Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37
  1. #21
    Moderator QuantaCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    6,851
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Incentives to defend is 15% XP, right? And the fact that you get a lot of kills. People generally want to move in a zerg always going forward though. With the strategic crew we've done plenty of defending.
    like I said, defending is a two step plan: one does the denying access from neighbouring regions, the other does the actual denial of access.
    - Tom De Roeck.

    verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

    "Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

  2. #22
    Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    628
    there's a reason the best ps2 player in the world has a whole lot more bases defended than captured. it's an xp farm (especially somewhere like the crown).

    i'm really disappointed in the rocket changes. i understand they wanted to nip the rocket sniping thing in the bud with the aa launchers (and i admit i have used it to my advantage), but i'm never going to carry a launcher that can't dumbfire at armor. there's no way. it makes the aa launcher way too situational, and i never would have purchased it in this state. i really hope they offer refunds on items they make fundamental, core changes to.

  3. #23
    Network Hub Sceptrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Jerusalem View Post
    there's a reason the best ps2 player in the world has a whole lot more bases defended than captured. it's an xp farm (especially somewhere like the crown).

    i'm really disappointed in the rocket changes. i understand they wanted to nip the rocket sniping thing in the bud with the aa launchers (and i admit i have used it to my advantage), but i'm never going to carry a launcher that can't dumbfire at armor. there's no way. it makes the aa launcher way too situational, and i never would have purchased it in this state. i really hope they offer refunds on items they make fundamental, core changes to.
    Agree on the refund part when weapon is fundamentally changed. Then again, people will define what is fundamental change. Of the two lock-on launchers, I will still use the Nemesis G2A, simply because in some situations it can be nice to have (at last night's Esamir tech plant push and some situations during Amerish takeover, more AA was needed). The Hades though...it is seldom I'm up against enemy tanks at long range and the S7 and now Decimator rocket launchers should prove good enough for my close-combat tank hunter needs. Then again if the Hades' range has been upped then it might be helpful at some rare occasions.
    Steam: krusader83 | Origin: Sceptrum
    Planetside 2: SceptrumVS (Miller) : SceptrumNC (Cobalt) : SceptrumTR (Cobalt)

  4. #24
    Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by Sceptrum View Post
    Agree on the refund part when weapon is fundamentally changed. Then again, people will define what is fundamental change.
    which is why soe will never do it. it's just unfortunate. 1000 certs (or 2000 for both) isn't a small price.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sceptrum View Post
    Of the two lock-on launchers, I will still use the Nemesis G2A, simply because in some situations it can be nice to have (at last night's Esamir tech plant push and some situations during Amerish takeover, more AA was needed).
    sure, but it went from being a fairly balanced launcher (in the sense that you could fire on armor if needed, but there was a drastic reduction in damage) to an extremely niche item. that's fine i guess, just frustrating to lose the only launcher that flies in something resembling a straight line. i'd happily use the default (i got used to the drop) but that motherfucking iron sight is the worst idea ever. i haven't trialed the decimator, but if it doesn't have a side sight like every launcher ever i'll be a sad vanu.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sceptrum View Post
    The Hades though...it is seldom I'm up against enemy tanks at long range and the S7 and now Decimator rocket launchers should prove good enough for my close-combat tank hunter needs. Then again if the Hades' range has been upped then it might be helpful at some rare occasions.
    hades is dead, for sure. not being able to surprise dumbfire on armor from behind is horrible. it'd be better if vehicles didn't get the lock-on notification immediately upon being targeted, but as is i can't see many people using it.

    ETA: welp, it looks like they scrapped the lock-on change, instead opting to fuck with the velocity of the rocket. it now has more drop than the default launcher and moves quite slowly. sigh.
    Last edited by Spider Jerusalem; 13-12-2012 at 06:25 PM.

  5. #25
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    38
    Only a month into the game and not only we have balance issue changes, but base layout? Scared to think of how the game will look in a quarter or a year.

    Is it me but is this game is gravitating towards World of Tanks (and Planes)? Being infantry is just useless - bases are made easy to capture with heavy armor (something that humanity has learned how to defend against in middle ages). Anti tank weaponry has iron sights and dumbfire - solutions dating back to 1939????

    I guess all certs should go into mag riders (can't fly sh*t) or other heavy armor

  6. #26
    Moderator QuantaCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    6,851
    Quote Originally Posted by reyn78 View Post
    Only a month into the game and not only we have balance issue changes, but base layout? Scared to think of how the game will look in a quarter or a year.

    Is it me but is this game is gravitating towards World of Tanks (and Planes)? Being infantry is just useless - bases are made easy to capture with heavy armor (something that humanity has learned how to defend against in middle ages). Anti tank weaponry has iron sights and dumbfire - solutions dating back to 1939????

