Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Game Update 1 patch notes

Official forum post.
    Did not see it posted here, so thought I'd do it to see what other people think.
    Editted to add some other points I did not spot at first.

My thoughts:

Horns are now available for the Sunderer and Flash! Check the Depot under Vehicle Gear = Sunderer drivers can finally tell others to get the hell out of the way.

Multiple characters on same server
    = Me going Traitor as an alt!

New Corvus assault rifle & Ursa LMG = If really accurate will be just what I need for more ranged combat.
    *The Corvus assault rifle has a slow rate of fire but compensates with deadly accuracy.
    *The Ursa light machine gun will provide a slightly lower rate of fire but extreme accurate fire.

The tail gun on the Liberator is now located on the back of the tail wing and not underneath it. This provides a greater coverage for all tail gun variants. = as Pres.Weasel pointed out, should make it easier for tail gunners to swat Mosquitos.

Tank mines can now once again be deployed by throwing them reverting the change made last week = Sunderer insurance premiums going up I presume.

Lock on Rocket Launchers will no longer fire without a lock on = Goodbye Hades, you are no longer worth it.

Extended ammunition attachments will no longer provide more ammunition capability than intended. They all will now provide 4 more rounds. = Hope it does not mean MAXes too...500 certs for extra 4 rounds would be silly.

The main shields at Tech Plants are now operated by two generators in the outlying buildings. These shields now have icons that display the status of the generators. = Should make those battles more enjoyable me thinks.

The Lightning Skyguard Turret has increased projectile speed and it's reticule has been adjusted to use the Terran Republic Burster MAX reticule. = This might mean I can hit stuff with my Skyguard Lightning for a change.

Platoons should now longer state they are “full” when all squads have squad leaders and there is still room for more members. = Ridebird spotted this, should make it easier for platoon leaders.

Have not done enough air combat for me to feel knowledgeable enough to talk about it, but think it will be of interest to the rest of you.
    Last edited by Sceptrum; 12-12-2012 at 03:46 PM.
    Steam: krusader83 | Origin: Sceptrum
    Planetside 2: SceptrumVS (Miller) : SceptrumNC (Mallory) : SceptrumTR (Lithcorp)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    You forgot the most important one:

Horns are now available for the Sunderer and Flash! Check the Depot under Vehicle Gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post

Horns are now available for the Sunderer and Flash! Check the Depot under Vehicle Gear.
    D'oh...well, no need for horns on my part. My Flash coming crashing down the hillside is usually enough to alert the enemy to my presence :P
    Planetside 2: SceptrumVS (Miller) : SceptrumNC (Mallory) : SceptrumTR (Lithcorp)

Now we can all create toons to join in with our lesser NC brethren. It seems that the boys in blue are not doing well numbers wise. Perhaps now they can possibly put a platoon together with the aid of our prodigious purpley prowess.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Yes horns!!!!!!!1

• Platoons should now longer state they are “full” when all squads have squad leaders and there is still room for more members.

Glorious news, I can now be platoon leader and not dude wot moves dudes.
    Last edited by RIDEBIRD; 12-12-2012 at 02:23 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    They've moved the tail gun from under the back of the lib to being actually on the back of it? That should help a lot against enemy fighters.

Also rocket pod damage to aircraft has been decreased - both of those together might stop liberators being such easy kills for, err, me. Also other pilots.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Beep Beep Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I'm a bit disappointed in the change to rockets. I think they'll still be used as they are, you'll just get slightly fewer kills per volley if you're going against infantry. The whole point of the 'sidegrades' is to, well, not be completely above and beyond. Why not just make these pin-point explosions, good against armour or direct hits and nothing else. Obviously it remains to be seen how these actually play out, but I'm not convinced.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    I'm a bit disappointed in the change to rockets. I think they'll still be used as they are, you'll just get slightly fewer kills per volley if you're going against infantry. The whole point of the 'sidegrades' is to, well, not be completely above and beyond. Why not just make these pin-point explosions, good against armour or direct hits and nothing else. Obviously it remains to be seen how these actually play out, but I'm not convinced.
    Well, just had a quick session, warming up for the formal-ish event later on, and I think the changes work. Flak is more dangerous and efficient, yet the rockets still do damage. But the thing is, the fly-boys can't afford anymore to just hover and spam rockets. So I think in overall it seems to be a bit more balanced now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sceptrum View Post
    Multiple characters on same server = Me going Traitor as an alt!
    Exactly.

