we going to start playing other modes? I like Elimination for its purity, and symetry for its symetry.

Hey. Sorry to all those who have games pending with me. I have the magic combination of sickness and moving house at the minute so the mind bending required for FS hasn't appealed too much. I'll try and get back into the swing of it all this week.

Quote Originally Posted by WombatDeath View Post
    Excellent, so we only need the result of Web Cole and SF Legend to wrap up division 2. Division 1 seems to have ground to a halt, which is a bit disappointing.

Please could those of you waiting for an opponent to prime post the people you're waiting for here (as Wolfenswan has done above). Let's assume that Indigon in division 1 and Protagoras in division 2 are not participating, so you don't need to report those games.

Could those of you who are still around and interested, but haven't primed for any reason, please shout in this thread. I'm happy to give a couple of days' grace in games where both players are present.

On Monday evening I will make a decision on the unfinished games where the blocking player hasn't indicated their presence in this thread.
    If Division one need a further week to get games finished I for one don't mind the wait. Although I will be away from computer from the 23rd of sept for a week so it can't go on for too long.

Also, I lack the software but if someone wants to make slo-mo videos with match commentary soundtrack for this tourney (for the youtubes) I can do something of Britishy, Wimbledon voice or maybe stretch to an excitable american poker tournament commentator. It could be fun!

Sorry for taking so long, was going to do that match over the weekend but my internet went down.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Web Cole View Post
    gg Roarster, interesting game :)
    I think it was obvious I'd lost it from the first turn - there was no way I could get my two guys out of the one exit of that room without dying. I really find these symmetrical maps a struggle, I keep setting up what I think should be the best opening moves then completely changing them because I assume the other player will have picked the same opening moves and we'll cancel each other out. Still, I've had a good time despite my middling results and look forward to the next season.

Web_cole has defeated SFLegend in game 230831 by 4 men to 1

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Legend View Post
    Web_cole has defeated SFLegend in game 230831 by 4 men to 1
    I think that should be 3/4 to 0/4?

Well, looks like Div 2 is all done.
    Last edited by Web Cole; 22-08-2011 at 02:53 PM.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by WombatDeath View Post
    Two divisions, eight players in each. Bottom four of division 1 will be demoted at the end of this season, top four of division 2 will be promoted. So at the start of the next season we will (theoretically) have the stronger players in division 1, though hopefully division 2 will contain some new players - some have already expressed interest in signing up for season 2.
    How is the #5 slot gettin handled for D1? Is that staying? I'm on the bubble there now, but I'm unlikely to move down.

Season 1 is now over! I will go through the unfinished matches and assign points via a process of logic and wild guesswork, though I don't expect to finish before Tuesday evening at the earliest. A few points here, please skip to the end if you're pushed for time:

1) The victory will be handed to the player who I think has not been primarily responsible for the game's non-completion. I'm using incomplete information and may get these decisions wrong, so please do speak up if you feel you've been treated unfairly.

2) If two players both state in this thread that they would like to complete their match I'm happy to wait for them to finish, as long as it happens this week. If either player does not post in this thread, my decision will stand.

3) Don't take an adverse decision as any kind of slight. I fully realise that other concerns may take a player out of circulation for some or all of a season (as in Penguin's case), and the nice thing about short seasons is that a relegation can be followed by a swift promotion in the following season. Even in the best of circumstances it's inevitable that players will sometimes slide a division or two due to holidays and so on.

4) I haven't yet decided exactly how the divisions will work for season 2, as the roster will no doubt change. I'm probably going to promote/demote as previously promised, sort the two divisions by points scored in season 1, and then add the two lists (with new players at the bottom) to create a single ranked list. This will form the basis of our divisions for season 2. So, depending on the number of players for season 2, the people at the margins (Ascagnel, me, etc) may end up in either division. I'm aware that this probably doesn't make sense to anyone except myself, and even that's marginal at this time of night.

The important bits
    I would like to start season 2 next week! Please add yourself to this tab of the spreadsheet if you would like to participate. The season will most likely last for two weeks again, so don't sign up if you know that you're going to be away for a significant chunk (you can just rejoin for season 3). Old and new players all welcome.

Finally, please provide feedback about season 1 and ideas for season 2 - game mode, scoring, duration, maps, rules, whatever. My own preference is to continue as a Symmetrical Dark Extermination league but everything is up for review if the majority feels otherwise.

Finally finally, this has been great fun, instructive, and a timely reminder that I'm not nearly as good at this game as I thought I was. Thank you all for your participation!

By the way, if you're signing up to season 2 it would be useful if you could PM me your email address so that I can nag you if you forget about it. This is not compulsory, and I promise that I probably won't sell your details to the Russian mafia.

Tidying up division 1 was easier than I expected (though as mentioned above, take a look at the 'raw data' tab and let me know if you think I've got it wrong).

The only outstanding matches are:

ColOfNature vs. ChainsawHands
    CMaster vs. ChainsawHands

Can any of the players involved let me know where the hold-up is? If I don't hear anything by Wednesday evening I will call each match a draw.

Maybe I'm out of it, but I think the sign up is locked.

Feedback about season 1 and ideas for season 2:

Not a fan of symmetrical, but I will play. I would prefer something with an objective. I think Disputed gives a nice mix of having an objective, and still having an Elimination feel to it. Has to stay Dark.

Every thing else seemed fine. I have no problem staying with the same format.

Signup isn't showing as locked but can't be edited so something funky is going on.

As for last season I can't really comment as I missed most of it but perhaps standardising the number of men used would sort out any possible goal difference issues.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Like I posted upthread, the delay was down to me being unexpectedly away from my computer rather more than planned. I *think* the outstanding turns are currently with the other players, but I'll have a check when I get in tonight (back of 11) and again tomorrow (back of 7) to try and squeeze the endgame in.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    CMaster vs Chainsaw Hands is over in fact, I've just been waiting for him to report it. Was a draw, with 2 kills a piece.

However my game against ElMurph is nowhere near finished - I check twice a day for new turns, and we're still only on turn 3.

Network Hub
    Can't add my name for season 2 here either.

I'd vote for keeping things as is, but if the general consensus is to change to something else, I don't mind.

A couple of things I would suggest: it would be a good idea to edit the first post of this thread with some general information about the League and how to participate. It will be difficult to bring in new comers if all the info is hidden in the middle of the thread somewhere.

Also, in the same vein I think we should request a mod (or Jim, probably?) to change the name of the thread so that people actually know whats going on here "Frozen Synapse: Dark Elimination event" doesn't really cover what we're doing here anymore, and people looking for a FS tourny might skip over it because of that.

Sorry, the sign-up sheet should now be editable (let me know if not). Will reply to the other stuff later!