Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Most Feared Team: Chainsawhands' freakish Freak Elves "Elf Harm" (although Laneford's ridiculous elves are also worth avoiding)

Most Feared Player: Also Chainsawhands. I've played him many times in the Open and the Divisions and he always wins.

Cheerleader: Even before he arranged the Advent Thing and chivvied us all to join it, it was always going to be The Magnificent Jiiim.

MVP: aw shucks guys, it's an honour just to be nominated. I reckon it's Groovy though, for keeping the Divisions going even though he has approximately no free time at the moment. Good on you, fella.

I don't think I've played them myself, but looking at the divsion statistics, El Cubo and wink5000 have almost as good a track record as Corkir over the year. The three have averaged 2.85, 2.5 and 2.32 points per match respectively. Surely that warrants a wizard nomination for them as well.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Match of the Year
    Altdorf Army vs The Brain 19th of December in the year of Nuffle 2012

A near, unbelievable reversal of fortune. 3 - 0 to the elves at half time I demanded a 4 TD response from the army. Agonisingly, exquisitly, brilliantly at the army came up 1 TD short with a failed GFI on Turn 16 denying the victory.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    I don't know; beating Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim 5-2 and having his MV10 skink die on the last turn might not have been technically quite as good a match, but by Nuffle's balls it was satisfying: those fucking lizards had been the bane of my championship ambitions for so very, very long by that point.

Banned
    Most Feared Team - Dead Can-Can
    Most Feared Coach - Snoozer
    Cheerleader - Jim
    MVP - Screwie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Apologies for the lack of updates on this front folks, I realised I can't rightly go ahead with the voting stage until I've put together a little research for each of the nominees, and I can't do that from where I am right now.

I will push to get the voting started in the new year, once I'm back, even if we have to divvy the categories up and run through it in stages. I fully aim to get our winners crowned before the end of January.

In the meantime, a few nominations of my own:

Most Feared Player - Einstine on Snoozer's Open ogre team. What can you say to an Ogre with Block, Frenzy, Break Tackle and Piling On? Einstine's been stunted recently with a -AV injury, but I remember facing him in the Challenge league a couple of times and my whole gameplan turned into just trying to foul him off the pitch so I wouldn't have to take more hits from that monster.

Most Feared Team - Snoozer's mutant dwarfs, the Dwarven Giants in the DoD. Not only are they terrifying elf killers on paper, they are quite elfy themselves just to rub it in.

Wizard of the Year - Helio, because he made a lot of us seriously re-evaluate how we look at fouling in matches. I don't think any other coach has had as profound an effect on our little metagame in the past year.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Wizard of the Year - Helio, because he made a lot of us seriously re-evaluate how we look at fouling in matches. I don't think any other coach has had as profound an effect on our little metagame in the past year.
    Awww... *Hug hug kiss kiss* I'm only just started, you think I went AV7 elves just out of a desire to score 5 TD's a match? No, I did it to field disgusting AV7 blodgers who you are mathematically wrong if you don't foul.

But I don't think its my time yet, but I'll work hard to earn awards in the coming year.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Hey guys, an update on the situation here.

So... embarrassment.

First, sincerest apologies for the delay. I've been holding off on the voting phase until I could get the details for the match and play of the year categories as I would like them. However unforeseen circumstances this January has left me punishingly short of free time and I'm not sure when I will be able to complete them all as I have new commitments starting in February which will likely distract and delay me further.

I'm faced with an ugly choice right now. I don't feel that its fair to put the plays and matches categories without dressing them in some detailed context, but I really don't know when I'll be able to do that justice - certainly not to the standard I originally planned (with videos and such). :( The simplest thing would be to pull back, put up the other awards for voting and just drop the outstanding categories for this award season.

Would that be fine with you lovely people?

(I will now retreat to my corner defeated and ashamed)
    Last edited by Screwie; 27-01-2013 at 08:20 PM.

*ahem*

Sometimes you just need to vocalise your problems, you know?

---

Okay! Super frustrating wasted weekend over. Let's do this.

The first round voting form is avilable here (the OP has been updated to show this too).

If you're not sure of your vote, I'll add more details to the Most Feared Player category from home tonight which might help you make your mind up (I hope the other categories on offer are more obvious).

I'll sort something out regarding the other, outstanding categories. I have an idea.

Let me know if you can't access the form.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I have votered!

I votered too! Yay voteredings!

Also, no worries about the categories. Cheers for doing this at all :)
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    As all free people should, I have done my democratic duty

Thank you for voting!

I've added the skills of each of the nominated "Most Feared Players" to the OP, if that will help refresh your memory - with the exception of Billy Big Balls, who is deceased and as such I can't pull up his profile. But apparently he was very scary indeed!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    He had all the skills

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Thank you for voting!

I've added the skills of each of the nominated "Most Feared Players" to the OP, if that will help refresh your memory - with the exception of Billy Big Balls, who is deceased and as such I can't pull up his profile. But apparently he was very scary indeed!
    Rat Ogre with claw, pro, break tackle, juggs and guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    Cheers! OP updated.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Voted! Still looking forward to the results :-)
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    Had upwards of 30 casualties and more deaths than the next two players in the table combined. Azlop maimed a good few players, but he was a pale shadow next to Billy.

If you're still undecided, Billy is the only one with his very own song

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Billy: Killed by an elf.

Edit;. Mos Def (MA 10, ST 4, AG4, Block, Dodge, Catch) is a bit upset Jam Master Jay has stolen his thunder. Especially as he beat drawlien with horrendously elfy one turner to steal a 2-1 win recently.

But I do realise the value of irritating PWeasel does outwiegh things rather.
    Last edited by laneford; 29-01-2013 at 09:04 PM.