I mean really? One faction char per server was one of the few well thought out things in the game. Now you can have three characters on one server and just roll with whoever is actually winning.

And horns are Vehicle GEAR? As in, only available as Station Cash purchase? If so, holy shit lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    I mean really? One faction char per server was one of the few well thought out things in the game. Now you can have three characters on one server and just roll with whoever is actually winning.
    Not really. You could always log out and log back in with another account. Would just take slightly more time.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Now you can have three characters on one server and just roll with whoever is actually winning.
    Whereas right now you can only change to the continent your faction's got 70% population on.

I'm glad they fixed Rocket Pods at least against turrets. ESF destroying anti-air turrets in one pass was just a bit silly. The changes to the platoon system are also more than welcome, for obvious reasons.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post
    Now we can all create toons to join in with our lesser NC brethren. It seems that the boys in blue are not doing well numbers wise. Perhaps now they can possibly put a platoon together with the aid of our prodigious purpley prowess.
    lol are we going to have to call you the indigo squad :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post

No, the most important thing is that you can now have multiple faction toons on the same account and server.

This is not going to end well

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Horns on the flash... because it's not like you cannot already hear that thing from miles away

I strongly oppose the changes to Tech Plants. As i have already posted in my facility thread, they probably are too easy to capture now. At least in my opinion.
    I really like how a bunch of defenders was able to hold a Tech Plant against higher numbers as tanks and aircraft could not interfere too much and more than once i have seen defenders push out the attackers despite them having passed the doors.
    I fear this has now changed. In case anyone was not aware, there are two important things that make Tech Plants a lot harder to defend. Of course the generators outside for the shields but also the teleporter connecting the main spawn room with the interior has been removed.
    That means that Tech Plants now are basically AMP Stations without walls and with shield gens that are way easier to camp with tanks. And also with the still unshielded doors.
    Once a Tech Plant is swarmed by armor, it will hardly be possible to defend it now. Even less than an AMP would, because in an AMP the defenders can still reach the shield generators from the main spawn, even if the attacking armor is inside the walls. And the SCU in AMP Stations is arguably easier to defend as it is inside.

To me, Tech Plants now look like smaller AMP Stations (with better bonus though).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    In my personal oppinion it doesn't matter much. Defense in this game is pretty much worthless, due to missing incentives to defend, overall abundance and effectiveness of vehicles as well as the overall shitty base design. So the new tech plants actually get them more into line with the rest of the bases...

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    In my personal oppinion it doesn't matter much. Defense in this game is pretty much worthless, due to missing incentives to defend, overall abundance and effectiveness of vehicles as well as the overall shitty base design. So the new tech plants actually get them more into line with the rest of the bases...
    Oh there are many incentives to defend, but defence only makes sense if someone else is at the same time doing something else, like capping whatever they are coming from, etc.

I make it a point now for any larger place that I have just taken to repair the shields, just to annoy anyone trying to get an easy return.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    So your point is the bases are hard to defend anyway, so it is okay that they changed the only well defendable base to not be defendable anymore?
    Personally i just enjoy it a lot more to fight over bases when there are defenders and attackers, so imho changes should encourage more defending instead of less. And thanks to the small entrances and the teleporter, Tech Plants tended to feel more defended even when hold by a smaller force. As is now, every non Bio Lab base can be easily taken with as little as 1.5 times the numbers of the defenders. If you come in vehicles and the defenders are on foot, you hardly need any bigger numbers or superior organization at all.
    Maybe that is what SOE wants however, a number of zergs running around taking bases with little resistance and loosing them when the next group rushes through. It is just that i would prefer more static front lines.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Incentives to defend is 15% XP, right? And the fact that you get a lot of kills. People generally want to move in a zerg always going forward though. With the strategic crew we've done plenty of defending.