    I guess all certs should go into mag riders (can't fly sh*t) or other heavy armor
    Ive had loads of fun just being infantry. But for all modes of transporation is true: you cant use it all the time.
    - Tom De Roeck.

    verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

    "Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

  7. #27
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    38
    I have a lot of fun with infantry.My best moment was last weekend when we stopped the TR zerg in a canyon just by shelling them with Heavy Assaults.
    But the way the game is set up you can use armor for almost anything - capturing most bases, anti-air, anti-personnel - meanwhile personnel effectiveness against armor was just reduced in the latest patch. Tech plants were one of these places in the game where infantry played the key role (Biolab, Crown being other examples) and were nerfed to make it easier for zerg to capture.

    I don't know about others but I find idea of mags spawn camping ridiculous.

  8. #28
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,020
    Heavies are still extremely powerful en masse against tanks, as it should be in this game with it's scale. It always bothered me in BF that I as a support with C4, or an engineer really, that knew how to run and play the game would 90% of the time win a 1on1 with a tank.

    I have no trouble taking out tanks, it's 100% about flanking and leading your rockets. I find the RPG in this has a nice feel to it and is easy to learn but hard to master.

  9. #29
    I think we need less tanks and more infantry fighting. When I'm playing as an infiltrator and see 20 tanks worth of zerg coming down the road with not a single person on foot.. I feel sad about my life choices.

  10. #30
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden (Göteborg)
    Posts
    3,316
    Agree with Ridebird here on the dumbfire launcher; it works just fine. Took out a Vanguard 1on1 yesterday, by firing two shots up its rear, whil it was busy taking down my Sunderer. Hate the iron sights though. Would love to be able to put 30 certs on a reflex sight, or something at least.

  11. #31
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    It always bothered me in BF that I as a support with C4, or an engineer really, that knew how to run and play the game would 90% of the time win a 1on1 with a tank.

    I have no trouble taking out tanks, it's 100% about flanking and leading your rockets. I find the RPG in this has a nice feel to it and is easy to learn but hard to master.
    First problem with this: How many times do you have a 1 on 1 with a tank in Planetside?
    Second: I hate being told that since someone is a better player than me - that a balance problem in the game does not exist. Judging by PS2 forums and the fact that there are no more queues on servers - it very much exists.

    EDIT: As for dumbfire - i know it works - but why should a launcher with lock-on be stripped of it. In what way does it imbalance the game? Especially that the guided missile does lower (sic!) damage than dumbfire.
    Last edited by reyn78; 14-12-2012 at 01:41 PM.

  12. #32
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,184
    Video on the Decimator:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m3n3xgZXFQ

    Looks solid but not sure if it's worth its price...

  13. #33
    Moderator QuantaCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    6,851
    Quote Originally Posted by reyn78 View Post
    First problem with this: How many times do you have a 1 on 1 with a tank in Planetside?
    Second: I hate being told that since someone is a better player than me - that a balance problem in the game does not exist. Judging by PS2 forums and the fact that there are no more queues on servers - it very much exists.

    EDIT: As for dumbfire - i know it works - but why should a launcher with lock-on be stripped of it. In what way does it imbalance the game? Especially that the guided missile does lower (sic!) damage than dumbfire.
    well I dont feel the game is balanced in favour of armour or airplanes.
    - Tom De Roeck.

    verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

    "Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

  14. #34
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,020
    Because then it goes from being a sidegrade to a straight up, fairly necessary, upgrade. I guess you could lower the damage by 20% or so, but then it feel quite pointless to hit tanks with. I have one on ones a few times, but I rarely win..

    I don't think it's overly hard to hit still though, but yes, I am pretty good at leading targets (except with the saron, sorry Qazz..).

  15. #35
    Moderator QuantaCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    6,851
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Because then it goes from being a sidegrade to a straight up, fairly necessary, upgrade. I guess you could lower the damage by 20% or so, but then it feel quite pointless to hit tanks with. I have one on ones a few times, but I rarely win..

    I don't think it's overly hard to hit still though, but yes, I am pretty good at leading targets (except with the saron, sorry Qazz..).
    Qaz doesnt mind losing shit, hes used to that from perp online
    - Tom De Roeck.

    verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

    "Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

  16. #36
    Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Hate the iron sights though. Would love to be able to put 30 certs on a reflex sight, or something at least.
    the iron sights are the only problem i have. i used the dumbfire long enough to get used to the trajectory and the sights (even on long range shots where the target is outside of the fov due to the iron sights), but after using the g2a for so long, it's painful to go back.

  17. #37
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,020
    A good sight would be nice, yes. I just sort of shoot on "feel" though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •